Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Looing to Update. Any rumors on 2013 models?...

Old 06-29-2012, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Looing to Update. Any rumors on 2013 models?...

So do these cars come out every October or so? I remember the night I took my 2006 out for delivery on October 2005 fresh off a truck.
I am looking to do an upgrade (hopefully i get a fair trade-in.) My lot says they can get me a manual transmission. But I'd hate to buy a car when a new model is coming out in 4 months or so.

Like people who buy an iPhone not knowing that a brand new one will be out soon after

I just want to be in the know. And rumors to any tweaks that may come with it. Scion seems to be the only Toyota that does not come with a touch screen inside. (I guess it is a cheap car tho). I'd so rather pay for a tC than a Civic even with all the bells and whistles. But an Si with a 2.4L I'd drive
Thanks fellas.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:33 PM

Scion has updated their website, but I don't see any changes at all besides the price. From what I hear the CD player is different. And this could possibly be the year of the Release Series 8.0. Word on the street is that it's going to some type of red, so as far as rumors go, that's all I have.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Google bespoke premium radio
That's the change:
Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM

The Bespoke Premium Audio System cost an extra $845. So if he's looking to buy it stock without any extra customization I think it's the same Pioneer Bluetooth Audio system that came with the 2012 model. But I do like some of the new accessories they offer now. For instance the TRD alloy wheels.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:08 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA

Like people who buy an iPhone not knowing that a brand new one will be out soon after
Happend to me lol
Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do want that upgraded head unit. I'd pay extra for it. But if it however is not included i'll buy it off TRD Sparks. I'm buying this one pretty stock and equip it myself. I've developed a ton of DIY skills thanks to my easy to work on tC and this forum.
I may take a drive to killeen and look at one in person, the dealer already said they have no manuals instock, but i want to sit inside one. I only sat inside one time.
The first time I saw the outside I was like 'neato'. Then I saw it again and I hated it. Then saw one on the street and liked it enough.

An SI or Hundai Gen Coupe were my only other possibilities. This will be my last 2-door car though. Need to plan for kiddos one of these days.

I will do side-research to see if any of my current mods will work with the tC2.

PS If there is a MOD can he/she please correct my typo in my title.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang it my search is not working. Its such a noob question too.
Will my TC1 CAI fit on the TC2? They look closely the same. What about some modifications?
Old 06-30-2012, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA
I do want that upgraded head unit. I'd pay extra for it. But if it however is not included i'll buy it off TRD Sparks. I'm buying this one pretty stock and equip it myself. I've developed a ton of DIY skills thanks to my easy to work on tC and this forum.
I may take a drive to killeen and look at one in person, the dealer already said they have no manuals instock, but i want to sit inside one. I only sat inside one time.
The first time I saw the outside I was like 'neato'. Then I saw it again and I hated it. Then saw one on the street and liked it enough.

An SI or Hundai Gen Coupe were my only other possibilities. This will be my last 2-door car though. Need to plan for kiddos one of these days.

I will do side-research to see if any of my current mods will work with the tC2.

PS If there is a MOD can he/she please correct my typo in my title.
Hey man, I'm stationed at Hood, so maybe you can come take a look at mine tonight at the little car meet thing at Hastings around 9ish.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:24 AM

the 2013 tc looks to be up on the website as I can't see anything other then the price going up.
http://www.scion.com/cars/tC/
Old 06-30-2012, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noskatehate22
Hey man, I'm stationed at Hood, so maybe you can come take a look at mine tonight at the little car meet thing at Hastings around 9ish.
Hey thanks partner, I didnt read the posts last night otherwise I probably could have went.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So some 2013's are starting to roll out? I'm supposed to test drive one after seeing 2013 models on some Scion dealer websites. Seems a bit early for a 2013 to come out. I'll post the results if the sales person still wants to meet me today.