Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

How do you remove the interior door panels on the xD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default How do you remove the interior door panels on the xD?

How do you remove the interior door panels?

Looking at taking out a very small dent/ ding on one of my xD back doors. How do would you remove the interior door panels the correct way?

I was going to just start pulling the panel off but decided to ask 1st . I do not want to ruin the clips.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-31-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

since no ones taking this one i will haha. on the bottom of the door there should be a slot like gap between the door cover and the metal, its just a place where you can fit your hand. grab at this part first and just tug at it till you hear it pop out of place. get your hand fully under the plastic and keep pulling, working your way from bottom to top. once you get the sides undone, you push up from the bottom of the panel to unhook the top (dont try pulling the top OUT)

unfortuantely, you may not be able to get to the dent because the door structure is built from the back as well, which blocks access to most of the exterior of the panel. hope the dent is in a section where this doesnt apply!!

theres sheets of light plastic that are tarred to the door, just pull the plastic back and when youre done, repress it into the tar, it doesnt cure, so as long as you dont damage the plastic, you wont need to worry about anything.

once thats done just make sure that all the white clips are back in the door panel, and slide it in from the top, then pop it all back into place. might require you to kick at it a bit, or slam it with your palm..when it pops in youll know

thats it!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

over here there are services called "paintless dent removal"...what they do is they will use a angled rod (L-shape). the plastic or rubber end of the rod will be slot thru where the window goes into the door (from outside) to get to the dink/dent. then they will twist the rod so that the plastic or rubber end pushes the dent back out.

sounds easy and simple tools but its quite professionally done..not that easy to get to the dents are certain places of the door as mentioned by TRDxD...
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OH shoot! i forgot to mention...there's two screws that you have to undo first! lol my bad

one screw is behind the handles panel (where you open the door, pop off the plastic piece behind the handle, and theres a screw i think) and then in the arm rest on the door, in that little slot, theres a screw there as well. once you undo this screw, pop out the small arm rest panel, and unplug the harness from the window adjuster. (up-down button haha) after you do that THEN you pop everything out, and its all good. sorry..completely forgot about it haha

thats a pretty cool way to fix dents btw...never would have thought of something like that
Old 12-28-2008, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They have those dent wizards all across our country too. I paid about a hundred bucks to have two good sized dents massaged from my doors on a Murano in Santa Clarita, Ca.. You couldnt tell where they were after they were done. Worth the dough!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just as long as you dont try and buy into that Bily mays thing... What is it? The Dent Doctor? That think is a piece of junk!! A friend of mine decided to buy one a few months back and it did more damage than it TRIED to fix!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude...as long as you have a SHAM WOW! then you KNOW you can fix it.. i mean..it's made in Germany right?

Germans always make good stuff...
Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I can say is... sham WOW!

When I had a TDI, we would call the Dent Wizard guys and they would send a couple of their guys to our meetings (large meetings, about 50-100 cars). They would do dent repairs for half price, cash only. There was a line of cars waiting for them the whole day. I've sat and watched them for half an hour... incredible!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats pretty tight...good idea for meets!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol... That guy makes me wanna spill soda just so I have a reason to punch my floor
Old 12-31-2008, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think theres enough reason to punch ANYTHING around you by simply looking at him...has anyone noticed how much larger his left eye is than his right?..its creepy....
Old 01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why is he always YELLING!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why is he always YELLING!
So that old people can hear him.