Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Wes's Off-Road Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can dig it!!! Yeah, mad props for being different bro. I've never seen a tC like this one. I wanna see this ish in action!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 AM
SL Member

One of a kind... FOR SURE! Lol. Great work to build what YOU wanted/needed.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I truly commented with how I felt I would be banned. So that's my opinion.

Sent from somewhere using Something.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude I think this is awesome. Just because you're not hellaflush and all that fanboy sh*t - people are going to dislike it.

I think it looks bad a s s. Reminds me of a destruction durby car. I love how it's just ripped apart inside. Props for doing something different and fun. Even though FWD is probably going to suck off road, I can't wait to see some videos of it mudding.

Nice to see something different on these forums!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jasper Ash
...I love how it's just ripped apart inside...
x2
Old 07-17-2011, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Cool guy is cool.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:09 AM
SL Member

nice. creative!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a unique build, I'm not too sure how well FWD's do on offroading, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Keep going with the build.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im glad you got rid of the exhaust stack in the rear. Have you thought of a snorkel intake, or do you not cross any water? My suggestion would be to "beef it up" a bit. Take that how ever you want, I just think it needs to look meaner. Maybe bigger wheels/tires, more lights up front/on the roof. I also think it'd look better without the stock heads and tails. Just throw some round off road lights in place of the heads. Im sad you didn't stick with your previous plans of the diamond plate lip kit, but its your friggin car. I think all this effort wouldve been better spent on something awd, and looks wise I think this wouldve worked better on an xB1. Kudos for the ***** dude. Carry on.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are you lifted on?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is sickkk!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

after seeing this, it's going to be incredibly hard to tell un-lowered tC's that they're 4x4 status, because well...you actually are.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That car is pretty f'n cool. Yeah I get a mad max feel coming from it. Or death race. Either way I give you props for the work.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

thats right dude show them honda civic modders we can trash a car too!!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats right dude, show everybody how badass you are by listing your red painted calipers, overpriced intake/exhaust and totally awesome aftermarket antenna in your sig. Wow. Youve totally impressed me.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontC
thats right dude show them honda civic modders we can trash a car too!!
lol perfect comment for this
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

To be completely honest the car is kinda cool to a certain extent but I feel the intentions to build it are not completely pure. I feel like the reason why he does what he is doing is so he can tell anybody that gives him criticism for his car is, "U MAD" with this picture following after it.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice. i want to see some pictures of you off roading that.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by turd.ferguson
Thats right dude, show everybody how badass you are by listing your red painted calipers, overpriced intake/exhaust and totally awesome aftermarket antenna in your sig. Wow. Youve totally impressed me.
lulz! I bought all 3 of those used from forum members. I like to think 200 for both parts is not over priced. Cute comment though I guess.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow! Suddenly, support! Thanks for all the compliments (and constructive criticism) fellas. You guys are alright.

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
hmm, was this a salvage title you decided to transform? or was it a perfectly normal tc before this? other then the fact that the car will never be back to normal, i can appreciate what you were going for, in for vids tearing up the backroads!
I bought it used, with both bumpers cracked, monstrous key slashes down the sides and pretty badly bubbled-up paint all around--looked like the guy before me didn't know how to use a buffer. Apart from all that though, it was in pretty good condition.

Fact of the matter is, fate handed this car to me, and this is how it ended up. Had I come into any other vehicle... it would've ended up the same way!

Originally Posted by Jasper Ash
Dude I think this is awesome. Just because you're not hellaflush and all that fanboy sh*t - people are going to dislike it. I think it looks bad a s s. Reminds me of a destruction durby car. I love how it's just ripped apart inside. Props for doing something different and fun. Even though FWD is probably going to suck off road, I can't wait to see some videos of it mudding.
Thanks man. You would be VERY suprised how well FWD cars do off-road. Bear in mind this is not a rock-crawler or anything; it's being geared toward rallying. And FWD is absolutely acceptable for rally-type driving.

I dream of AWD though... perhaps when I have more cash and engineering skill under my belt.

Originally Posted by turd.ferguson
Im glad you got rid of the exhaust stack in the rear. Have you thought of a snorkel intake, or do you not cross any water? My suggestion would be to "beef it up" a bit. Take that how ever you want, I just think it needs to look meaner. Maybe bigger wheels/tires, more lights up front/on the roof. I also think it'd look better without the stock heads and tails. Just throw some round off road lights in place of the heads. Im sad you didn't stick with your previous plans of the diamond plate lip kit, but its your friggin car. I think all this effort wouldve been better spent on something awd, and looks wise I think this wouldve worked better on an xB1. Kudos for the ***** dude. Carry on.
I definitely agree it needs to look meaner; and this thing is by no means a finished product! I plan on replacing the glass roof with a hatch from a bus (like a tank), building a tube exoskeleton, and putting a nice line of rally lights up on the roof. Expect good things!

Originally Posted by Spoony
What are you lifted on?
Nothing yet! Unless you count the 2" lift from the massive tires. After going through two sets of springs I settled back on the stock suspension. This thing glides over whups, rocks, and sand no problem, so I have no reason to dump money on new shocks or springs at the moment.

I do plan on machining some kind of spacers to put between the shocks/struts and the frame, so as to get another inch or two of clearance. (The big tires rub a bit in the wheel wells when hitting big enough dips.)

Originally Posted by sciontC
lulz! I bought all 3 of those used from forum members. I like to think 200 for both parts is not over priced. Cute comment though I guess.
Ferguson wasn't commenting on how much you paid for them. He was highlighting the fact that you thought those things were worth 'bragging' about in your signature.

Quick Reply: Wes's Off-Road Scion tC