Notices

19" SSR Professor SP3 offsets?

Old 12-14-2014, 03:02 AM

Default 19" SSR Professor SP3 offsets?

Hi fellas: I saw this red xB on Stance Nation & fell in love. I wanna do mine similarly; the wheels are SSR Professor SP3's in 19x8.5 & 19x9 wearing 215/35/19 & 225/35/19. Any idea what the offsets may be or who I can contact to help me out what the exact fitment for that red box is? Thanks...
-Lance

Last edited by Sumolance; 12-17-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sumolance
Hi fellas: I saw this red xB on Stance Nation & fell in love. I wanna do mine similarly; the wheels are SSR Professor SP3's in 19x8.5 & 19x9 wearing 215/30/19 & 225/30/19. Any idea what the offsets may be or who I can contact to help me out what the exact fitment for that red box is? Thanks...
-Lance
Pics
Attached Thumbnails 19" SSR Professor SP3 offsets?-image.jpg  
Old 12-14-2014, 03:07 AM

Pic2
Attached Thumbnails 19" SSR Professor SP3 offsets?-image.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 11:42 PM

Best idea would be to email or call SSR USA. If they don't know then I guess try to hunt down the owner?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

If I had to guess, the offsets would be around 25mm. It's not super aggressive.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:14 AM

Thanks, guys. All I know is that the owner is in Hawaii & his name is Richard. (Just from reading Stance Nation article) I wish I could get a hold of him I suppose I'll call SSR USA & hope for the best...
Old 12-19-2014, 12:24 AM

So have you called them yet? What did they say?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:03 AM

Ok, update: I finally wrote an extensive email to SSR stating everything I can muster to explain that I needed help just with offsets, as I have all the other pertinent info regarding rim size, tire size, bolt pattern & Hubcentric opening. Some snot-nosed lameass answers the phone & looks for the email that no one even bothered responding to which was sent at least a week prior. All he could say is that my best option would be to try to contact the original owner after I had told him that I've exhausted all avenues of trying to find this guy. (Anyways, the owner, Richard Ruiz lives in Hawaii & he just bought the xB off of some guy who built it, also he doesn't have the SSR wheels anymore) This fukface didn't even want to help at all. Really, SSR? why doesn't anyone want to help or ******' do their job anymore?! seems like it's like pulling teeth trying to get accurate info from ANYONE these days. I'm starting to give up hope. Maybe I won't get an xb after all....I was so in love with these wheels too.... ____.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:05 PM

Ok, update: I finally wrote an extensive email to SSR stating everything I can muster to explain that I needed help just with offsets, as I have all the other pertinent info regarding rim size, tire size, bolt pattern & Hubcentric opening. Some snot-nosed lameass answers the phone & looks for the email that no one even bothered responding to which was sent at least a week prior. All he could say is that my best option would be to try to contact the original owner after I had told him that I've exhausted all avenues of trying to find this guy. (Anyways, the owner, Richard Ruiz lives in Hawaii & he just bought the xB off of some guy who built it, also he doesn't have the SSR wheels anymore) This fukface didn't even want to help at all. Really, SSR? why doesn't anyone want to help or ******' do their job anymore?! seems like it's like pulling teeth trying to get accurate info from ANYONE these days. I'm starting to give up hope. Maybe I won't get an xb after all....I was so in love with these wheels too.... ____.
Hey man, don't get all riled up about it. They can't necessarily tell you based off pictures. I just know that in some cases they will have the specs (if it's a very well known car or they dealt with that guy directly). Don't get mad at some poor sap at a desk because he can't find that exact set of wheels that they sell hundreds of. I'm sure if you keep asking around or googling, you'll find what you need. Don't not get an xB just cause you can't find a certain wheel spec.. that's just dumb.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:19 PM

Also just googling, i found that the offset and size you're most likely looking for is 19x8.5 +18 (79mm) and 19x9 +24 (79mm). Something like that. But idk.. those don't look like 19s for some reason...

My info is slightly adjusted from specs on this car:

^These are 18s^

SPECS:
Front: 18x9 +25
Rear: 18x10 +26
Old 01-28-2015, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by holdstumt
Also just googling, i found that the offset and size you're most likely looking for is 19x8.5 +18 (79mm) and 19x9 +24 (79mm). Something like that. But idk.. those don't look like 19s for some reason...

My info is slightly adjusted from specs on this car:

^These are 18s^

SPECS:
Front: 18x9 +25
Rear: 18x10 +26
Where the heck in the U.S. of A. can you drive a car that low to the ground? I just can not imagine you having to drive in snow.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by holdstumt
Hey man, don't get all riled up about it. They can't necessarily tell you based off pictures. I just know that in some cases they will have the specs (if it's a very well known car or they dealt with that guy directly). Don't get mad at some poor sap at a desk because he can't find that exact set of wheels that they sell hundreds of. I'm sure if you keep asking around or googling, you'll find what you need. Don't not get an xB just cause you can't find a certain wheel spec.. that's just dumb.
Completely understand; but at the very least, they can suggest what ballpark offset I should be in given the sizes mentioned, rather than take the lazy/easy way out & basically saying, 'I dunno.' They are a huge Japanese higher-end wheel manufacturer & base their entire existence on public reliance while using racing & show cars as their marketing. Just look at the selection of sizes, lip depths, offsets & finishes for just one model. One would gather that their corporate u.s. Office would have some sort of database of vehicle application, especially being a Japanese vehicle. It's not like I'm asking to put ssr's on a 1997 Pontiac sun fire. What about, 'let me take your number & see what I can find, or call these retailers & these guys might be able to help you.' Poor sap behind a desk, huh? This guy is getting paid to help answer questions, as the number listed is specifically for customer support. This guy simply said, 'I dunno; you're best bet is to try to contact the original owner... ' I already explained this. This kind of off-putting response is foolish, since he has no idea who I am & how he was unprofessional. This this is what they do: they manufacture & sell wheels. A more positive interaction could have been beneficial as far as from a sales standpoint, since I could bring them business from my employer, who happens to be a very large Japanese auto manufacturer, & I happen to work in their concept car division.
I have other resources, but I just thought that I would start from the chosen wheel manufacturer u.s. Office, since that's just a logical avenue. I appreciate you researching some existing xb's with similar applications; will be noted. I have been doing the same & trying to surmise a ballpark configuration given the sizes& widths, but reliability will be subjective.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Why should he help you and why do you feel entitled to this information? There's an aggressive wheel thread. Look on there and figure it out. I chose my wheels after I did a TON of research. After I received them, I still wasn't happy so I'm running spacers.

Don't expect someone to just hand you information that they worked hard to attain.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

If I were you, I'd go for the 19x10 +24 for the rear and 19x9 +24 for the front. Both Super Low Disk.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Also, I found the StanceNation feature with the wheel sizing. Offsets will be easy to figure out.

Red Box | Hawaii | StanceNation? // Form > Function
Old 01-30-2015, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Why should he help you and why do you feel entitled to this information? There's an aggressive wheel thread. Look on there and figure it out. I chose my wheels after I did a TON of research. After I received them, I still wasn't happy so I'm running spacers.

Don't expect someone to just hand you information that they worked hard to attain.
Please read my last post. Also my first. I have the pertinent info on wheel sizing, just not offset. I don't expect straight answers without research, although it can & has happened. I'm looking for possible guidance, hence signing up on this forum & starting this thread. Thus begins my search. I have seen your aggressive thread & have gathered info. I got the pics/sizing/owner from stance nation. I am trying to avoid being unhappy & buying spacers and studs. Thank you for your suggested offset width recommendation; will consider it.