Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up Windshield wipers

Does anyone know the size of the windshield wipers for a Scion xD? I have been having trouble finding those because autoparts stroes are not accurate with the measurements for my car ( They gave me a 16 for the passenger), without going to the stealership? Thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Julian_xD
Does anyone know the size of the windshield wipers for a Scion xD? I have been having trouble finding those because autoparts stroes are not accurate with the measurements for my car ( They gave me a 16 for the passenger), without going to the stealership? Thanks.
Its not the auto parts stores man, its the people that make the wiper blades. They supply the auto parts stores with the measurements to put in their computers.

If you take the passenger side wiper in, and match it up, you should be either getting a 12 or 13 wiper blade... I use a 13. I think that the driver side is like a 23 or 24.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks...yeah I think a 24 is used on the driver's side...I am looking forward to get some RainX wipers...they're the best
Old 11-19-2009, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rear - http://www.brandsport.com/toy-85214-52060.html
Driver's side - http://www.brandsport.com/toy-85214-68020.html
Passenger side - http://www.brandsport.com/toy-85214-68030.html

I got my blades from there not too long ago.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Lightbulb wipers

This has been a headache for me for a while so I'm assuming it may be a headache for others... I finally found the new-style frameless wipers for the Scion xD without having to go back to the dealer. Most aftermarket brands don't make a 14" in the new-style that fits the xD passenger side. The 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blade' is the ONLY one that comes in the 14" as well as 26" for the driver side. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. They work great and look awesome. Got them online.

Hope this helps others...

Last edited by jeff618; 03-08-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Am I the only one that thought the stock blades performed just fine, and compared well to my other vehicles with the RainX latitude assemblies? And its not like the stealership is that expensive,they provide good inserts for close to 20 bucks total, way cheaper than the rainx and most other assemblies. Though chels's links look pretty nice and are a little cheaper (id still rather get oem blades though as a personal preference). I have no experience with the trico products, but they look to be in the near price range of the rainx blades.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:52 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by xDTool
Am I the only one that thought the stock blades performed just fine, and compared well to my other vehicles with the RainX latitude assemblies? And its not like the stealership is that expensive,they provide good inserts for close to 20 bucks total, way cheaper than the rainx and most other assemblies. Though chels's links look pretty nice and are a little cheaper (id still rather get oem blades though as a personal preference). I have no experience with the trico products, but they look to be in the near price range of the rainx blades.
Some dealers are smarter than others and gouge less!! LOL I actually like replacing the whole blade (bladeframe and rubber blade) rather than just the rubber blade refill inserts because with our ice and snow up here, my wipers go through massive abuse. Better safe than sorry so the whole wiper blade gets replaced!!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sounds like a reasonable purpose for buying new assemblies. I dont see that kind of weather, we might see ice 2-3 weeks out of the year, and so far after a year of ownership my assemblies still seem in great condition.

Originally Posted by jeff618
Some dealers are smarter than others and gouge less!! LOL I actually like replacing the whole blade (bladeframe and rubber blade) rather than just the rubber blade refill inserts because with our ice and snow up here, my wipers go through massive abuse. Better safe than sorry so the whole wiper blade gets replaced!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are the prices from TRD Sparks for the whole setup, rubber and metal:

Passenger side --$8.29
Driver's side --$11.59
Rear --$5.73
Old 02-04-2010, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i personally like the covered teflon blades. had them on all my cars except my new D. i liked them. but my new D so far, the stock blades are ok.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here it is best to go with the cheaper blades and just replace them often. No matter what kind of blade you get the Louisiana sun/heat will eat it up.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
i personally like the covered teflon blades. had them on all my cars except my new D. i liked them. but my new D so far, the stock blades are ok.
Isn't it nice how long and well the stock blades last since the windshield glass is new? Thats one bad thing about keeping cars longer - the glass gets more and more "pitted" and blades get eaten-up faster and faster because it eventually turns into mild sandpaper over time.

I also agree with the sun comment - dry's the right up. I basically change them every 6 months because I'm a tad **** rententive!! LOL
Old 03-25-2010, 09:05 PM

Arrow Additional info

Originally Posted by jeff618
This has been a headache for me for a while so I'm assuming it may be a headache for others... I finally found the new-style frameless wipers for the Scion xD without having to go back to the dealer. Most aftermarket brands don't make a 14" in the new-style that fits the xD passenger side. The 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blade' is the ONLY one that comes in the 14" as well as 26" for the driver side. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. They work great and look awesome. Got them online.

Hope this helps others...

As a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico has a $15 rebate on NeoForms through 5/15/10. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30) not sure when it expires... Godspeed
Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just replaced all the wipers on the car. they all expired at the same time
Old 04-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JDMJim
i just replaced all the wipers on the car. they all expired at the same time
What did you get? How are they working so far?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

basic Trico's. they work fine.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 AM

I actually was having a hard time finding blade for my car, i actually googled and found this post here. I ended up just buying the replacement rubber for my wipers, it cost be 7 bucks and I got to keep my nice stock wipers, but a little back to black on it and they are good as new.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My local auto parts store had packs of 22" inserts cheap -- a pack of 2 for about $4.50 IIRC. I bought a pack, cut one right at the 14" mark, and used the remaining 8" scrap for the back wiper. Saved the other insert for when these die.

I couldn't find inserts long enough for the driver side wiper, so for now I just bought a blade.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Walmart has the basic Trico? replacement blades for 5 bucks each. 24 inch driver and 14 inch passenger iirc. They do the trick. Pop right on in like 2 minutes.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:37 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mattxd
Walmart has the basic Trico? replacement blades for 5 bucks each. 24 inch driver and 14 inch passenger iirc. They do the trick. Pop right on in like 2 minutes.
You must have a special Walmart...none around WI have TRICO. I will report back to you all that the TRICO NEOFORMS continure to work great and I've converted all of my vehicles to them.

Quick Reply: Windshield wipers