Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

I want more horsepower on my Scion tC. Help

Old 01-14-2009, 08:58 PM

Default I want more horsepower on my Scion tC. Help

i have 2 questions

1. right now i have no exhaust on my car and i was wondering how much horsepower i have lol

2. so im getting a megan racing exhaust and injen intake. i was wondering how much horsepower i will have and how i can get more

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-17-2017 at 04:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: i want more horsepower on my scion tc. help

Originally Posted by zacxzx
i have 2 questions

1. right now i have no exhaust on my car and i was wondering how much horsepower i have lol

2. so im getting a megan racing exhaust and injen intake. i was wondering how much horsepower i will have and how i can get more
first, if you are stock you probably have less power without the exhaust. Second you will probably only gain at most 7-10hp with the exhaust and intake.

note: when I say you are stock, I mean without a turbo charger or super charger.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do you mean no exhaust? You still have to stock one on? Because if you really removed most of the exhaust then you will see more gains then with the megan exhaust.

and with any intake and any exhaust dont buy it to gain performance, buy it for the sound.

Just by the way this post is written I recommend reading as much as you can before buying parts. Parts are expensive but reading and educating yourself can be done for free online...
Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stock tCs will run probably around 130-140 to the wheels.
if you get a catback and intake, you could gain like....4 hp? 5? the most restrictive part of the exhaust system isn't the midpipe or axleback so replacing them won't do too much.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by guitarguru44
what do you mean no exhaust? You still have to stock one on? Because if you really removed most of the exhaust then you will see more gains then with the megan exhaust.

and with any intake and any exhaust dont buy it to gain performance, buy it for the sound.

Just by the way this post is written I recommend reading as much as you can before buying parts. Parts are expensive but reading and educating yourself can be done for free online...

welll i have no exhaust on the car at all because im waitng for the megan racing one to come in the mail .

and i really want to make my carr faster so i can beat some of my friends in a race.

btw my car is AUTOMATIC
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: i want more horsepower on my scion tc. help

i have 2 questions

I have seen stock 08 tc's dyno from 138whp-144whp, so that is probably were you are at. When i got my car got dynoed it made 162.9whp but thats with an injen cai,greedy sp2 axle back exhaust and dc-header. A similar tc with same mods as mine except it had a trd exhaust dynoed at 160whp both 5spd's.

If you do end up getting those mods without a header you will be around the 150ish whp.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

his car's a 2006 meaning it's running a lower compression AND its an auto meaning he's probably not going to get those numbers with just those mods.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by guitarguru44

welll i have no exhaust on the car at all because im waitng for the megan racing one to come in the mail .

and i really want to make my carr faster so i can beat some of my friends in a race.

btw my car is AUTOMATIC
if you wanna beat your friends in a race i suggest challenging them to a foot race... cuz.. unless u put in the time, money, and knowledge, you will not beat anything.

modding cars is more than just throwing stuff onto your car. Theres an art and science to it.

my recommendation is that you give up on the "fast" idea and hop onto the "slammed" idea... besides.. how fast do you really wanna go?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i made a 170whp 168wtq w/ just a cold air intake, alphawerks header, and megan catback exhaust.

but.....thats as powerful as its gona get n/a.......

so i said F*&# it and went turbo....its the only path to take when making power w/ the tC
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh so really those mods wont do much except for noise. i saw an automatic supercharged tc dyno at 154whp i was all excited cause my car made more power.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 PM

well i wanna at least get 13 or 14 quarter miles . if i could at least 12. plus theres this stick shift saturn ion redline. stock supercharger. i raced him and i won the first time bcz hes not that good at stick but now hes better and he said he ran a quater mile aat 13.6 and 0 to 60 at 5 seconds i dont belive him his car is stock
Old 01-14-2009, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

buddy their is no way your gonna get those kind of 1/4 mile times out of just an intake and exhaust. The only way i see this happening is if you go turbo you might hit high 14's.

I have driven redlines and have a hard time thinking that you beat him in an auto tc, unless he was not racing you.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

please research!!! read through forums on what Headers, Intakes, and Exhausts do. Decide what your willing to spend Because after you get those three things you wont be goign much faster than you are right now.

I'd say slowly upgrade and add things as you go instead of just throwing everything on at once.
This way you learn about your car and car parts in general.

If your looking to go faster than that ion. Your going to need to spend around 3-5 thousand on a turbo. plus installation.

Start your research and learn as much as you can before you go on a spending spree. Then start going out to buy parts. And people will help you along the way if you ask the right questions.

The more you know, the more people will be willing to help you.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by crazyedie19
buddy their is no way your gonna get those kind of 1/4 mile times out of just an intake and exhaust. The only way i see this happening is if you go turbo you might hit high 14's.

I have driven redlines and have a hard time thinking that you beat him in an auto tc, unless he was not racing you.
i beat it bcz he just got it and wasnt very good at stick at all
Old 01-14-2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by tlk90
please research!!! read through forums on what Headers, Intakes, and Exhausts do. Decide what your willing to spend Because after you get those three things you wont be goign much faster than you are right now.

I'd say slowly upgrade and add things as you go instead of just throwing everything on at once.
This way you learn about your car and car parts in general.

If your looking to go faster than that ion. Your going to need to spend around 3-5 thousand on a turbo. plus installation.

Start your research and learn as much as you can before you go on a spending spree. Then start going out to buy parts. And people will help you along the way if you ask the right questions.

The more you know, the more people will be willing to help you.

well i i know a lot im just asking the wrong type of questions.

if i throw a turbo on there...
first off my car is auto and the torque converter would die and how come i have to spend 3 to 5 g just so i can beat that ion .....
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who cares about straights....
get suspension mods and LEARN TO BE A BETTER DRIVER. GOTO THE TRACK OR HIT UP SOME TOUGE
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Add stickers on your car!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ ^^
Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 PM