Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

xB raceland work on xD??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 03:19 AM

Default xB raceland work on xD??

Hey guys!
this is just a thought so please dont flame me for this. I have a xB2 and my friend recently got a xd. We were talking about suspension for the xds and have seen it is somewhat more limited than the xbs..... But here is my thought...
The scion xb raceland coilovers may possibly work with the xD. I believe it might be possible because the racelands re-use all the stock top hats for mounting, so therefor you should be able to take your guys xd top hats and mount it onto the raceland coils. however my only concern is that are the mounts familiar to the xbs?? mounts i am referring to are the sway bar/endlinks, ABS brake sensor mount, etc. Has anyone ever compared the two struts and seen the difference in placements of mounts?? if they are similar then they theoretically work for your guys cars right??
Just a thought and might be beneficial to you guys!!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-26-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 AM

no one has an opinion? if anyone is taking their strut off and would like take measurements of it i would be willing to take mine off and measure them.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking the xB coilovers won't work on the xD. The mounting point at the bottom where it connects to the master control arm, the links are different. the xB's might be wider and/or thicker to compensate for the larger body and extra weight over the xD. If you got the time and want to compare the xD struts to the xB, look for any differences, then have at it
Old 09-06-2013, 10:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really doubt it would be a good fit, but if you would like aftermarket suspension options, you could check out microimage. The xD shares a chassis with the Yaris. Here's a link
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Scion-xD_c51.htm
From looking at coilovers from the same manufacturer I see they have different model numbers for the xB and the xD. I looked that up at fast scions.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-26-2017 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 09-09-2014, 02:09 AM

I was thinking the same thing as far as getting a cheap set of coilover then add coilover bags or whatever they are called, "sleeved bags". I guess the only question is overall shock length between the two unloaded and loaded and if the mounting of the coilover to the spindle xd vs xb are the same. guess ill have to buy a stock xb strut and find out.