Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

A/C Compressor or ? (Ideas please)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:56 AM

Angry A/C Compressor or ? (Ideas please)

First off, let me state this, I would never EVER buy a Toyota product EVER again. This said, I have owned 3 Toyota's in my life but let me skip the b.s. and tell you about my current one!

I bought a '06 Scion Xa with approximately 1500 miles on it! Almost brand new. I bought it because supposedly it was under warranty, even knowing it had a replaced compressor at 731 miles! Yes, now I look back, not the best decision I could have made. I figured it was under warranty until 36k, so why not save about $2,000.

This is why. I bought the car 3 hours away from home, and when I got home I was still having intermittent A/C problems. The A/C would cool, then blow warm.

Fast forward, after many calls to Scion Corporate all along the way, (I drive a ton of miles, and live in Florida, where A/C is not an option), anyways, I kept taking the vehicle in, the first time, they said it was blowing in the range of cool. This was because I took it in at 7am and the car would seem like it's blowing cold A/C if it was cold outside.

I took this vehicle into my local Toyota dealer many times. According to Scion Corporate (aka Liars, A--holes, B.Sers), they told me not to worry that Toyota guarantees its work, and there is a lifetime warranty on the work performed at the dealership. What a #$%#%$ing lie I tell you!

After a lot of nasty phone calls, Scion corporate offered to pay 50% of the repair costs for a new A/C compressor.

This would be compressor #3 in my car! Like I said, I drive a lot of miles, but the A/C has not been working even 50% of the time in my car.

Finally, when the A/C stopped blowing cold completely, here were the symptoms:

I drive on the Interstate, get up to about 50 mph and warm air, it would stop blowing cold. Then I get off the interstate and come to a complete stop, it starts blowing ICE #$%#$%#ing cold again! Do you feel my frustration yet?

Now, nothing, I took it to my mechanic and he said new A/C compressor is needed. I just want to make sure this is the right part to change. I know there are no guarantee's but wanted to run it by the Scion guru's before I say Scionara to the brand.

Sorry for bashing Toyota, but prior to my engine sludged 98 Camry, I thought highly of the company, now, I think they have gotten to big for their britches and their service compares to American brands.

All I want to say is NEVER purchase Toyota, Scion, Lexus (well maybe a free LFA I wouldn't turn down, but I would consider dropping it from a crane to make a strong point.)

The bottom line I have discovered. If you don't purchase a new toyota from a dealer who can continuously bend you over and rape you, then they do not want you as a customer. Instead of buyatoyota.com, I think someone should start keyatoyota.com, so we can riot against Toyota in a non-violent fashion! At this point, I am ready for WAR with Toyota! Who's coming with me?

And please do not give any credit to Toyota Mechanics. I had a plastic piece fly out of my A/C, there was no cabin air filter installed when I got the vehicle back from "Central Florida Toyota".

Let me repeat this for the search engines to rank properly!

Seriously, watch out for all Toyota Dealers, but these 2 in particular!

Central Florida Toyota bad service, scam, rip-off, rip off.
Autoway St. Petersburg Toyota, scam, rip-off, rip off.

Really, the blame goes to them and Autoway, a Toyota dealer in St. Petersburg who replaced the A/C Compressor at 731 miles.

If anyone has any ideas on how to help me destroy Toyota legally, I am willing to dedicate all the time necessary to make this a reality, that is how I feel about this company.

You want enemies Toyota, you found one, hopefully more!

Anyone want to have some fun on Facebook? I am going to start a new social experiment with "Toyota's Reputation" being the heart of what I want to destroy!

Thanks for lending your ear, and sorry for the negativity! Go Orlando Magic! :D
Old 05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
SL Member

central florida toyota and toyota of orlando are notorious for service....

believe me, ive had many calls with Michael Kennedy about both dealerships.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI, Scions don't come with the cabin air filter from the factory. So unless you added on which is now missing it is normal for the slot for it to be empty.

I am not a mechanic, but that doesn't sound like a compressor issue. What it most sounds like is that something is maladjusted or otherwise broken in the heater assembly under the dash and under highway speeds air is being forced through the heater core and into the car causing warm air to come out of the vents.

I would have someone check the operation of the cable for the temp control ****. If the cable is incorrectly installed or has somehow gotten bent it won't completely close the door for the heater core. The a/c will be able to overcome the hot air leak at low speeds, but on the highway enough air will be pushed through to overwhelm the a/c and give you insufficiently cool air. A garage should be able to pull the heater controls out of the dash and disconnect this cable from the controls. Then they can push or pull on the cable and see if the door sounds like it is shutting fully. Lastly they can take a drive on the highway with the cable still disconnected and try messing with it while at highway speeds. If pushing or pulling hard enough on the cable fixes the problem, the cable needs to be replaced (and possibly the heater controls).
Old 05-05-2010, 03:56 PM

Why I would be happy to bash Toyota of Orlando and David Maus Toyota as well!

Please dismiss this next statement, it is meant for google!
Toyota of Orlando ripoff scam con artist and not to mention "complete bastards!!" oh wait, I am talking about David Maus Toyota.

David Maus Toyota ripoff scam con artist and not to mention "complete bastards!!" as well.

Ok, here's my story about Toyota of Orlando.

I went in there just to get an appointment to bring my car in, so I am an A$$hole who parked in the oil change lane, because their current facilities are the size of a shoe box. You know what these fools had the ***** to do, they blocked in my vehicle so I couldn't leave. I was just sitting there laughing.

Yes, my experiences just compounded and get worse and worse.

David Maus Toyota, 10 minutes from my house. When I originally bought my car and took it in there, they WOULD NOT EVEN SERVICE ME! I ONLY HAD 1500 MILES ON THE VEHICLE, IT WAS STILL UNDER WARRANTY, AND THEY TOLD ME TO CALL SCION CORPORATE.

SCION CORPORATE, A GUY NAMED SEAN SAID THEY WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT. THE FUNNY THING, TOYOTA GAVE THIS DEALERSHIP THE PRESIDENT'S CIRCLE OR SOME B.S. FOR OFFERING THE BEST SERVICE! HAHA!!!

Toyota see your A$$ in H3LL mother&%*ers, click, boom, boom, SEE YOUR A$$ IN H3LL!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM

FYI, Scions don't come with the cabin air filter from the factory. So unless you added on which is now missing it is normal for the slot for it to be empty.
Good to know! Okay, so now my issue is only they left me with a lemon they wouldn't fix! Lol!

I am just trying to figure out how someone can have a bad experience at 4 local dealerships. I am happy to hear someone else had issues too, because I thought it was just me.

Ok, so here's the list of which Dealers I hate in which order, with 1st being the Worst!

1.) David Maus Toyota
2.) Toyota of Orlando
3.) Central Florida Toyota
4.) Autoway in St. Petersburg

Watch out for David Maus!!! Anyone who has seen his phony bs commercials knows this guy is a total mushroom cap! ha

I am not a mechanic, but that doesn't sound like a compressor issue. What it most sounds like is that something is maladjusted or otherwise broken in the heater assembly under the dash and under highway speeds air is being forced through the heater core and into the car causing warm air to come out of the vents.
The compressor doesn't click on when I had a friend look at it, so it could be multiple issues, the 1 Toyota never fixed since my vehicle was new, and the compressor which is now not functional. Or it just needs a 3rd A/C compressor on my vehicle.

I would have someone check the operation of the cable for the temp control ****. If the cable is incorrectly installed or has somehow gotten bent it won't completely close the door for the heater core. The a/c will be able to overcome the hot air leak at low speeds, but on the highway enough air will be pushed through to overwhelm the a/c and give you insufficiently cool air. A garage should be able to pull the heater controls out of the dash and disconnect this cable from the controls. Then they can push or pull on the cable and see if the door sounds like it is shutting fully. Lastly they can take a drive on the highway with the cable still disconnected and try messing with it while at highway speeds. If pushing or pulling hard enough on the cable fixes the problem, the cable needs to be replaced (and possibly the heater controls).
I like the idea that it could be something other than the A/C compressor, I also did check the fuse box and the 7.5a is in tact. The reason I don't think it is the temp. controls is because in a cool morning, it will blow cool air (the temperature of outside air inside the engine), so the more I drive it the warmer it gets, unless it is 90 degrees and my car is parked outside for a few hours, then it will be hot air right away.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:15 PM
SL Member

toyota of orlando screwed up my engine. i had the optional AEM cold air, that they illegally modified and cut it, and used electrical tape to "mask off" the cut from whatever chop saw they used.

long story short, the electrical tape melted and got sucked into the engine, ruining some sensors along the way....

i called the regional manager for scion (Michael Kennedy) who helped me out, and he took record of my experience.

my parents got a 2009 Corolla and a 2008 Yaris from Phillips Toyota in Leesburg, and theyve been good so far...

if anything, in all of central florida, we havent got a reliable dealership at all...
Old 05-05-2010, 09:44 PM

Yeah, I got my oil changed at a quite a few Toyota dealers in Florida, and so far, I have found the smaller the are, the better they treat you, but they have higher prices.