Notices

FR-S wheels on an xD

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member

Default FR-S wheels on an xD

I have an FR-S, and I was considering putting the wheels from it on my daughter's xD. The FR-S has 5x100 bolt pattern with a 56.1 center bore, and the xD has the same with a 54.1 center bore. I know I can get hubcentric center rings to fill the gap in the center bore, but there is another problem. The wheels from the FR-S have a nice scion center cap that gets knocked out of the wheel on the front wheel positions of the xD due to the threaded portion of the axle shaft protruding through the center of the wheel. How can I make these wheels work on her car? We have been looking for wheels for her for awhile, her OE tires are finally nearing the end of their useful life, and she absolutely loves the look of these wheels on her car. As I will be buying new wheels soon, why not let her have my wheels? If I get spacers, I will also have to change wheel studs. Not sure about spacers and the whole hub centering part of the equation. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:03 PM

I certainly will be interested to know how this went for you. I have both 2013 FR-S and a 2012 xD and was wondering about doing exactly that when i get new wheels and tires for the FR-S next year.

________

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-03-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member

I put 15mm bolt on wheel spacers, and my daughter is running the wheels on the car now. It looks great, and I couldn't be more pleased. The wheels will drag on the front brake calipers without some sort of spacers. The FRS wheels have too much offset, and they are sucked in way too much to look good without substantial spacers. I think 20mm spacers would look better, but I think the tires would hit the inner fender if the spacers were that thick. I could be wrong.

I bought these:
Amazon.com: 5x100 54.1 Cb 12x1.5 Studs 15mm Hub Centric Wheel Spacers for Ct200h, Scion Tc, Xd, Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Camry, Celica, Corolla, Matrix, Prius: Automotive Amazon.com: 5x100 54.1 Cb 12x1.5 Studs 15mm Hub Centric Wheel Spacers for Ct200h, Scion Tc, Xd, Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Camry, Celica, Corolla, Matrix, Prius: Automotive

I bought 54.1 to 56.1 hub centric rings too.

A picture:
Attached Thumbnails FR-S wheels on an xD-051.jpg  

Last edited by twag4; 01-05-2016 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by LexoftheWeb
I certainly will be interested to know how this went for you. I have both 2013 FRS and a 2012 XD and was wondering about doing exactly that when i get new wheels and tires for the FRS next year.
The FRS
Attached Thumbnails FR-S wheels on an xD-055.jpg  
Old 01-06-2016, 06:50 PM

Cool

Oh that looks so good

Its settled.. I am doing the same

Thanks good sir

Originally Posted by twag4
I put 15mm bolt on wheel spacers, and my daughter is running the wheels on the car now. It looks great, and I couldn't be more pleased. The wheels will drag on the front brake calipers without some sort of spacers. The FRS wheels have too much offset, and they are sucked in way too much to look good without substantial spacers. I think 20mm spacers would look better, but I think the tires would hit the inner fender if the spacers were that thick. I could be wrong.

I bought these: Amazon.com: 5x100 54.1 Cb 12x1.5 Studs 15mm Hub Centric Wheel Spacers for Ct200h, Scion Tc, Xd, Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Camry, Celica, Corolla, Matrix, Prius: Automotive

I bought 54.1 to 56.1 hub centric rings too.

A picture: