Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

The "I AM GETTING / HAVE A NEW tC!!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread seems to be turning into the "grey hairs" club.....
Man, i thought i was a rarity posting on this site, and now us old guys are crawling out of the woodwork..must be free computer time day at the old folks home.
Of course the car is actually my wife's ( yes she enjoys the sc and other mods ), but i get to do all the posting.
These are great little rides, nice looking, fun to drive stock, & even more so with the mods available ( which seems to be an ever growing list out there ). Enjoy it, no matter what some cheesy honda luver says.
Only problem we have lately: when we got her car some months ago, rarely did you see one running around our area.... now they're like everywhere...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basstrack17
this thread seems to be turning into the "grey hairs" club.....
Man, i thought i was a rarity posting on this site, and now us old guys are crawling out of the woodwork..must be free computer time day at the old folks home.
Of course the car is actually my wife's ( yes she enjoys the sc and other mods ), but i get to do all the posting.
These are great little rides, nice looking, fun to drive stock, & even more so with the mods available ( which seems to be an ever growing list out there ). Enjoy it, no matter what some cheesy honda luver says.
Only problem we have lately: when we got her car some months ago, rarely did you see one running around our area.... now they're like everywhere...
Hey gramps, I think you forgot your Geritol®
Yeah, it's time to run these kids outta town...
While I'm in my cushy office drinking cappuccinos and listening to the stereo, the kids are all at Burger King working the drive-up window while we post here!

Scott
Old 02-02-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now this is funny...... my daughter is working drive thru at a local place as we speak....
and i'm about to park this aging carcas on the lazyboy and watch the big screen until nap time hits...
See kids, enjoy the youth while you got it..... it sure don't last long.... at least what I can remember of it...
tell you one thing, the TC with the sc installed does bring back some memories of the stock muscle car era ( many v8's ran 14's-15's in stock trim ). The TC not a racer as is, but ripping up the on ramp sure brings back that feeling from the 70's...
heck even stock the TC can put a smile on the face...
you new owners have fun with your cars...
Old 02-02-2006, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See kids, enjoy the youth while you got it..... it sure don't last long.... at least what I can remember of it...
So true, looking back it seems to have gone by in a blink.

Now stop bogarting that oxygen, pass it over here please!

Originally Posted by slboettcher
While I'm in my cushy office drinking cappuccinos and listening to the stereo, the kids are all at Burger King working the drive-up window while we post here!
LOL!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by nodsetse
So true, looking back it seems to have gone by in a blink.

Now stop bogarting that oxygen, pass it over here please!

That made my night!

Scott
Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member

Default At last...

Yes I finally got my Super White TC

Old 02-03-2006, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member

Nothing beats the Super White
Old 02-03-2006, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member

Bought my 2006 TC this morning in Flint Mica. It's at the dealership having all the extra goodies installed. They are the upgraded Stereo, Ground effect kit, pedestal spoiler, fog lights, sport steering wheel, Scion security, exhaust upgrade, short shift and Cold air intake. I will take photos as soon as I take delivery. I am so excited!!!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

jus got my bsp tC last week...it was either a tC or Rx-8. Most of u gonna say y u choose the tC, but after driving the Rx-8 for 2 weeks, i knew the car was gonna give me problems in the future. So i chose the more reliable tC. I shal post pics soon
Old 02-04-2006, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member

^^ i get my tC in march. so far i think im gonna go with the Flint mica but the BSP is also really nice. the one i want is 22,000 but the dealer is a douce ive been there twice so far once with my dad and yesterday by myself. i told him i wanted to see the one for 22 and he was like..why not look at these for 17,000 and 18,000 ....he was like..lets look at the ones in your dads price range..wtf i was like...i wanna look at this one, hahaha i guess im just a spoiled brat i know what i want. and i want that 22,000 dollar one. it has leather and i know my dad wants that so hopefully one like that one will be there in march. even if i dont get it anything is better then my 97 ford explorer V6
Old 02-04-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^^ Mine was 23k, and pretty much loaded.
Get the one you (and your dad) want!
The leather makes it a much nicer car.

Scott
Old 02-04-2006, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member

i talked to my dad today about the scion and theres only a few things we want that come extra from the base model. thats tinted windows, a lip spoiler, the cd with ipod capability, leather and i want a billet grill... i saw the billet grill on the bsp but how would it look on the flint mica? knowing the dealer ship ill have to get all this stuff after i buy the car. how long does it take to get parts and what not ? haha im such a newbie
Old 02-05-2006, 06:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got my new SW tC from Mark @ Camelback Scion on Friday.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member

I got lucky after my civic got stolen igot a tc i had been eyeballin' them since their debut researched for a while and got lucky at the dealership w/ them havin the flnt mca 5 spd man on the lot w/ a small deposit that bad boy was mine. crazy cuz w/ all the tc has to offer why would anybody by ant other car in the price range. and yes still stoked after a wk n 1/2good luck and congrats to all tc owners
Old 02-05-2006, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GRYGHST
I got lucky after my civic got stolen igot a tc i had been eyeballin' them since their debut researched for a while and got lucky at the dealership w/ them havin the flnt mca 5 spd man on the lot w/ a small deposit that bad boy was mine. crazy cuz w/ all the tc has to offer why would anybody by ant other car in the price range. and yes still stoked after a wk n 1/2good luck and congrats to all tc owners
werd
Old 02-06-2006, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TC

Hey all. I have a 2006 Azure Pearl Scion TC. Got it right before hurricane Katrina hit down here.

Current Mods Are Listed:
Greddy Evo II
Tein S-Tech
Injen CAI

Future (1month)
ZPI Stage 1

Here is my cardomain (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2167944) page but it hasn't been updated in forever. I need to post my time slips at No Problem Raceway down here in LA. 15.6 was best time with major traction issues.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member

Used to be a proud Celica GT owner, had and '02 with a few mods done to it. Decided to get me a '06 Nautical Blue tC last week. I love it so far, much better than my Celica IMO.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TC

Originally Posted by FireStorm
Hey all. I have a 2006 Azure Pearl Scion TC.
Nice color choice!
Congrats, and time to update your info from "future scion owner". :D

Originally Posted by SkyViper
I love it so far, much better than my Celica IMO.
Just curious, what about it do you like more than the Celica?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow...... You know how waiting sucks and every day is worse but then when you're almost there, this zenlike calm kind of decends........ ok maybe not... But here's to hoping I have pics to post tomorrow............

As much as I'm looking forward to my tC, I have a hard time imagining it will be better than my old Celica.... I miss my GT-S...
Old 02-08-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rinimeatballs
i talked to my dad today about the scion and theres only a few things we want that come extra from the base model. thats tinted windows, a lip spoiler, the cd with ipod capability, leather and i want a billet grill... i saw the billet grill on the bsp but how would it look on the flint mica? knowing the dealer ship ill have to get all this stuff after i buy the car. how long does it take to get parts and what not ? haha im such a newbie
might want to look around and see if you can get the windows tinted later for cheaper.... I know here in NC, state legal tint was 140 something in my 4 door sedan.... cheaper on a coupe.... lot better what scion charges.... and darker too depending on where you live...

Quick Reply: The "I AM GETTING / HAVE A NEW tC!!" Thread