Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...
View Poll Results: Which car would you buy?
Volkswagen GTI
0%
FRS/BRZ
0%
Subaru WRX
50.00%
Ford Mustang GT 5.0
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion on GTI, FR-S/BRZ, WRX, Mustang GT

Old 04-13-2014, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Opinion on GTI, FR-S/BRZ, WRX, Mustang GT

Wasn't sure if this is the right place for this, and I don't know how to make a poll so yeah ahah. I would like everyone's opinion on the GTI, FRS/BRZ, WRX and Mustang GT. Which one would you buy if you could? They're all around the same price range I believe, maybe the Mustang is a bit more expensive, but with packages on the FRS or BRZ Limited might close in on the price. I'm not buying a new car now, but just want some opinions for when I actively look.

I think each have their own unique strengths, which makes it hard to choose just one haha.

The GTI probably has the best interior and most practicality (carrying people and things). With the 2015 version, it's rumored to have no/close to zero torque steer and plenty of power/torque (210 hp /258 lb.ft).

The FRS on the other hand has RWD and with the BRZ Limited or FRS monogram you can get a pretty decent interior. It just lacks power especially the torque department , but I'd like to think that it'll be easier to tune/mod than a GTI?

WRX: 4WD, power and torque, handles great, sounds sexy but the new model is hideous.

Mustang GT 5.0: 420 hp? RWD. that V8 sounds the sexiest with an exhaust. Not the greatest interior, rear axle is not great for handling I heard, but more for reliable launches?

So which one would you choose? Fun factor, resale value, value for the money, pros, cons..etc. Looking forward to the replies!

-Michael
Old 04-13-2014, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah, I found out how to get a poll going! Looking forward to everyone's opinions!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Get a 2014 5.0 as they are just amazing...
You can do easy suspension mods and it will handle past your limits unless you are a professional road racer than obviously serious mods will be needed. A one single mod that will transform the rear end and will make it as close to IRS feel as possible in handling is a watts link.

If you REALLY want an IRS, the new 2015 generation will have IRS and completely look different and the new 2015 interior in my opinion is absolutely amazing and look like it was designed for European sports car. However, even in 2011-2014 interior is not that bad especially if you get a technology package. I am extremely happy with my 2011 5.0...

other cars you have listed are fine cars as well it just all depends what you want for your money. 5.0 is just more vehicle all around especially for the money.

That's my opinion.

Last edited by RusWolf; 04-14-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Get a 2014 5.0 as they are just amazing...
You can do easy suspension mods and it will handle past your limits unless you are a professional road racer than obviously serious mods will be needed. A one single mod that will transform the rear end and will make it as close to IRS feel as possible in handling is a watts link.

If you REALLY want an IRS, the new 2015 generation will have IRS and completely look different and the new 2015 interior in my opinion is absolutely amazing and look like it was designed for European sports car. However, even in 2011-2014 interior is not that bad especially if you get a technology package. I am extremely happy with my 2011 5.0...

other cars you have listed are fine cars as well it just all depends what you want for your money. 5.0 is just more vehicle all around especially for the money.

That's my opinion.
Ah, I see. Yeah, the rear axle is not a deal breaker for me, and I'm glad to hear it can be easily fixed for better handling. Fortunately, I'm not a professional race car driver so an easy mod would be enough for me. Oh yes, I've researched the 2015 Mustang as well and it hasn't grown on me looks wise yet. The interior and suspension might be an upgrade, but I don't really like what they did with the front fascia. The rear looks great, but I prefer the muscular lines of the 2011-2014. They also added more power I heard...but we shall see, and I agree that the 5.0 is probably the most car for the money!

Thanks for the post RusWolf! Awesome to hear it straight from an owner. It helped me a lot in thinking about these cars. So what have you done to your 5.0? I bet that V8 is intoxicating
Old 04-14-2014, 10:00 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should add the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST
Old 04-14-2014, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 09MPtC
Ah, I see. Yeah, the rear axle is not a deal breaker for me, and I'm glad to hear it can be easily fixed for better handling. Fortunately, I'm not a professional race car driver so an easy mod would be enough for me. Oh yes, I've researched the 2015 Mustang as well and it hasn't grown on me looks wise yet. The interior and suspension might be an upgrade, but I don't really like what they did with the front fascia. The rear looks great, but I prefer the muscular lines of the 2011-2014. They also added more power I heard...but we shall see, and I agree that the 5.0 is probably the most car for the money!

Thanks for the post RusWolf! Awesome to hear it straight from an owner. It helped me a lot in thinking about these cars. So what have you done to your 5.0? I bet that V8 is intoxicating
I don't have nearly as many mods as i had on my tc lol...

but so far i have paxton supercharger, boss intake manifold, stoptech ST-40 brake kit, true forged custom wheels, street scene front bumper, quad exhaust, custom gt500 rear valance for the exhaust, CF decklid panel, off-road H-pipe and i think that's about it...

Ohh yeah and i plastidipped it koi orange.

Last edited by RusWolf; 04-15-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jct
you should add the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST
hey jct, yeah, i looked at the focus st as well, but haven't really considered it. it is a great car though, and the fiesta i know nothing about. the fiesta should be good value since it's such a bargain tho. i don't know, if i was going FWD and fast hatchback, I would choose GTI over the focus ST even tho the latter has more HP. But if i was looking to budget better, an ST would be a great alternative. I just like the look and proven track record of the GTI more than the focus.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
I don't have nearly as many mods as i had on my tc lol...

but so far i have paxton supercharger, boss intake manifold, stoptech ST-40 brake kit, true forged custom wheels, street scene front bumper, quad exhaust, custom gt500 rear valance for the exhaust, CF decklid panel, off-road H-pipe and i think that's about it...

Ohh yeah and i plastidipped it koi orange.
haha yeah i remember seeing your tC in the classified sections. it was a really good build. 400+ whp or something? beastly. that's a good list of mods on the GT tho. boosted too, that cray haha. i heard with a tune and boss 302 intake manifold, you can get a higher redline? nice build so far. must be a fun car to drive.