Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Please close thread, i will be closing my account. Thank You!

Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
SL Member

Default 2008 Auto Turbo XB project - fastscions.com - level ten transmissions (closed thread)

Website up stuff being added every day. Go there for a full list of photos and videos.
http://http://www.thumpbox.org

Update as of April 21st 2012.
I have purchased
-Fastscions.com Turbo Kit up to 20PSI
-UniChip
-TRD Lowering Springs
-Hotchkis Front and Rear Sways
-Rotara Drilled and slotted rotors
-Foose 17x17.5 225 45r17
-Fully Rebuilt U241E Auto 4spd Tranny with Torq Conv. from Level Ten
-3" full custom exhaust with High Flow Resinator

Car is in the shop now, after break in hoping to have dyno results by the 2nd of march.

Hey all, i will be starting project xb soon and wanted to get some input.

Right now i have

TRD CAI
House of Billiet Lightwieght Crank Pully
TRD Lowering Springs
Strup 4 to 1 Header
Strup Axel Back
Custom Down Pipe
UniChip

I am pushing about 205 at the crank however i am thinking about fi or built motor n/a with nos. I know they will both be about the same value. I would love some input on FI (turbo, rods, pistons) or N/A (cams, valves, port and polish, bore, rods pistons + Nitrous)

I also first off am looking for ways to increase the ability of the tranny. I will be installing a Tundra Transmission cooler but i know i will need more than that. Thank you in advance everyone!

Dustin

Last edited by ThatGuyAtGeweke; 02-05-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have pretty much the same stuff minus the unichip and pully and i had 148whp i dought you have 205 crank. once i factor in the 15% drive tran lose i have about 170bhp (crank) the unichip and pully wont had 35bhp. you probly have 178-180 crank

alos there are a few tcs on here with 200whp all motor. with the amount of money for you to make the same hp as FI its not worth it. turbo you can do 300hp/300tq. ( with he built tranny, max 250whp with cooler)
Name:  Dyno.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  60.9 KB

for the tranny:

http://www.importperformancetrans.co...sion-4355.html

or...

http://www.levelten.com/Level_10_Toy...a310-5000s.htm

http://www.levelten.com/Level_10_Toy...a210-5000p.htm
Old 07-24-2011, 03:31 AM
SL Member

Thank you for the info, i was guestimating crank hp. First run was 146 hp 4th run after unichip tune by aaron from unichip it was pushing 158 at the wheels. Thought it was anywhere from 15% to 30% loss i know its more on awd platforms.

Anyways heres what i was planning.

Ive done some pricing and thinking about a manual tranny swap, i can get really good prices as i work for toyota. Here is my question for the second part how much HP can a built auto handle B how much HP can a built manual handle. Also they do not make an LSD for the auto right just manual? Thank you in advance i appreciate the help!

Also that performance tranny does not say Scion XB, the auto on the Scion TC and Scion XB are actually different, i am unknowing if the bolt pattern is the same or not though.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UNICHIP!!! HEEYYYYYYY
Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what maps your running? i been talking with him about some other stuff
Old 07-24-2011, 03:39 AM
SL Member

running a 75 shot map, and a High octane map, no normal mode only got a 2 map switch. Had it actually dyno tuned so its not one of the maps that they have by default.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the trannys are the same with auto same bolt pattern on engine but mounts are diff.. the manuals are the ones that are diff( gears a a lil diff). a stock auto with a cooler has been proven to do at lest 225-240 (scionfred) but up to 250whp before sliping and pooping out. level 10 once told me that there upgrades would do 350whp. a stock manual can do 300whp easy i think. they do not make a lsd for auto.

i would keep the auto but thats just me. you have faster 1/4 mi times becasue you never lose boost when shifting. and you have a free hand to do...whatever...*cough*
Old 07-24-2011, 05:52 AM
SL Member

only reason i notice they are diff is the scion xb is ect (seq. shift) and the auto in the TC is manual auto if that makes sense. I honestly have not looked into if they are totally different trannies or not however they should have same bolt because its same motor.

so about staying auto, would save me a lot of money. That performance tranny you linked does not say XB thats why i was asking if it will work. Also do you think from your experience you could get the auto to support 350? If so i would stick with auto save myself some money, build up the tranny, and slap a cooler on it.

I really appreciate your help!

Also if i stay auto, what kind of boost / internals should i run? rods, pistons, fuel rail, injectors?
Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

both the tc and the xb have the squeal shift mode.

your not really saving money buy staying auto ether. its cheaper to make 350hp/tq on a manual yes but once you factor in the conversion costs i would just put that money towards building the auto tranny,. that link was just an ideal. they make a tranny for the xb and tc. u241e is the tranny code. im sure that built tranny will do 350. you would really need to email/call them . you might need a standalone tranny shift controller too.

if you just run a cooler then 5-7psi on stock internals seem to work fine with 220-250whp. thats twice as much hp over stock wph anyway. 100% return is not bad!

this kit is by far the best kit for the xb. it will come with the fuel injectors and theres no need to upgrade internals. dont think you will get 400hp with an auto so no need to build the motor. but with the build tranny 300-350 is withen reach
http://www.world-motorsports.com/wms...products_id=42

i would say 4250(turbo kit) + 3275 (buildt tranny) + easy 1000 for install = 8,528 for 300-350whp/tq about half the price of the car lol

or

4250 (turbo) +1300 ( some tranny upgrades) + 1000 for install = 6,550 for 250-maybe 300whp/tq.

plus gauges and other stuf you will want.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:23 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by r2d2michael
both the tc and the xb have the squeal shift mode.
I sell them and i assure you no tc before 2011 had a (slap shift) (sequ shift). The 2010 and before had the same shift pattern same layout as the camry, rav 4. 2010 camry actually had the 6 spd seq shift come out.

Im kind of with you on the same thought with the spending that money on building the auto as you said in 1/4 or head to head will be a bit quicker because no wind down on turbo.

What would i need to do to get 12 to 15 psi out of it? Sorry let me be more clear, out of the motor. I already know i would need to do work to the tranny.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ThatGuyAtGeweke
I sell them and i assure you no tc before 2011 had a (slap shift) (sequ shift). The 2010 and before had the same shift pattern same layout as the camry, rav 4. 2010 camry actually had the 6 spd seq shift come out.

my bad. i thought they all did. if you sold them they yeah ill beleve what you said lol

as for boosted 12 and up i would start to biuld the motor. forged rods and pistons. if you wanna go all out you can strok it to like 2.61 liters and then go for 500-600whp. but again dont think you get even a built tranny past 400. some guy on here got above 350whp on the auto but really started have issues with shifting

http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Scio..._Scion_tC.html

dont mind the tc thing. it will work for xb too
Old 07-24-2011, 06:38 AM
SL Member

I still work at Toyota (thatguyatgeweke.com) hehe. Been there about 5 years. So i can get the parts cheap and oem.

Ya that lied the problem i ran into with wanting to do the manual swap. I can get all the parts pretty cheap from pick and pull and im pretty sure the seq shifting is just a Ecu module and its the same tranny. I was thinking finding a manual tc, xb, or camry tranny and doing the swap so i could get over 400. I have about 10G to drop into it. I Also get it a lot why not just buy a faster car blah blah. I bought this car for 18 drop 10 into it still only a 28,000$ car with 400+ hp.
Also the look on peoples faces when they get destroyed by a box is priceless.

From what i figure i could drop 10 do the swap for about 3 to 4 including labor turbo 3k including labor (new from fastscions.com) good turbo set up know the owner Joe. 2 to 3k on internals.

I'm really trying to decide. I know i could get there if i did the swap... Help lol!

ps. thank you so much for letting me pick your brain.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honesty if you got 10k to drop i would stay auto! not only would the faces be graeat but 100x better when they see your a auto! lol. its about time someone with money to spend, spends it on an auto box lol.

there really are not that many tcs even with 350+whp and with 350whp/tq at only 3000lbs and never losing boost there isent much on the road that you cant take if you know what i mean.

also once you get past the 350 mark you have to think about other parts that will fail. like suspension and your handling i would build the auto/ motor boost to 15-18psi and stay in the 350-400whp range to keep it a daily driver.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:51 AM
SL Member

On the Money.

I just needed someone else to say it lol! I love the auto idea. Like you said 1 hand for (cough). So You seem to know a lot about this, was the stuff you linked at first for building the auto to 350 to 400? or do you know someone or a company that can do it? I would prolly need the bore kit 2.6L + turbo + auto Build? I have quite a few suspension mods already plan on going coilovers with these mods.

just set up a big scion show in cali 2 weeks ago. I got sponsored by Hertz and Audison and Dynamic Audio. 5 TV's stream netflix from phone, dvd, live tv. 140db system custom fiber box molded in back. figure i need to complete the package with a smokin engine =)
Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ipt seems to better than level 10 IMO and yes it “should” be good for 350-400whp. On the fast scions turbo kit, I think it’s a great kit but makes 40hp less than the kit I posted. Also pretty much no one tunes the unichip. Yes it comes” pretuned” but you can get so much more with a real tune. You don’t need to bore the motor to get 400whp and if you’re staying with auto there’s really isn’t a point to dropping the 4k+ on it.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:03 AM
SL Member

Ya the fast scion one is getting 350 now with the 3" exhaust system. I can get a better deal i think also lol.

believe me i know had to drive 3 hours to a shop that was unichip certified and they had no idea what they were doing. 3 hours later i had aaron from unichip tuning it remotely lol.

I can have him do that again, i do like the idea of keeping the stock ecu intact.

I like the lpt also because i just need to purchase the tranny and not pay for labor on the tranny work.

Do you think i would need head work? or just the turbo, tranny, rods, pistons?

what kind of power do you think you could get out of a supercharger also?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ThatGuyAtGeweke
Ya the fast scion one is getting 350 now with the 3" exhaust system. I can get a better deal i think also lol.

believe me i know had to drive 3 hours to a shop that was unichip certified and they had no idea what they were doing. 3 hours later i had aaron from unichip tuning it remotely lol.

I can have him do that again, i do like the idea of keeping the stock ecu intact.

I like the lpt also because i just need to purchase the tranny and not pay for labor on the tranny work.

Do you think i would need head work? or just the turbo, tranny, rods, pistons?
350 crank or wheel and do you know at what psi?
just havent been sold on there kit. the other kits PROVEN lol
i would get in contact with ipt and for 350whp dont think you need any head work. if i were you i would trool around in the FI section for the tc way more info than in the FI section for xb.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM
SL Member

the dyno done by arron from unichip was 341 at the wheels he is manual though

is this the same decen turbo kit?
http://www.fastscions.com/descendant...-2012-xb2.aspx

I would rather go with a tested one also =)
Old 07-24-2011, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea there is a greater drive train loss for the auto. Wish fastscion would update their site lol
And yea that’s it. But you really want the one WITH engine management and the FRONT mount intercooler. None of that side mount ____ lol IMO.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:27 AM
SL Member

yah, i see it comes with down piping and does all the work for you basically lol.

so that + Rod Pistons + Performance Tranny about 8400 and will prolly be about 1500 in labor so right at 10k lol perfect

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please close thread, i will be closing my account. Thank You!