Ridge Run to Santa Cruz?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Ridge Run to Santa Cruz?

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a ridge run on Sunday in 2 weeks. Starting in Fremont meet up and crossing 84 to La Honda. Then we can run the ridge to Boulder City and down to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
I will put all the maps together if I get at least 5 other people that want to do this. I know times are tough but we can conserve money by packing our food from home then the only costs will be gas and parking in Santa Cruz. If we leave kinda early we will be home at around sun down or sooner. We will come back by way of 17 and 880 North.

I will see if we can bbq at Santa Cruz beach. If so I will bring the first 30 hotdogs. We can do potluck for the beach picnic? I am open to other ideas if you want to do something a little different.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by XBbarkeeper
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a ridge run on Sunday in 2 weeks. Starting in Fremont meet up and crossing 84 to La Honda. Then we can run the ridge to Boulder City and down to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
I will put all the maps together if I get at least 5 other people that want to do this. I know times are tough but we can conserve money by packing our food from home then the only costs will be gas and parking in Santa Cruz. If we leave kinda early we will be home at around sun down or sooner. We will come back by way of 17 and 880 North.

I will see if we can bbq at Santa Cruz beach. If so I will bring the first 30 hotdogs. We can do potluck for the beach picnic? I am open to other ideas if you want to do something a little different.
I am so down for this!

I think it might be better to do on a Saturday but none the less I will be there on Sunday to join in on the cruz. I will be coming from Sacramento CA.

Is this only website you have this posted on? I can post it up on the Scikotics forum & a few other Scion websites to see if we can get more members from about Nor*Cal to join in on this wicked idea!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I put it on the Scion Evolution siteas well. Saturday may be ok too it's just the sometimes other events are usually on Saturdays and I am hoping for a good turn out. Thanks. Are you a Scikotics member?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBbarkeeper
I put it on the Scion Evolution siteas well. Saturday may be ok too it's just the sometimes other events are usually on Saturdays and I am hoping for a good turn out. Thanks. Are you a Scikotics member?
I went ahead and posted this up on a few sites. I hope for a good response. I never been on a ridge run or any good cruz's in a while. I miss those times.

http://www.scikotics.com/forums/show...41#post2474841
http://www.club-tc.com/forums/northe...html#post40973
http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/99...ml#post1147435

I use to be apart of the Capital chapter a while back. I have access to post on the California section of their site. It looks like the Capital chapter is about dead kinda miss seeing how active it once was.

Last edited by nrgwar; 02-22-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Sorry to hear about the Capitol chapter. It seems really quiet in NorCal lately. I hope I can revive it a little. this spring and summer. Even if it is only us two we can still go. I will bring my good camera and take alot of pictures. There is a light house down by Santa Cruz that is great for pictures.