2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Aftermarket support! Group Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by microbg
This is Totally true. i bought the Scion xd Due to the fact that it is Amazingly affordable for someone with my set of income. i would rather have a super cheap car so i can mod the hell out of it vs have a badass stock car. i need to update my pictures. i have a Turbo'd scion xd Boosting fine with no problems Passing up turbo civics and and flying past mustangs. but ill admit. the sad aftermarket support made this very hard and VERY expensive. Every single aftermarket piece on my xd. Is remade/or custom. and that makes things higher in price when there one of a kind .

good news is. people love it. i have got a few first place trophies now. what can i say. people love the xd! its small, and there is nothing wrong with a 1.8. the gti is a 1.8 turbo (in some cases) but the handling is horrible.

one thing we have so far is suspension. that's the only support we have. and i used it, its a whole different car

Edit: you know, if there was more after market support for our car. more people would buy it. i know several people who want my car. but don't want to pay what i did for parts. some people (like myself) do research before buying a car to see what they can do to it. and i guess i made the mistake of buying the xd to early (day it came out) but the way the tc and xb landed i figured the xd would be the same. and i love the car for its size! small cars love the tracks and race ways. and i take mine to the local track all the time.

but i have invested far more then i'm sure anyone wants to invest in this car. custom manifold ($1,200) turbo setup ($1,300) suspension ($2,000+) lights sound visuals. ill get some pics up. i have dumped over $7,000 after labor expenses and custom work. i still need a tune lol
let us know how you got all the turbo/ retrofit turbo parts and I'll match your investment
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The problem with aftermarket parts is they look at majority. Sure there are 30 year olds that will add parts to their cars but they are a minority. You will get some companies that will make parts for our vehicles Fujita being one which I am greatful to say gave me a full sponsorship for my xD is also a minority their product doesnt give them a HUGE overhead cost like say a Turbo kit so if they make 1,000 an only sell $500 its not a huge hit.

I work for Toyota an the problem isnt just Toyota the problem is Toyota Dealers. Toyota wants the products pushed an wants dealerships to do events an everything but a lot of dealers have blinders on an can not see the long term gains they can only see what happens NOW.

Sure you may not sell 20 cars from doing a carshow but you may have someone buy a part from your parts dept. or someone might service their car at the dealership down the line. Owners want results an they want them NOW not 6 months down the line.

We need to support people like Randode an smaller companies willing to do the work on our vehicles. Most of the large companies dont care we need to support the small guys who will do custom work cause they love it
Old 11-27-2010, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CharlieChaos
The problem with aftermarket parts is they look at majority. Sure there are 30 year olds that will add parts to their cars but they are a minority. You will get some companies that will make parts for our vehicles Fujita being one which I am greatful to say gave me a full sponsorship for my xD is also a minority their product doesnt give them a HUGE overhead cost like say a Turbo kit so if they make 1,000 an only sell $500 its not a huge hit.

I work for Toyota an the problem isnt just Toyota the problem is Toyota Dealers. Toyota wants the products pushed an wants dealerships to do events an everything but a lot of dealers have blinders on an can not see the long term gains they can only see what happens NOW.

Sure you may not sell 20 cars from doing a carshow but you may have someone buy a part from your parts dept. or someone might service their car at the dealership down the line. Owners want results an they want them NOW not 6 months down the line.

We need to support people like Randode an smaller companies willing to do the work on our vehicles. Most of the large companies dont care we need to support the small guys who will do custom work cause they love it

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186125
Old 06-08-2011, 03:07 PM

A-Snell, Im in medford as well and i always see your car running around! I would like to become part of Scikotics!! Let me know whats going on!! I want to add more mods to my car every day. You might have seen me, Im the red XD with wheels and lowered!!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Smile

Originally Posted by RoadRunner
A-Snell, Im in medford as well and i always see your car running around! I would like to become part of Scikotics!! Let me know whats going on!! I want to add more mods to my car every day. You might have seen me, Im the red XD with wheels and lowered!!
Awesome!!! I've seen you around town before... go to www.SCIKOTICS.com and sign up. I go by The_Butcher on that site. Once there. Hit me up with a pm. Also, give me a call soon. We are gonna be at the mdford cruise unlimited show on fathers day June 19th. It would be great if you could make it. 541-761-4494. Btw, I have the next two days off if you wanna meet up somewhere.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 PM
SL Member

I need to know will aftermarket parts on a 2008-2011 series XD fit on a 2012 XD? I ask because I am having trouble finding cold air intakes and such upgrades.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

all aftermarket parts should fit from the 2008-2011 for the 2012. under the hood is still all the same, pretty sure even for the 2013 as well.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea the whole car never really changed except upgraded head unit. Head rest. Color options and for some reason the engine cover