Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Another slow build thread - 2011 WRX 5dr *new rear sway 06-09-13*

Old 04-13-2014, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard 2015 WRX doesn't offer the hatchback any longer? I like the front, but the rear doesn't look as pretty, but that's just me. Maybe I need to see it in person haha
Old 04-14-2014, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Nice to see some of you guys are autocrossing your cars!

I can't wait to take my 5.0 to the track and do some laps! (my Action cam is ready to go!)
Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 09MPtC
I heard 2015 WRX doesn't offer the hatchback any longer? I like the front, but the rear doesn't look as pretty, but that's just me. Maybe I need to see it in person haha

The whole car looks better in person. If you can't get past the looks at least take a look at the key improvements. Twin scroll turbo, better turbo location, better fuel economy, better transmission, equal length manifold (although that means bye bye rumble it's a lot more efficient), much better interior, better suspension and I believe it also has a vlsd, direct injection, and of course they finally decided to give the wrx the 5x114 bolt pattern so more wheel options if that's your thing.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
The whole car looks better in person. If you can't get past the looks at least take a look at the key improvements. Twin scroll turbo, better turbo location, better fuel economy, better transmission, equal length manifold (although that means bye bye rumble it's a lot more efficient), much better interior, better suspension and I believe it also has a vlsd, direct injection, and of course they finally decided to give the wrx the 5x114 bolt pattern so more wheel options if that's your thing.
Hmmm that all sounds good, but no more wrx rumble? i don't know man...i might just get a 2014 hatch :D the sound
Old 04-24-2014, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Nice to see some of you guys are autocrossing your cars!

I can't wait to take my 5.0 to the track and do some laps! (my Action cam is ready to go!)
Yeah, auto-x is addicting! Post some vids when you do. I'd be interested to see them. 5.0 'Stangs are tempting, they're such good value performance-wise for money.

I agree, I sat in one and looked it over. DGM color, was very impressive. I think everything's right except the VLSD. I'm pretty sure it's the same open-diff drivetrain. Not too bad though, I only have wheelspin issues when lifting a tire off the ground

Originally Posted by 09MPtC
Hmmm that all sounds good, but no more wrx rumble? i don't know man...i might just get a 2014 hatch :D the sound
The lag in the '14 and under WRX is very noticeable. The '15 will spool much much faster. The '15s handle much better in stock trim too. But yeah, offering a hatch would've been nice. I really like the rumble of my '13, but I think all the improvements are worth losing the rumble
Old 04-25-2014, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Another slow build thread - 2011 wrx 5dr *new pics pg8*

I'll try to get the link but they dyno'd the 15 STI (which has the same power/drive train carried over from the GR chassis) and the 15 wrx. The wrx made peak torque much quicker and had much smoother curves on the graph too. Naturally the STI made more power but the WRX seemed to do everything that much better.

Someone nasioc posted a video clip of the new car with an exhaust and it actually sounds pretty good IMO.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Should be picking up my 15 this week! Shooting for Thursday.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-23-2014, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So how are you liking it compared with your GR? The '15s are tempting...
Old 08-31-2014, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Another slow build thread - 2011 wrx 5dr *new pics pg8*

Personally I think it's leagues above the GR. Less body roll than the GR (even after a Cobb rear sway in the stiffest setting). Acceleration is smoother (twin scroll ftw), transmission is a lot nicer...lol I can go on..even though you lost the boxer rumble, you gains turbo whistle when you get up there in the rpms.

I also was able to get the limited this time with the nav, hk audio and push start. I have absolutely 0 regrets.
My GR was a great car but I can't say I miss it compared to this one. I was also kind of over the hatchback thing. It's nice being back in a sedan again.

I've actually been doing a lot of the driving lately. My fiancé even loves the car. Where we normally would take her forester because of comfort and economy, we now take my car a lot if the time. I also average about 23-27mpg a tank depending on how much freeway driving I do vs highway. Also the car interior is a lot nicer and doesn't feel nearly as clunky. The roof line isn't quite as high so I love a little it of head room but not nearly so much to make it uncomfortable. It's actually a lot roomier despite that.

So to sum it up it's amazing lol