Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo/Supercharger options for '11 Scion xD

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:00 AM

Default Turbo/Supercharger options for '11 Scion xD

Hi All... I'm new here and new to Scions so I apologize in advance for my ignorance here. I am wanting to get a Scion xD. Ultimately, I would like to have it upgraded with a turbo charger or supercharger system. A few questions...

1) Is it possible to get a '11 xD upgraded with a turbo charger or a supercharger system.

2) Any ideas what it cost to have it done right by an reputable tuner?

3) Any particular tuner recommendations for Southern California?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any car can have a custom built. your gonna be looking around 4-6k with tune.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

call Rob at World Motorsports 310.347.2651 or just stop by.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionCREW
call Rob at World Motorsports 310.347.2651 or just stop by.
word
Old 03-21-2011, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Custom jobs in the past have meant with success but care must be taken as the xD internals are weak.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1
Custom jobs in the past have meant with success but care must be taken as the xD internals are weak.
if the 1zz is capable of reaching 250hp with stock internals. im pretty sure our engines can do the same.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
if the 1zz is capable of reaching 250hp with stock internals. im pretty sure our engines can do the same.
Some of the people running boost have popped their engines running less power. Also how long can the engine last at those power levels as well?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1
Some of the people running boost have popped their engines running less power. Also how long can the engine last at those power levels as well?
I'm not totally sold on that. I mean we do have soft springs and hollow pistons, but the bemani kit seems to be doing well. It makes 215ps, and is really expensive. The people I've seen boost their car have not had good ecu management. I mean the guy from Puerto Rico just added a fifth injector to the intake which is hardly exact science.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depends how ppl run their cars and tuning gots a lot to do with it. For our engines. Monkey wrench racing would be best choice for tuning or building a turbo kit
Old 08-08-2011, 11:17 AM

a standard is that a engine can hold 100 hp more than original.
but the most important thing is to have correct afr. even without forced induction the engine will blow whith too lean afr. you can even blow it with forced internal as long you have wrong tune on the engine
there are meny things too think about when forcing a engine and not only put a turbo and drive.
you will need ecu managment (correct fuel/ignition), colder spark plugs, colder engine oil, clutch, colder intake air, bigger injectors. depends what you will do and how much power you want. the list can be wery long depends how safe you want to keep the engine

and if you drive like you stold the car you will help to blow the engine. if you are gonna race, buy a race car. if you are tuning for fun and show of, drive it moderate and it will last. you can tune your stock engine as long as you dont over load it. 50 -70 hp gain is problably safe, over 100 hp on stock I wouldnt do that

i have 50 hp gain on my engine, I hope it will be safe and last for long time. I drive the car every day, normal drive. sometimes i push the pedal but never to the floor. Im a litle bit afraid even the afr is good. Il never now when it says kaboom it is a risk to force a engine
Old 08-08-2011, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds awesome, man. I hope you enjoy, and I am jealous!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vitiqo
a standard is that a engine can hold 100 hp more than original.
but the most important thing is to have correct afr. even without forced induction the engine will blow whith too lean afr. you can even blow it with forced internal as long you have wrong tune on the engine
there are meny things too think about when forcing a engine and not only put a turbo and drive.
you will need ecu managment (correct fuel/ignition), colder spark plugs, colder engine oil, clutch, colder intake air, bigger injectors. depends what you will do and how much power you want. the list can be wery long depends how safe you want to keep the engine

and if you drive like you stold the car you will help to blow the engine. if you are gonna race, buy a race car. if you are tuning for fun and show of, drive it moderate and it will last. you can tune your stock engine as long as you dont over load it. 50 -70 hp gain is problably safe, over 100 hp on stock I wouldnt do that

i have 50 hp gain on my engine, I hope it will be safe and last for long time. I drive the car every day, normal drive. sometimes i push the pedal but never to the floor. Im a litle bit afraid even the afr is good. Il never now when it says kaboom it is a risk to force a engine
50 ponies huh...how so?