Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Rules for turboing your ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Rules for turboing your ride

RULES FOR TURBOING YOUR RIDE

1. DO NOT USE YOUR ONLY MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION
2. REFER TO RULE #1
3. PREPARE TO SPEND TWICE THAN WHAT YOU THOUGHT
4. DON’T BE CHEAP
5. A PIGGY BACK IS A BAND-AID GET REAL ENGINE MANAGEMENT, IT’S THE BRAINS OF YOUR MOTOR. DON’T WASTE YOUR HARD WORK.
6. BE PATICENT, YOU’R DOING SOMETHING TO YOUR RIDE IN WHICH IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO DO.
7. IF YOU CAN’T AFFORD THE UP-KEEP OR CAN BARELY AFFORD TO TURBO YOU’R RIDE TO BEGIN WITH, RETHINK WHAT YOU’R TRYING TO DO. THIS IS NOT A BUDGET MINDED MOD.
8. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON A RELIABLE COMPANY OR PERSON. IF THEY HAVE YOUR CAR OR OTHER CUSTOMER CARS FOR LONGER THAN 30 DAYS WITHOUT A SOLID ANSWER AS TO WHY; THAN YOUR GETTING PHUCKED

I wrote this because I've seen so many horror threads; as well as this is what I tell all people that come to me for advice when they want me to turbo their ride.

If you can’t honestly be ready for all the above than wait till you are.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Perhaps you can help answer a question that has been bugging me for years. I have always wondered why the import guys are so quick to jump to standalone ECU's. On the domestic side of things I have seen people run high boost numbers while running stock ECU units just with a tune.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Theres alot more hand-held devices that can manipulate a domestic ecu. As well as their not running things like VVTI, MITEC, VETC and other sensitive item that are more prone to being on a economic import. So to get more control over items like vvti you need a standalone unit to do so. A AEM / FIC will not cut it nor will any Greddy Product. So to get the most from your tune you need a unit that can do it right.

I did enjoy the simplicity of a muscle car when working at Aerospace components. But even there, the real professional guys run stuff like, F.A.S.T and AEM STILL.