Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

AquaTune hydrogen injection, deal or scam?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:39 AM

Default AquaTune hydrogen injection, deal or scam?

Apparently this device seperates hydrogen from water thats stored in your car. Supposedly it increases hourses, torque, mpg, and does some other good stuff to like gets rid of carbon. What do you think?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haven't heard too much about it but thats classified under whats called "Alternative Fuels." For years companies have been researching different methods of powering cars on various environmentally sound and cost effective fuels or technology. Hydrogen power was one of those more "viable" methods. The good thing about it is that it burns clean. Its "waste" product is water which would be recyclable into more hydrogen. You can expect oil and gas companies to want to keep a lid on these types of technologies though. Heaven forbid anyone would try to ruin their streak of record high profits.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Hrmmm... Got a link?
Old 07-15-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ x2
Old 07-15-2007, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Is it that thing that was on Mythbusters?
Old 07-15-2007, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha, i saw that! it was amazing...

not!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

lmao...
Old 07-15-2007, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.aquatune.com/index.asp

lol according to their website it sounds like a miracle mod. More horsepower, more torque, cleans the engine to near new state, better gas mileage, environmentally clean.

Im sure this can fit in with those electrical turbo's and superchargers.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its basically steam cleaning the interior of your engine. haha, seriously. Its been said that adding tiny amounts of water (if you were to spray a fine mist into the intake) to the incoming fuel mixture can help clean cylinders, valves, etc...

im not saying you should do this. But it sounds like this is what this little slice of heaven is doing...
Old 07-15-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So who wants to be the guinea pig?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for $500 bucks, im guessing no one!
Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can water your parents flower boxes..for 500bucks it may grow those babies over the house.....and its purple
Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 PM

No actually its a different form of hydrogen fuel than the one on mythbusters... the one on mythbusters was inefficient and didnt run with gasoline. I figured it might be worth while so i posted it here. I'm also not sure if they can be installed on the tC but its a cool concept, it should work on any car but i dont know how it would hook up. If any one try's it i want to see pictures! a dyno would be cool too but that can be costly.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder how you would tune that. Constantly adding in another additive would need to be tuned im guessing.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:00 AM

well you can tune your motor but it runs fine without tuning and i found out it can go on the tC all they need is motor size and number of cylinders. it works with turbo's and super chargers also its not only hydrogen its hydrogen oxygen and water... so this is a good system im going to get one when i can afford it.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

A teacher of mine named Dr. John........yes that was his real name........was a research scientist at the University of San Diego.........this was like 1988.......he developed an exhaust system that worked with existing petroleum product engines..........gas and deisel,it replaced the Cat completely witha set of diferant alloy screen filters that chemically alter the molecules to run nothing but straight H2O out the tail pipe..........it was good sound chemisty and science..................the big wigs at GM took him to courtand won so he was not allowed to get a Patent on his invention...........then GM turned around and introduced a new cat that turned out less harmfull emissions and more H2O emissions.........resulting in the new cats we see today on all cars with the drip of water coming out.........truth be known........they can make cars nearly emissions free..........but there is no money to be made there to do it...........so they do not bother............until government says do it they will not.............but they sure used his invention to their useage.........at least in one form or another...........it was just simply chemistryon how to adapt molicules to make differant ones..........
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 AM

Yea we could be using nuclear energy but thats well.. unstable for now but any ways i think with this unit you could get rid of all your cats and still pass emissions. good for cali hehe
Old 07-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Is any one else tempted to get this?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Burning hydrogen in an internal combustion engine will "wash" the cylinder walls and burn the lubricating oil every combustion cycle (hydrogen bonds very well with oil which is a hydrocarbon).Also hydrogen gas is so thin alot of gas would pass the compression rings and enter the oil pan prior to combustion(bonding with that oil as well changing it's characteristics).
The Garrett carburator was developed in the '40 and used "water electrolysis", since then the technique has been studied closer and there is alot of info on the internet. Pros and cons the science shows hydrogen has problems with internal combustion.
I like the EPA's little known approach to hybrid technology. The system, if added to a FWD auto, doubles MPG boosts acceleration and cuts brake wear 70%. Here is the link and EATON corp is manufacturing the components.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/technology/420f04024.pdf

UPS has a fleet of their big brown trucks with this system installed and are looking to saving thousands of dollars in vehicle costs per truck.
EPA estimated $600 added to manufacturing costs per automobile.
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/technology/r...velopments.htm
Old 07-17-2007, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/1802932.html

WATER INJECTION
This technology was developed during World War II to provide emergency sprint power for turbosupercharged fighter planes. At altitude, there is less air for cooling engines. The turbos, however, cram air into the inlet at manifold pressures nearly the same as those at sea level. The compressed intake air, heated as it goes through the turbos, makes the engine even hotter. Spraying water, or a water-alcohol mixture, directly into the intake lowers the combustion-chamber temperatures. This permits substantially more power for brief periods. Several manufacturers have attempted to apply this technology to automotive use. We ordered an AquaTune from a classified ad in the back pages of PM. "AquaTune is like no other water injection system in that it is, in actuality, a fuel cell hydrogen processor. It produces hydrogen-rich bubbles before being introduced into the engine draft." An "ultra-sonic barometric pressure chamber giving off ultra-sonic frequencies" apparently splits water molecules to create hydrogen bubbles. Anyone who can explain that, please call me--I'd like to make some hydrogen ultrasonically from water and solve the energy crisis while simultaneously eliminating global warming.

It was relatively easy to install the AquaTune, although we did need a few feet of our own vacuum line. (What do you want for $399?) Unlike the pump-fed water-injection systems on P-38 fighters, the AquaTune relies on intake manifold vacuum to pull distilled water from a plastic bottle and into the manifold. So, at periods of wide-open throttle, virtually no water should enter the engine.

THE DYNO SAYS: With the AquaTune adjusted according to the instructions, the test truck gave us 20 fewer horsepower and about a 20 percent poorer fuel economy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AquaTune hydrogen injection, deal or scam?