Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Price check on Megan Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:34 AM

Default Price check on Megan Axleback

Hey guys, i'm new here, first post

So i've had an 08 WP tC for about a year now, and I really like the Megan exhaust for it. I found this on ebay for around $265. Is that a good price for a Megan Axleback? Says the exhaust is brand new

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN...#ht_2533wt_810

Thanks for helping the newbie out
Old 04-07-2010, 06:04 AM
SL Member

I dont know if you ever thought about going with a Catback, raceland makes a good one and it would be cheaper then the Megan Axleback. Check it out
http://www.racelandus.com/p-70-racel...-tc-05-08.aspx
Old 04-07-2010, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that exhaust there you wont really get any sound out of it. its pretty much a better looking stock exhaust is all it is. i mean the exhaust is great looking. but if your looking to add some sound to your exhaust note this probolly isnt the best exhaust to go with.

depends on if you want the oem look or the angled canister look. if you want some sound to the exhaust. for the oem look maybe think about trd, precision muffler, strup, borla, magnaflow exhaust. if you want the canister look maybe think about tsudo, raceland, hks.

but also to add if you are lookign for to add some sound with the exhaust. youtube is your friend. before you buy a exhaust you should def check out videos on there and listen to alot of exhaust before you choose. but also if that is the exhaust you are def looking to get go for it. its a decent price for the axelback.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:52 AM

Ya i've listened to clips of the Megan, and its not too loud, but still noticeable. I would like something with a nice sound, nothing too strong or loud. The TRD isn't bad, but I really like the Borla sound. Except, the lowest i've seen a Borla axleback is around the $400 mark.

The Tsudo N1 isn't bad either, I like the fit of the angled back, but I can't tell how loud it really is from the clips. A friend of mine has it on a civic, and it sounds decent.

If you guys know any sites where the best deal on exhausts can be found, send them this way
Old 04-08-2010, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depends on the exhaust your getting certian sites have certian ones cheaper then others.

if you like the angled look i woudl go with tsudo or hks. both sound great and are good exhaust. i had the tsudo on my 06 and it sounded great. i switched it out for the trd because i wanted a more oem look. and to be honest both actually were about the same in loudness. the tsudo isnt really all that loud but has a pretty decent sound if i didnt want the oem look i probolly would have kept it. but once i got the trd i love it. the trd sounds awesome. had a nice deep tone to it. and sound great.

you can try these few sites. or just check out the sponsored sales in the forsale threads.

http://www.erzperformance.com
http://www.assaultech.com/default.aspx
http://www.ptuning.com
http://www.speed-element.com
Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Thats not even a good price, that is higher than retail after shipping haha. I will do it as a "Welcome to SL" deal for only $235 shipped.

Just give me a call to order 205-588-0960

-Danny
Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ there you go. i suggest if you want that axelback you take him up on offer. that is a good deal....
Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 PM

I've been listening to sound clips for pretty much all the exhausts available, and I think the Megan axle back might be a bit too quiet. Otherwise, Danny I would definitely buy it for that price, but i'm not sure if its what I want.

The Tsudo is relatively cheap, but I'm not into the whole angled can look. The best sounding one for me personally is the Strup or the Borla. The only thing is, I don't see the Strup axle back on assaultech.com The Borla is pushing the price range too much for me, but otherwise it sounds beastly.

The only other interesting one is the Injen, because it has the canister look, but it sticks straight out, more of the OEM feel.

Tough choice between those 4, the Megan, Injen, Strup, and Borla. I want the Borla, but the price might make me settle for a Strup.

Anyway Thanks for the help
Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should look into buying a used trd. i fyou want some sound but a nice oem looking exhaust. i had the tsudo then i upgraded to the trd. i wont change it now. i love the sound of it. i was in the same boat as you i was stuck between so many exhaust i had no clue what to get. the strup is a good sounding exhaust, the borla and trd sound almost alike. injen is a good sounding exhaust.

you should looking in to a precision muffler axelback they have a great sound and are pretty cheap in price. cause if your not looking to spend alot they are pretty decent sound wise.
http://stores.mengmotorsports.com/-s...ack/Detail.bok
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
SL Member

Man that is a good deal for the Megan. But if you like the stock look then you really can't go wrong with the TRD. I on the other hand am pretty much set on an N1 style so I will keep this in mind for when the time comes and make it a point to check back with Dan.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:20 PM

Well quick update here, after looking around for a while, I decided to go with a Tsudo Catback.
Just bought it today, hopefully it comes fast so I can put it on and hear the sound. Didn't want to spend too much on an exhaust so hopefully this will do for now. Thanks for all the help/advice guys.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn that is a really good price on the Megan oe-rs
Old 05-19-2010, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmm i wonder if i can get dat deal still, i need a nice quiet exhaust