Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTuning Turbo Kit for the XD

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Comparing Todd to ptuning is ignorent. Ptuning I'm sure is content with the market and business they have now. They are doing the community a favor by trying to expand the market support for the xd. If yall are not willing to pay, than I'm sure they are content with not building a kit. As far as there reputation goes, just read the Tc forums and you will find out that they are a top notch company dedicated to there customers.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
I thank everyone for your support and input. It's obvious that the current criteria are beyond what most owners are willing to commit. Therefore, we will put the project aside for now. Hopefully, we can re-visit it again in the future with more doable terms.
wow, that was fast... i can understand your concern for not wanting to invest in a product, times are tough. companies dont want to pay to produce a product, and customers dont want to pay for a product that is not currently produced.

Originally Posted by youngflyer
Comparing Todd to ptuning is ignorent...
a fair assessment...... IF I OWNED A tC. all i did was state how they looked to at least myself - but if you'd like an 'ignorant' comparison, they are the same: neither has finalized anything for the xD. its rather amusing how butt-hurt you people get because someone doesnt bow down to a company, especially when they havent produced an ounce of product for the xD.

if nothing happens or its junk, then they belong in the same pile as dynatek and todd as far as im concerned; companies that havent done squat for the xD. im not giving anyone credit for something that shouldve/couldve/wouldve been. if they ever actually do make something, and its of quality, then sure, sign me up for your fan club.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Owning a Tc has nothing to do with this. Ptunings customer satisfaction for any car owner is top notch. If anyone is willing and able to succeed in producing a kit it's them. If you do a little more research than you will understand.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Owning a Tc has nothing to do with this. Ptunings customer satisfaction for any car owner is top notch. If anyone is willing and able to succeed in producing a kit it's them. If you do a little more research than you will understand.
i dont doubt they are a good company, but i dont need to research anything, they dont make squat for the xD... so it should be easy to understand that i view their customer satisfaction/products/whatever the same as any other company that hasnt made anything for the xD. i really dont know why you expect me to give them props for something they havent done. what theyve done for the tC does not concern me, why? because i dont drive a tC. they may be a great company, but what good does that do me if they dont make a product for the xD? about as much as todd, dynatek, and disney have done.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess we can agree to disagree and you xd owners can whine that there is no aftermarket support and then not take the opportunity to grow your community
Old 09-06-2009, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is kinda sad how we cant recieve nothing for the xd. at the very least all I ask for is just a header or an intake manifold would be great .. but maybe this is going to be the one scion not to keep up with the rest. im already considering to getting another car
Old 09-06-2009, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really though it's a new car with low sales volume. How can you expect a lit of aftermarket support?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if im not mistaking. xa's didnt make much sales either when they started yet greddy (or blitz or both) already where making a s/c for it. but im not trying get off topic here. point being I think we know where the xd is going to stand for the next couple of months
Old 09-06-2009, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the Xa also debuted when the economy wasnt like it is today.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
if im not mistaking. xa's didnt make much sales either when they started yet greddy (or blitz or both) already where making a s/c for it. but im not trying get off topic here. point being I think we know where the xd is going to stand for the next couple of months
Because the xb/xa had already been out for a couple of years in japan, and basically, any japanese car (even minivans and trucks) get major aftermarket support, the tc has support because its a popular platform that sold extremely well!

Yet here we are, let's face it, this xd kit is not gonna happen, people are interested, and will never acctually want to spend the cash necessary for this to happen!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heck I was interested in the kit, but not willing to bite yet. I was thinking of how I wanted accumulate the money( whether loan, 0% interest card, or just pull some of my cushion), and how long it would take to get the 10 people. I was wanting the company to sell its self some more maybe field more questions. Its been a few days and now we're on the back burner? I don't really care (to some degree) about people's opinion, because it can always be bias or they can just be repeating what they've heard. I was interested in what ideas ptuning had, and what they offer. I agree with pickledchang $2000 is alot for an investment, but sell us on the idea. Why would it be worth it? What could we expect from your company as far as standing behind your kit? Could we bring our car to you to have it tuned? Do you have certified tech that does the tuning? I hear good things about P tuning, but I'm not impressed with the fickleness. I've owned my car since March this year and so far have put $1000 dollars in it. We want products and we have money, and I preferred this car over the Tc.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the Xa also debuted when the economy wasnt like it is today.
couldnt say it better myself

and chicotunner.. the scion xd has been out for abit longer in japan (toyota ist).
like I said. I know ptuning is a great company esp. for tc and xa tuners. But they want a 2k commitment for a kit that we really dont know whats to expect as a result and they hasnt made anything for our xd. Like nateson said. They are not telling us anything other then they can make a kit. Thats great and im sure they can. But w/o any expectation as to what can the kit provide us power wise, I could be spending 4k just for another 40hp gain (yeah right)

Last edited by xD_kidd91; 09-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, no.
I expect half a bar of boost would give us half our power/64+128=192. I was wanting to know what you had in mind for our car such as air-air intercooler vs water-air, polished steel vs ceramic mani or twin scroll mani to make it more efficient ...... just elaborate what you think would be cool and what you are capable of.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I am one that tried to play and after 3 months I ended up with nothing but a box full of parts...Now I'm over it and have moved on to making my car stand out in other ways instead of having the turbo that I really wanted...I agree Ptuning is an awesome company but there is no way I could go through what I did not knowing what the end result was going to be...

To me, if they really wanted to produce a kit for the xD they should get (1) person to commit (like I did with TT) and build the kit off that one car...Give that (1) xD owner a smoking deal like todd was going to do for me for the use of the customer's xD...Have the customer pay for all the hard parts, meaning turbo, i/c, fuel mgt, inj, etc...PTuning would be resonsible for the R&D, mani, dp, install and everything else...

Then, once the kit is finalized and people see what they are buying they WILL COME...This is just my .02
Old 09-06-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sounds like a better idea and im sure once the first kit becomes successful then the rest will follow and purchase a kit once production begins.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if im going to spend $2k on just a deposit for a kit, i think i'd prefer to go custom... the same route a few people have already started.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if you go custom...you still have not "seen" the actual kit and you still dont know the "numbers" its going to put down. So what difference would there be between a custom kit and a ptuning kit other than better fitment, more power, and a professional tune? you make no sense!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldnt mind doin something like a small custom turbo set up. unfortunally. I only know 25% when it comes to force induction. fuel management and whatnot
Old 09-07-2009, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if only it was straight foward like this.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if you go custom...you still have not "seen" the actual kit and you still dont know the "numbers" its going to put down. So what difference would there be between a custom kit and a ptuning kit other than better fitment, more power, and a professional tune? you make no sense!
1. a custom kit would actually exist. all i have to do is put a super duper awesome turbonetics sticker on my bumper and im already ahead of the game.
2. ptuning just said they arent going to do one (let me guess, thats MY fault)
3. as you just stated, there is the comparison that neither custom or ptuning have shown any numbers, so im not sure how one kit is better than the other when neither exist (correction: untouchable has already accomplished a custom setup, no matter how 'sketchy' you think it is, its safe to say hes gotten further than any of these never-produced kits)
4. better fitment? more power? show me the numbers that say that (oh wait, they dont exist)
5. cost about $1500 less
6. composed of components that i want, not what they sell
7. any criticism of a ptuning kit would be overrun with ptuning-fan bashing, even if constructive.
8. i can do what i want, and there is nothing you can do about it no matter how far it keeps your head from the pillow.
9. some people like the challenge of doing something on their own instead of being handed everything, a tragic and rapidly expanding train of thought today.
10. its unique
11. thought you agreed to disagree, so um, you make no sense either.

Last edited by pickledchang; 09-07-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Quick Reply: PTuning Turbo Kit for the XD