Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Scion tC Blower Motor (Fan) Location on car??

Old 01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion tC Blower Motor (Fan) Location on car??

OK, here's my situation..I took the car in today to get the TSB on the deflector done. What they found is that when my fan is on High, it makes a thumping noise..I always found that strange ever since I got the car.
Now the dealership is saying that, mices might have crawled into the opening of it and create a nest in there, causing the blower fan to hit the debris.

Now where is the blowerfan location, I'm gonna pickup the car tonight and tear it apart to see if there's anything in there, or if there is something else wrong with the part.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated.

_______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-14-2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 01-17-2006, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm, i'm thinking it might be behind the glove compartment, there somewhere..we'll see what it turns out to be..
Old 01-17-2006, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just have the dealer do warranty work. if that's not a normal sound, they should be helping you out.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the dealer is not saying that they'll look into it at all, they want 99 dallors to open it up, and are saying that rodents have gotten into it, thats it, nothing more..

I dont know, when it comes to sales the dealership is great, but when it comes to service, they suck...so i'm just gonna open it up myself tonight or this weekend and see whats up. If after i check it out and it's still vibrating like crazy, I guess I'll just goto another dealership..Or i'll just buy the part and fix it myself. it shouldnt be too hard to fix..
Old 01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your blower assembly is behind the 'glove box' and direcctly below the little filter drawer there. If you pull out the filter drawer and have a small inspection mirror (a mirror-on-a-stick like a dentist uses ) you should be able to look down into the squirrel-cage assembly, to see if there is something in it that shouldn't be.

Don't drop anything into the blower, don't stick fingers/mirrors/whatever in there while the blower is running.

If you need to remove the blower assembly, it turns into a whole different ballgame - in order to get it out you will be fiddling with the ECU and the passenger airbag and parts of one of the air vents to get to it... If you don't have the Service Manuals don't EVEN try it...

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks tomas

any links to a service manual somewhere, i downloaded on my other computer a while back, but now it's dead..guess i'll just have to do it blind, never stopped me before..
Old 01-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well.........
Now that you mention it, Premium Members do get full time access to the on-line Repair Manuals for the xA, xB, and tC here at ScionLife...
:D
Old 01-24-2006, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i tried it, and it was the easiest thing there is to do...

all you have to do is take off the glove compartment, remove the plastic bottom part that sheilds the glove compartment and wala..the blower motor..to remove it all i had to do was unscrew 3 screws holding the blower motor in place.. on the botom of the unit...and the motor and cage drops right out...turns out it has a peice of insinlation in the blower motor..removed it with my fingers, and wala...it's fixed..took less then 10 mins from start to finish, and no money was exchanged...

Screwed the dealership and their overprice crap!!!, I'm doing all the fixing myself from now on..
Old 08-14-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by BubbaNoy
well, i tried it, and it was the easiest thing there is to do...

all you have to do is take off the glove compartment, remove the plastic bottom part that sheilds the glove compartment and wala..the blower motor..to remove it all i had to do was unscrew 3 screws holding the blower motor in place.. on the botom of the unit...and the motor and cage drops right out...turns out it has a peice of insinlation in the blower motor..removed it with my fingers, and wala...it's fixed..took less then 10 mins from start to finish, and no money was exchanged...

Screwed the dealership and their overprice crap!!!, I'm doing all the fixing myself from now on..

not sure how long u placed this post, but i could use some help, my ac is not blowing air either, but than again it's an 09 but got it in 08, i think it's time to replace it?? also, there is a funny smell coming from the ac? any ideas?