Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

2005 Scion tC new TSB - A/C not blowing cold air.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2005 Scion tC new TSB - A/C not blowing cold air.

Here you go guys, courtesy of sciontc_mich:

Old 06-27-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So today i had this same issue, it felt like it was blowing warm air, but is that a real problem?

I mean i thought all cars had this issue on really hot days..or more like really humid days.

or am i wrong and should take my tc in for a check?
And if i do, do i show them this tsb?

thanks
Old 06-27-2005, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Do you know if this TSB applies for the 2006 TC?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:56 AM
Emo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am SOOOO gonna print out those 2 pages and go to my dealer.. I seem to have this problem... about 10-15 min after I turn on my A/C on FULL I start getting some cold air.. so yeah..

Thanks a lot for the TSB!

-Emo
Old 06-27-2005, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i know that the A/C isnt too powerful .. but .. if ya put on the RECIRC button (i know .. people prolly know about this anyways) .. it cools down quicker .. works for me.. if it gets any worse .. ill take it in .. also .. tip (i know prolly someone thought of this too) .. use the recirc to get the humidity out of yer car ..
Old 06-27-2005, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i used to have a pontiac sunfire and in 120 degree heat in KS it pumped out ice cold air in about 2 minutes and had the cabin chilled in about 3. worked the same every time for 8 years. my tc doesn't get cold unless i have it recirculate the interior air. even on 80 degree days.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so they are going to add more air cooling liquid stuff is that correct? no other changes? My air conditioner is horrible after i get out of school and down it houston it is getting very hot lately!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, add more freon
Old 06-27-2005, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member

I must be lucky I was driving in the desert this weekend 100+ temp and my A/C work great. It only took a few minutes to cool the car and then I would have to turn it down. Maybe it works better in the dry desert heat and not in humid heat.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey duckie.. take a look at the TSB.. i bet your VIN # is above the affected lot of production.. that's why yours is working right :D
Old 06-27-2005, 08:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I took my car in for a couple of problems including this one. I got the car back and it feels the same and it doesnt seem like they fixed the sunroof rattle too. What a crappy dealership...
Old 06-27-2005, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that man. Try taking it to a different dealer.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
hey duckie.. take a look at the TSB.. i bet your VIN # is above the affected lot of production.. that's why yours is working right :D
So it's anything below that VIN#??
Old 06-27-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Its not recommended to go in asking for a particular tsb to be performed. If you do, they will perform the tsb and NOTHING else. So if you have a different problem (the sunroof can have multiple problems it seems for example) then they are not even looking at it because you specified the tsb. Take it in, describe the issue and let them decide if it is the tsb or not. If they come back saying they dont know what the problem is, THEN mention that there is a tsb out on it (which they should already know.. but dont sometimes for some reason).
Old 06-27-2005, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I printed out the paper..i am going to let them know what my car does..which is exactly the "Slow Cool Down" problem. I will tell them what's going on then show them the paper. I will let them decide from there. I have an appt tomorrow at 9am with Toyota, to get the a/c checked out...my stupid moving drivers vent checked, and my holey floor mat replaced, and now looks like my moon roof checked out I opened it this morning on "Tilt" and it sounded like it was gonna fall off! so i am going to have that checked out too
Old 06-27-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by idriveatC
I took my car in for a couple of problems including this one. I got the car back and it feels the same and it doesnt seem like they fixed the sunroof rattle too. What a crappy dealership...
Don't feel too bad, I had the same thing happen. I took my car in for poor AC, rattling sunroof, rattling hatch, Rattling passenger window and a creaking dash. All that trouble of taking it to the dealer and having to find rides everywhere and they fixed nothing. They said "nothing unusual was found". Needless to say, I will be taking it to another dealers....very soon because this 90 degree heat is killing me. I have a 20 minute drive home everyday and even by the time I get home, the car is still not even cool, I sweat all the way home.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scoobyroo2002
I printed out the paper..i am going to let them know what my car does..which is exactly the "Slow Cool Down" problem. I will tell them what's going on then show them the paper. I will let them decide from there. I have an appt tomorrow at 9am with Toyota, to get the a/c checked out...my stupid moving drivers vent checked, and my holey floor mat replaced, and now looks like my moon roof checked out I opened it this morning on "Tilt" and it sounded like it was gonna fall off! so i am going to have that checked out too
Is your sunroof problem in "tilt" sound like a metal rattle coming from the passengers side? Just wondering because mine too sounds like its going to fall off when I tilt it. Its different from the popping and creaking that I have had before. Of course, if you read my previous post you will find that they told me nothing was wrong when I took it in.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cripplerScion
Is your sunroof problem in "tilt" sound like a metal rattle coming from the passengers side? Just wondering because mine too sounds like its going to fall off when I tilt it. Its different from the popping and creaking that I have had before. Of course, if you read my previous post you will find that they told me nothing was wrong when I took it in.
Dunno it sounds like all of the above HA! today it was the first time it was that bad. I was like WHAT THE HELL! so i closed it! I am going to mention it to them tomorrow when i take it in for my other things!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
So it's anything below that VIN#??
yeah it's anything below that VIN number on the tsb.. since they made the change in production at that number.. so they added more refridgerant at that production change..

and yeah I agree to tell them the problem but to also have this info with you in case they say nothing exists.. it's just good to be prepared..
Old 06-27-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cripplerScion
Dunno it sounds like all of the above HA! today it was the first time it was that bad. I was like WHAT THE HELL! so i closed it! I am going to mention it to them tomorrow when i take it in for my other things!
I heard this the other day as well.. if the sunroof is open all the way no noise/no rattle.. but tilting it's there.. i figured out it was the arms that lift up the wind deflector.. and when they are not lifted all the way and the weight of the sunroof isn't on them, they "bounce" and rattle.. not sure the fix, maybe some sort of felt? chances are the track needs to be re-designed.. didn't someone say it was?

it's been so hot all i could think about was keeping the windows shut, not even opening the sunroof and keeping the a/c on! hence the tsb i went looking for

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Scion tC new TSB - A/C not blowing cold air.