Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2004 Scion xB - replaced starter yesterday, now it will not start again.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:52 PM

Default 2004 Scion xB - replaced starter yesterday, now it will not start again.

I was having an issue with my 2004 Scion xB where whenever I tried to start the car, all the dash lights would come on, the radio, the AC, everything, but the engine would not turn over at all, and was pretty much silent. We found that by banging on the starter we were able to start it. Unfortunately that only bought us about a week, and then the car stopped starting all together. So we had the starter replaced yesterday afternoon, and it started right up. I probably started and drove the car 5 or 6 times between yesterday afternoon and this morning, and it started right up every time. Then, early this afternoon I tried to start it again, and it would not start. It did the same thing that it was originally doing - dash lights and A/C on, but silent engine and no start. I have checked the fuses and they are all fine...none of the lights or headlights turn off or go dim when I try to start it either. Any ideas? I am due to have a baby any day now so the idea of not having a car to get to the hospital is stressing me out! Thought we had it taken care of. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Popular opinion from people I have spoken with seems to be that it is the neutral switch. According to limited reading and research I've done it looks like I can probably just clean the switch and that may get it working again...could anyone help me out and maybe walk me through that or direct me to someplace that will?