Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Toyota/scion oil coupons???

Old 02-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Hip

Thumbs down Toyota/scion oil coupons???

I purchased my xd last june and when I was on the rocks between an xd and a used 2005 rsx type s I was told by the Toyota sales person that if I purchased my xd that month I'd receive a years worth of free oil change coupons. It's been seven months since and I haven't received mail about it so I called my rep and asked her where they were and she said Toyota sold so many cars that they ran out of coupons and I should wait a little longer or call toyota themselves.

I was wondering if that has happened to any other new Toyota/scion buyers and what they did.

I thought I could send in receipts for my last 3 oil changes to Toyota demanding reimbursement but I hate being that way.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there should be something on either the window sticker or the owner/service manual for your 3 free oil changes. it has been over 6 years since i bought my scion. but i remember it being in the service or owner's manual when i bought the car, because i got my oil changed at a remote dealership in cumberland MD, and they were not aware of it, but i just showed them the page in owner's manual, and it was my second oil change, so they were fine it.

i heard it changed from 3 free to one free to now i'm not even sure. but go through your owner's manual, window sticker if you still have it, and service manual, it should explain it in there somewhere. no toyota does not send you coupons to my knowledge, they're supposed to be with the owner's manual when you buy the car.

what a load of crap, didn't print enough coupons. toyota knows how many cars they build, so they have a pretty damn good idea how many cars they're going to sell. that is like saying they ran out of emblems.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Hip

Lol. That's why I was frustrated. Let's make millions of dollars in cars but not hundreds of dollars in paper for our coupons.

I'll check the manual. You could right and she was just doing what sales people tend to do spur the moment.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would of gone to the dealer for the first oil change and said" I'm here for my first free oil change. Coupon? No you didn't send me a coupon, but I bought the car here and I expect my free oil change."

Sent from my Droid
Old 02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Hip

Originally Posted by cobaltbravo
I would of gone to the dealer for the first oil change and said" I'm here for my first free oil change. Coupon? No you didn't send me a coupon, but I bought the car here and I expect my free oil change."

Sent from my Droid
I actually tried that but I called because at the time I was clueless of these "coupons". I thought you just make an appointment and they'd know from the contract and when he told me what it'd cost I asked to speak to my rep and that's when I got the news. "waaaaaaahhhhhh????"
Old 02-06-2011, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didn't get any coupons, but i did get my first oil change free. i was surprised, and for once a surprise with my car was a good thing
Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Hip

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD
i didn't get any coupons, but i did get my first oil change free. i was surprised, and for once a surprise with my car was a good thing
My friends mom runs an oil shop so I get mine changed for 20 bux but free is free and I want my oil changes!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 PM

Yeah, Got mine late last year and they gave me the coupons the day I bought it. It came with the owners guide in the nice zippered case/first aid kit. I'll run out there and check just to make sure...
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 PM

Page 35 in the 2010 warranty and maintenance guide(purple). You bring that in for the 5k, 10k, and 15k...the promotion that goes beyond, aka Toyota Auto Care, should have been delivered in the mail and customized to you and your dealer.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

since i don't work, I got one in the "a year worth of oil changes". I didn't know about it. but when it was done, it was no charge and they told me why. both my cars have been basically one oil change a year. I split driving duties between them.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i never used a coupon, i just drove up and said i want my free oil change and rotation, and they said OK and did it no problems.

and even if you don't drive the mileage you should still change it every 3/4 months. i've never driven so much as to even come close to seeing the mileage limits.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Hip

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
i never used a coupon, i just drove up and said i want my free oil change and rotation, and they said OK and did it no problems.

and even if you don't drive the mileage you should still change it every 3/4 months. i've never driven so much as to even come close to seeing the mileage limits.
I'm at 12.8k miles n I've had it since June 2010. Dunno if that's a lot but can I still get 3 oil changes lol
Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hip
I'm at 12.8k miles n I've had it since June 2010. Dunno if that's a lot but can I still get 3 oil changes lol

ha ha ha ha.... i've had my car 1 year and 1 month, and already hit 36000 miles (today actually). I have to do an oil change every month and a half to 2 months cause i get 5000 miles in that time. LOL!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same here. I just called the dealership where I bought the car and said I needed to make the appointment for my free 1,000 mile tune up, 1st, 2nd, which ever it was, free oil change. It was all in the system. I think my 2008 only got 2 free oil changes with it. But a free 1,000 mile tune up, at which time I made them give it an alignment. It pulled bad to the right when I first got it.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just got 2 years/ 25,000 miles of free maintainence when i bought my D
Old 02-22-2011, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

with my xD i got a lifetime free maintenance warranty thing.
so i never used a coupon there either
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally won't even allow Toyota to touch my car (except for warrenty type issues). I take care of 99% of all maintanence. I don't like others touching my car, even if they are ASCC certified techs.