Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

The Big 3 Upgrade?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default The Big 3 Upgrade?

Before I talk about what I really wanna talk about, lemme first say that imo, there should be an "all vehicles forum" and not just a "all other vehicles" forum, 'cause The Big 3 Upgrade definitely benefits all vehicles, I'm just posting here because I own a tC. Also, there should be a "crossover category" forum in for each vehicle forum, e.g.. The Big 3 Upgrade helps with both ICE and drivetrain (better power for sound system and a smoother running engine). Maybe it's fine for crossover topics to be posted in the vehicle's general forum, like I'm doing now? So anyway...

I wonder... why stop at "The Big 3"? I wonder if, and how much, it would benefit if ALL electrical wiring under the hood was upgraded to 4 gauge, or at least the biggest wire size that would fit for each replaced wire, even it it's only one size bigger. Of course, The Big 3, being The Big 3, would be replaced with even bigger wire, maybe 1/0 gauge. Oh yeah, and I would include that nifty ground upgrade along with the wire upgrades

Prolly would be expensive as hell tho, huh? Not to mention whole-day consuming work, ahahaha, I can already imagine the sweating...
Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

bump... i guess The Big 3 doesn't really help engine-wise?? since this topic was moved?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eh, most cars are already built to get the best fuel efficiency vs. performance vs. comfort possible out of the car when it is in stock form. If toyota thought upping the wire one gauge would increase hp and mpg, they would have.

Upping the wire would most likely only benefit those that have aftermarket goods that are straining the stock system. Ex. Amps, tons of lighting, or an aftermarket ignition system.