Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Calling all 2008 TC rs owners....need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 10:26 PM

Default Calling all 2008 TC rs owners....need help

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I have a beautiful silver/grey 2008 tc rs that I bought new and love.

I know this topic has been addressed by other posters, but I still don't have a clear answer.

In a nutshell, I took my car in for servicing at an independent body shop that I know and trust, however, when I got my car back, I noticed that when I lock my car from the outside using the keypad, it does not make any beep/chirp to let me know that the car is locked. I could be convincing myself of this, but, I am 99.9% sure that before I brought it in, it did.

As far as I know, I do not have an aftermarket system installed. I bought the car straight from the dealership (they did have to order it) and haven't had anyone touch it since.

When I click the lock button once, I hear the click of the locks, and when I hit it the second time, the side lights flash, but no beep/chirp noise. Again, I believe it used to do that.

The dealership is telling me I do not have a car alarm. However, I know for a fact that I've had to leave a store because my car alarm was going off and I had to click the keypad to turn it off.

Does anyone else's model have a beep/chirp on second lock that you did NOT have installed aftermarket?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lexi
Old 04-01-2014, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you bought this thing new back in 2008? I mean, they are correct. These cars do not come with an alarm. It is an add-on one must get if desired. If you did get an alarm, then it is a separate sheet of paper with all of its information on it that you would have gotten. Also, in your receipt, the alarm is mentioned as well. Take a look at your paperwork first. If you can't find it, go the dealership and ask to see your paperwork from them. Also, your panic button will work without a car alarm, so if you had to shut off your car alarm before (like when you remembered you did that once), that could be why, because you hit the panic button. Also, if you have an alarm, there will usually be a module installed by your left knee with a light on it and a button, or somewhere in the footwell. Check all of that first. Also, alarms can go bad and stop working. I bought mine brand new and it stopped working after 6 months, and I never bothered to get it replaced or fixed. They aren't very reliable on these cars especially since they use such a wide variety of vendors, not just one or two.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2008. My car does not have an alarm and my car does not beep when I lock it. Every once in a while I curse my neighbors when they let their alarms go off for too long only to realize I sat on the panic button on my key though.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Phobboi
2008. My car does not have an alarm and my car does not beep when I lock it. Every once in a while I curse my neighbors when they let their alarms go off for too long only to realize I sat on the panic button on my key though.
And please explain the reason behind this joke of a post by you. This has nothing to do with, nor helps the original post... [?]
Old 04-02-2014, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First generation Scion tC's, even with OEM Scion Security system, does NOT make ANY confirmation noises to confirm lock or unlock. Only the turn signals flash for confirmation. If you're close to the car, you can hear the noise of the doors locking or unlocking, but that is all.

Also, if one of the doors is ajar, the car will not flash to confirm that the doors are locked because one of the doors isn't shut.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Easy Drax. I had a Code Alarm from the dealer off the lot and mine sounded when lock was initiated.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And I had a 2005 Scion tC with Scion Security for 8 years. It doesn't have any audio confirmation when you lock or unlock it. I'm sure other aftermarket alarms have that option, but the Scion tC didn't.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahah?? What are you doing man. I just said mine did. And then you say again that no tC1 has an audio confirmation right after I said mine did... What's the deal?
Old 04-02-2014, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

IM BAAAAAACK!!!

Yeah kinda freaks me out since mine makes no noise I have to see it lock...
Old 04-02-2014, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you say you're going to buy an STi, and the next day you're gone for a month and a half!! Talk to me bro!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
So you say you're going to buy an STi, and the next day you're gone for a month and a half!! Talk to me bro!
Welp the Soobie fell through thanks to my ex-wiff and her Chapter 7... Military duty out the ying yang and my kiddo is arriving in 2 weeks so im preppin the house and everything for her... sisters wedding in a week and a half... my wedding in 3 months...

kissed a guardrail on Saturday with all the snow so my front left fender is dinged... yeah whole buch of fun up here man!

Didn't mean to "disappear"... just busy as F*#K
Old 04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you have a crazy ex, and you're about to make another one? You're one of those guys huh? Never learns? Hahaaha.

Sorry about all of that dude. I hope you have fun with your daughter. At least you don't have to make that huge as.s haul. Or are you making the drive?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you have a crazy ex, and you're about to make another one? You're one of those guys huh? Never learns? Hahaaha.

Sorry about all of that dude. I hope you have fun with your daughter. At least you don't have to make that huge as.s haul. Or are you making the drive?
Nope... no extra miles on the car this year! Actually the fiancé is flying out to get her!!

And yes I do learn... pick a bit more wisely... plus she's a FF with me in the same dept... so that helps having the same circle. more understanding and shes actually from here...

Whats new with you??
Old 04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It doesn't make a noise. If yours did, something else was done to the car.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...Scion+Security

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...ecurity&page=2

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...Scion+Security
Old 04-02-2014, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's good. I'm glad you got a good one. That travel arrangement however seems a bit awkward... hahah. "Hey, I used to bang, Will.""Hey, I do bang, Will." You know...

Not a whole lot is new with me. Racing season is starting soon and my leg won't stop twitching. So I need to get out on the track here in a couple weeks to get this twitch to go away!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drax. Brand new car. 20 miles on it. Code Alarm. Deal with it. Don't argue with me. Beeped every fvcking time.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's good. I'm glad you got a good one. That travel arrangement however seems a bit awkward... hahah. "Hey, I used to bang, Will.""Hey, I do bang, Will." You know...

Not a whole lot is new with me. Racing season is starting soon and my leg won't stop twitching. So I need to get out on the track here in a couple weeks to get this twitch to go away!
Haha yeah that could be awkward... but hey... it was a massive upgrade... Geo to a Ferrari! Hahahaha

Yeah the red light runs are getting the best of me now that I actually have traction! hahahaha I would like to track mine this year for some fun... we shall see tho
Old 04-02-2014, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drax. Brand new car. 20 miles on it. Code Alarm. Deal with it. Don't argue with me. Beeped every fvcking time.

11/2004, New car, OEM Scion Security. It doesn't beep. Now if something changed for 2010, fantastic, all my sources predate that.

What is Code Alarm?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha. Anytime someone talks about a Ferrair, I ask for a build thread with pictures

And, oh no... I race. I don't "race". Haha. This is my baby.

Name:  09.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  57.4 KB
Old 04-02-2014, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's the fvckin brand. I've been saying that this whole time. Scion, nor the dealerships, put an alarm or you "oem" one in every car. Most did their own independent one as an option. Most Scions that left the dealership were considered "aftermarket" and were performed after the factory by the dealerships discretion.

Quick Reply: Calling all 2008 TC rs owners....need help