Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Headliner material

Old 09-25-2009, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Headliner material

do you have to use headliner fabric on your headliner, or could you use a cotton fabric?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM

you want to use something that the spray adhesive will not seep thru on becuse you need to put spray adhesive on the back of the fabric and the headliner so use something that is strechy but kinda thick because we have so many curves on our headliner if you dont use something strechy it will be impossible to get perfect. It took me to times to do it because the first time i used the wrong fabric. it just all depends what you are looking to do. Did you want it to look stock or are you going to do suede or something of that nature? let me know if you have any questions iam happy to help
Old 09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was actually going to do this but i dont know what type of fabric to use. What did you use for your headliner? I basically just want to change the fabric color to black nothing fancy like suede. any ideas?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am going to do a plaid theme and cause i just swapped to jetta gli plaid seats
Old 09-25-2009, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UTI_superwhite
you want to use something that the spray adhesive will not seep thru on becuse you need to put spray adhesive on the back of the fabric and the headliner so use something that is strechy but kinda thick because we have so many curves on our headliner if you dont use something strechy it will be impossible to get perfect. It took me to times to do it because the first time i used the wrong fabric. it just all depends what you are looking to do. Did you want it to look stock or are you going to do suede or something of that nature? let me know if you have any questions iam happy to help
wow that was so hard to read. Punctuation please. But on to the matter at hand. You can use any material you want to be honest, no such thing really as "headliner material." If you dont want to go the suede route, you can opt for faux suede or microfiber froma fabric store. Any other material in my opinion would look tacky and not come out right. Ive wrapped headliners in a lot of my friends vehicles, including my own and have experimented with many materials, but suede and faux suede come out the best looking. You're also going to want an industrial strength spray adhesive to save you the headache of having to rewrap when it starts to sag if you buy the cheap stuff. Any questions feel free to pm me
Old 10-10-2009, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

use whatever u want i used suede but to each his own
Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

terminal lets see some pics of the gti seats in your tc, ive considered this
Old 10-11-2009, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murphys_Law
terminal lets see some pics of the gti seats in your tc, ive considered this
i will get some when i put them back in, i sent them to get re stuffed and the vw removed, got the stocks in now...
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u gotta make sure its a stretchy kind of material in order to spray some adhesive onto the back of it. i made a VERY VERY poor decision using this one really cheap material stuff back when i had my jeep cherokee. it wasnt the stretchy kind, but it held on pretty good when i sprayed that sticky stuff on it. the problem was, whenever it got cold, it would get really droopy, and when it got hot, it would tighten back up again. this kept happening, and finally it started peeling. only lasted for a couple months, then i got rid of it. gets really annoying