Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Clutch Engagement Adjustment

Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clutch Engagement Adjustment

Is there anyway to adjust the engagement? I jsut installed a 6 puck Comp Clutch and it Pulls out right off the floor and doesnt disengage until I push it completly to the floor. Is there a way to adjust the pedal for a better pull that is closer to the middle of the clutch pedal travel?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

I have driven other cars with heavy clutches and all of them have been like that. To my knowledge I dont think there is a way to adjust it.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm having the same problem. Ive change the master, replaced the rubber line to a hard line, bled the ____ out of it, adjusted the pedal all the way up top, added a longer rod on the slave, I'm all out of ideas. It sucks because I can't go through the gears quickly, it grinds the gears. Please some one HELP!!!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the ACT 6puck with their most aggressive pressure plate.....
Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as I know, there is no adjustment for the clutch pedal.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05rs1
I'm having the same problem. Ive change the master, replaced the rubber line to a hard line, bled the ____ out of it, adjusted the pedal all the way up top, added a longer rod on the slave, I'm all out of ideas. It sucks because I can't go through the gears quickly, it grinds the gears. Please some one HELP!!!!!

You say u did adjust the pedal so there is some adjustment on the floor or did you have to modify anything?
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres a adjustment u can make on the back of the pedal...just look behind it....
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it adjusts the height of the pedal...
Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member

i had the same problem... i cut the rod in half behind the clutch got a seprate rod and a longer nut and tied the 2 together and now my clutch disengages about halfway or higher
Old 11-27-2020, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vindiesel075
Is there anyway to adjust the engagement? I jsut installed a 6 puck Comp Clutch and it Pulls out right off the floor and doesnt disengage until I push it completly to the floor. Is there a way to adjust the pedal for a better pull that is closer to the middle of the clutch pedal travel?
Did you ever actually get a real answer or solve this issue? I just picked up a 2007 Psion TC, it just had its clutch replaced with a stage to clutch. What I notice is it engages about and 2 inches from the floor. When I am completely stopped, I have to jam it all the way into the floor as hard as I can just a shifted into first gear without it grinding. And even then sometimes are here are some grinding. It seems like it’s not fully engaging but I’m not having any sleeping when I’m driving. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-27-2020, 06:51 AM
SL Member

Did you ever actually get a real answer or solve this issue? I just picked up a 2007 Psion TC, it just had its clutch replaced with a stage to clutch. What I notice is it engages about and 2 inches from the floor. When I am completely stopped, I have to jam it all the way into the floor as hard as I can just a shifted into first gear without it grinding. And even then sometimes are here are some grinding. It seems like it’s not fully engaging but I’m not having any sleeping when I’m driving. Any help would be greatly appreciated
It seems like you mean that your clutch is not fully disengaging, instead of not fully engaging, as you mentioned. How a clutch works is that you push the clutch in to disengage the transmission from the engine, shift to the desired gear, then let the clutch out to re-engage the engine and transmission. So, this is the reason for your gears grinding as the clutch is not fully-disengaging.

Unlike older clutch systems that use a cable to adjust the clutch, ours uses a hydraulic system integrated with the brake reservoir. So, for higher stage clutches, the higher clamping force of the pressure plates causes the low disengagement and re-engagement of the clutch as more pressure is now required to compress the pressure plate fingers completely down. Sometimes this can be too much pressure for the hydraulic system, and it results in the low disengagement and re-engagement of the clutch, as I said before.

The clutch disengagement/engagement height could possibly get better once the clutch is broken in, assuming your clutch is not broken in yet. I would have someone press the clutch while you watch the slave rod move (look for weird/bad movement) or record it with a device if you can't get someone to press the clutch. You could also inspect the slave cylinder as well as the brake reservoir.