Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

When it comes to modding im lost.. Help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 AM

Default When it comes to modding im lost.. Help me out?

I've had my 2010 RS6 tC for a couple months now and the weather is starting to get nice, and I finally got my first job so I have some money rolling in. So now, im looking to do some upgrades on my engine, and im honestly lost. Ive been hearing a lot of people saying I should get a SRI or a CAI but I don't really know which is better? I've heard the CAI can get wet and mess up my engine and im scared of that.. But other than that I have zero ideas and I was wondering if y'all could throw a couple ideas my way
Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Boost it if you wanna go far. SRI, Exhaust, maybe headers if you wanna stay N/A. It all depends on your tastes and what you wanna get out of the ride.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're looking for power, a CAI or SRI wouldn't do much for this car. It's mostly just for the sound and maybe adds a few hp at the crank. Engine mods that could help more are lighter pulleys and of course turbo. CAI would give a deeper sound from the engine bay than an SRI I believe, but it does come with the possibility of sucking in water if where you live rains alot (driving through puddles etc.). I suggest some suspension mods first since the tC looks like an offroader stock. Good luck.

Last edited by 09MPtC; 04-25-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-28-2014, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a injen CAI so you dont have to deal with heat soak from the SRI,get a nice exhaust system,depending on your taste,get trd axle back which is lil louder then stock,but no power gains though,only for sound,if you wanna add a lil power get a full exhaust,some pulleys,maybe even get a light weight flywheel, or go boost,