Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Does Chronic Car Audio SUCK? Looks like some locations do..

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Crispy im sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I agree its bs that they tried to charge you $30 to fix a mistake. Also based on how you are reacting here im curious to see how you reacted with them when the mistake was made? Were you polite? Or did you go in guns blazing and upset. Just like anything in life you will get treated based on how you treat others.

I have never charged anyone to do anything to there vehicle if its our product. If I installed it once, its guarenteed for life, thats mine and company policy. Also making sure the customer is 100% happy is a policy.

You also quoted that we sell cheap product. Your telling me MTX, soundstream, eclipse is cheap? Ill put any of those products against any brand out there. Of coarse there are more entry level products we carry. Not everyone can afford to spend over a thousand dollars on a high end system. And for those people we have product that they can afford and still sounds amazing. I have a $400 dollar bass package with "lower level" gear, that pounds as hard as most high end systems, and is still a product we stand behind 100%

So to you or anyone who reads this forum. I guarentee satisfaction and best prices available. In fact to anyone on this forum, ill give the same prices i give to friends and family. For instance I did an MTX bass package for a guy the other day in a black scion. 2 MTX 4500's and a 500w mtx amp for under 400 bucks including box, wiring etc. It sounded amazing and he got very good product.

Ryan
Old 12-29-2006, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Once again well said Dagar, I actually came from the IT world , CCNA MCSE etc (doesnt mean much anymore) I used to feel bad for programmers, a famous quote around our office was.. "out of that 450,000 lines of code, I did one wrong... ooops my bad"

Funny how some people do such huge amounts of quality work just to be remembered for the ONE mistake they made. Specially in IT!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frozenpeaz
Funny how some people do such huge amounts of quality work just to be remembered for the ONE mistake they made. Specially in IT!
How true that statement is. (I've worked IT for over 20 years.)

Crispy,

Maybe you can give Ryan a buzz and get the problem resolved (if you still have the amp in question).
Old 12-29-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Man lots of stuff going on hate wise with chronic... this poped up while looking at other stuff... I do not have anything against them, in fact I would not take my car to any shop *LOL* but anyways just find it odd all I hear is ticked off people that have gone to this company... Mabey just one bad store out of the bunch?? Who knows..

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...20#post2590120
Old 12-29-2006, 05:01 PM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Man lots of stuff going on hate wise with chronic... this poped up while looking at other stuff... I do not have anything against them, in fact I would not take my car to any shop *LOL* but anyways just find it odd all I hear is ticked off people that have gone to this company... Mabey just one bad store out of the bunch?? Who knows..

Yeah. I try not to go to places that are named after a drug. Kind of like a "business" that was trying to sell stuff on some of the truck sites that was pretty quickly proven to be shady. It was called "Stripper Motorsports". Sounds fun, but not a place I'd trust my money to. And definitely do your homework ahead of time and know what you're looking at. I haven't even heard of a couple of those brands you mentioned.
AND..
Hear allot of bad things about them and they have the most RETARDED radio commercials on the planet. Sickening. I hate stupid shops and stupid installers.
Off that other thread.. these comments are funny.
Every time I hear a one of thier commercials I just flip the channel but, Who in right mind would want to market a shop that way with drug nicknames etc? That alone would make me wonder about what they are really about.

anyway.. proof is always in the work.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

The biggest thing I would do is to challange anyone to find a website where someone took the time to write the site to praise a company. It is extremely rare.

In fact. My doctor wanted to inject my knee with a medicine I had never heard of. So where did I go? The internet. What did I find?

About 30 people who had a bad experience with the injection in the past 6 months. Well, if you do the math. 30 people out of how many hundreds of thousands of people. The way I look at most of the internet is:

It is the bathroom walls of society. You can find anything bad when you are trying to find personal experiences. Like it has been said previously and I am going to get off my soap box.

Most people will tell a bunch about poor experiences, but hardly brag about good experiences. What you have to do is look at each shop as they are managed differently and look at possibly how much business people do compaired to the number of complaints. For instance: If you found a shop that does over 1000 installs and 100 people complain, that is what 10%? That is a lot. But if the same shop had 10 pepole or less complain, that is 1% or less. Sometimes when looking at complaints, you have to look at it in terms of the numbers also. One more example and I am done.

If I find a site or two that has 30 people complaining about a procedure and 1 or 2 praising a procedure, I would weigh those 1 or 2 higher than the 30 as it is less likely that someone will post a good experience.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful and save New Year!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its typical that everyone goes straight to the drug reference for our name.

chron·ic /ˈkrɒnɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kron-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. constant; habitual; inveterate: a chronic liar.
2. continuing a long time or recurring frequently: a chronic state of civil war.
3. having long had a disease, habit, weakness, or the like: a chronic invalid.
4. (of a disease) having long duration (opposed to acute).

the owner simply chose that name for 2 reasons.

Custom car owners, have a tendency to get a "chronic" addiction to the hobby. Nothing is ever good enough. Car not fast enough, bass not loud enough. The owner simply chose the name based on that.

Also the name catches your attension. Of coarse its open to interpretation and naturally people go straight to the drug reference. Just like our very odd commercials, you remember them. I think of diamonds I think of shea jeweler or whatever cuz of that guys lame voice that i hear in his commercials, they arent good commercials but I remember them.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

first off I was very polite if you ask anyone, I dont go no where with guns blazing. I told him the situation, and he said cool we will fix it. it'll cost you $30. So I said no thanks. And had another shop move it for me for FREE.

Second of all, let me comment on the 2 10" 4500"s and the 500w amp. I got that same setup after my Chronic setup, Lets just say I didnt have it for more than a month. That Amp is crap I went through 3 of them. So I would recemmend you be ready for that costumer to come back with his amp not working.

I understand no all praises are given, and you are gonna have the people that talk their crap, specially when they have never even done business with them. And if I would gotten better service and stuff wasnt broken, I would be on this thread saying how good the company was and detail my experince, but i didnt. . You do have some nice product. I love the Powerbass line yall have. Lets put it this way. Maybe yall should check out that shop and see whats going on over there. It the alma school and warner one. Domenic is the manager.

As for them paying for their destuction, its probably too late. I no longer have the system. I sold it to Bryan. Which I feel really bad for cause the amp died. soon after. I do need a new back foam piece. but that prolly wont happen. I am done ranting about Chronic now. You might be an awesome dealer Ryan, but the chandler store is more of a hang out than a business.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm MTX is one of my brands I have a very very slim return rate on. Did it blow before or after the "other" shop reinstalled it for "free"

Just a thought.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I can't speak for Crispy's setup and I am FAR from knowing anything about car audio. But I am VERY happy with my MTX Amp (Thunder TC 6001) and box (SledgeHammer T5500).
Old 12-29-2006, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thats a nice setup prob pounds pretty hard
Old 12-29-2006, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Dont forget Chris i explained the problem you were having with your amplifier and got that taken care of for you directly from MTX. Your amplifier problem was a fluke and certainly doesn't relate to MTX as a whole in our quality and performance.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crispyxb
first off I was very polite if you ask anyone, I dont go no where with guns blazing. I told him the situation, and he said cool we will fix it. it'll cost you $30. So I said no thanks. And had another shop move it for me for FREE.
Your attitude after your car was screwed-up is irrelevant. If a business makes a mistake they do not have the right to withhold good customer service because the customer gets twisted.

For THAT person at the Chandler store to even think about asking you for more money was a sign of poor training. Maybe Chronic is growing faster than their ability to properly train, or properly hire, their staffs?

As for the lack of "good job" comment web sites out their.... As a business we can't expect people to sing our praises. Our reward is repeat business and growth.

Also, typically, the only way a website pops up is where the business blew two chances to make things right in the first place. 1.) They did a bad job. 2.) They didn't fix it.

Sure, once in a while, you're going to have a customer you just can't make happy. But they shouldn't be armed with photos of poor work that has not been corrected. Settling out of court is not what I want to hear as a consumer. I'd rather be told that the business did everything they could then (finally) had to tell the customer to go pound sand after a point was reached and resolution was not attainable. Yes, there are "bad customers" out there, no one will ever bat 1000 over the long haul and you just can't make everyone happy.

You should always try though.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bbcrud,

While I agree that it sounds like the store didnt do everything they possibly could, its his word that the work was bad. I know dominque that runs that store, hes been in the business for over 10 years. Without hearing his story I hate to make assumptions that he was in the wrong, but yes the bottemline is that he wasnt happy and they should have done everything they could to help.

As far as the settling out of court, bad choice of phrase on my part..

In both cases that are shown on that site, we went out of our way with both to make the customer happy. Its not my place to give specifics but both were made very very generous offers. We had in fact offered to pay for the 58 but the customer felt his time into the car was worth MUCH more then the going rate for the car, remember classic cars very hard to estimate prices for. Can only pay him what the insurance company says its worth, not what HE thinks it is.

By out of court i mean it never made it TO court, that we had taken care of it the best we could, and the customer still wasnt happy. Believe me when i say we bent over both forward and backward to take care of both of those customers. And again the 58's claim that we havent paid a cent are very very false.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frozenpeaz
bbcrud,

While I agree that it sounds like the store didnt do everything they possibly could, its his word that the work was bad. I know dominque that runs that store, hes been in the business for over 10 years. Without hearing his story I hate to make assumptions that he was in the wrong, but yes the bottemline is that he wasnt happy and they should have done everything they could to help.

As far as the settling out of court, bad choice of phrase on my part..

In both cases that are shown on that site, we went out of our way with both to make the customer happy. Its not my place to give specifics but both were made very very generous offers. We had in fact offered to pay for the 58 but the customer felt his time into the car was worth MUCH more then the going rate for the car, remember classic cars very hard to estimate prices for. Can only pay him what the insurance company says its worth, not what HE thinks it is.

By out of court i mean it never made it TO court, that we had taken care of it the best we could, and the customer still wasnt happy. Believe me when i say we bent over both forward and backward to take care of both of those customers. And again the 58's claim that we havent paid a cent are very very false.
I hear you. I wasn't trying to be part of the slam on Chronic, my "out-of-court" comments was meant to be generic. My comment about growth being the reward for good work could refer to Chronic's growth.

Heaven knows, working for a car dealer, we get our share of heat (both deserved and undeserved).

I guess, what I meant to say is that, I believe what Crispy says, but I know what it's like to be the business.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by rj
Originally Posted by Garage1217

Yeah. I try not to go to places that are named after a drug. Kind of like a "business" that was trying to sell stuff on some of the truck sites that was pretty quickly proven to be shady. It was called "Stripper Motorsports". Sounds fun, but not a place I'd trust my money to. And definitely do your homework ahead of time and know what you're looking at. I haven't even heard of a couple of those brands you mentioned.
AND..
Hear allot of bad things about them and they have the most RETARDED radio commercials on the planet. Sickening. I hate stupid shops and stupid installers.
Off that other thread.. these comments are funny.
Every time I hear a one of thier commercials I just flip the channel but, Who in right mind would want to market a shop that way with drug nicknames etc? That alone would make me wonder about what they are really about.

anyway.. proof is always in the work.
Almost completely off-topic here but whatever...here goes.

I like the quote about Stripper Motorsports. Stripper is a pretty avid sponsored seller on SL and definitely not a bad company. I bet you can go in the Sponsored Sales forum right now and there will be several threads in which they are selling something.

A company's name is always important. Both Chronic Car Audio and Stripper Motorsports names are appropriate. Chronic Car Audio is appropiate for the reasons Cowboy has stated. Stripper Motorsports fits with their target demographic. Are they selling car parts to 10 and 11 year old girls? NO. They're selling car parts to men and women therefore using something relatable. The name shows they mean business but in a fun way. And how attractive is a name like Ben's Garage. A name that makes some noise, gets out there.

Another important thing for a company's name is for it to be pronouncable. Nothing worse than mispronouncing a company's name when you call to order parts. An example of this would be something like Dliungsarts Inc.

Just thought I'd throw that in there... Play on...

Steve
Old 12-30-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I do like MTX, Just the amp I had was defective, And MTcX and MTX fixed the problem, for free. I would do another MTX set up. I just didnt like how I was treated at chronic, or the quality of service I recieved. Like I said before maybe it is just the Chandler store. I havent done business with any other chronic. And I didnt mean to at all to mean anything negitive about MTX, and I will take back my comments of Chronic as a whole and just say the chandler Chronic was very unproffesional. I cant speak for any other shop since I havent done business with them.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

well my wife and i bought our tv's for our mazda from a chroinc store in hte valley. we paid for one set up and the manager of this store didnt even call me to ask if he could do another dvd flipout unit for us that was non touch screen, he just installed it and what not. another note we were quoted on a fll day to install, turned ou to be over 3 days on the install. then our touchscreen unit we paid for was not installed, the install was not even done very well( they used black electric tape and not good conectors at all). the siren for the alarm was just"sitting" in the engine bay. not even mounted anyplace. What did we do? Called them back the next day to get the touchscreen installed for us that we bought. Got it done the next weekend. Then the next monday i noticed the tape when installing my own ipod hookup that we never got but paid for.
They did a good job just little things i fixed myself. When i called the manager about the "tape" and the alarm he didnt belive me at all. but i am not gonna drive the hour to the east valley from NW peoria to let them fix it so i did it myself in a hour. But the prices were good and did the installs i didnt want to mess with. I will prolly go back to get screens installed in our xB when we get it next month.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey phat,

Come by my location on priest/university not only do you get a killer hookup for being on this forum, ill personally make sure you get the best treatment.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Man tape on connections..? Sounds very ghetto / in the alley behind the crack house kinda install to me... Hope you guys in Tempe have proper connection practices... Bad 12v installs are 99% of what I fix for work and I am not even into car audio other than hobby now!

Quick Reply: Does Chronic Car Audio SUCK? Looks like some locations do..