Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]
View Poll Results: What do you think of the new xB?
I like it alot
33.90%
I dont like it
37.29%
It might look better in person / not sure
28.81%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Poll if you like the new xB or not

Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Poll if you like the new xB or not

Vote now! let scion know what you really think of the new scion. I myself am glad that i bought the 06 xb. Good luck to all that wants to buy the new one! The new bb in japan looks alot better.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I voted for didn't like it. While the looks may be better in person I will not buy one simply because of the 2.4 litre engine. I want good gas mileage, not psuedo power.

Thanks ,Scion, I waited a year and a half for you to include everthing I didn't want. It looks so much worse, I wasn't crazy about the new bB but I'd take it over this any day of the week.

They catered to the people who need to feel awesome by driving a moderately powered car rather than the majority of people who just want a cool looking car with great features and one that is also practical all around.

I'll wait for the redesigned 2009 fit hybrid... or if I want power buy a gti.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right now I'm not digging it but it may grow on me. I liked the first gen body the very first time I saw one.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i like the exterior styling, and the interior might be very nice...but the 2.4l is a deal breaker. the HID, the 6 airbags. all that adds weight and price...i bet this is going to start higher then a tC. This is going to turn into the soccer mom car of the year.

the xD is just a swing and a miss.

see i always saw two kids of tuner in scion. the xA/xB are not made to go fast. its all about style for a good price. the tC was more of the "performance" car for scion. i would buy a fit before anything scion has coming.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

"This is going to turn into the soccer mom car of the year. "

Say it ain't so! I have to wait and see in person...........
Old 02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

its true though..it will prob be cheaper then msot minivans and small suvs. has some style to it and has 6 airbags and HID headlights. its got about the same power a minivan. its gonna happen. there goes the scion brand. hopefully it will keep them afloat until 2011 cooooooome on xB3
Old 02-07-2007, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member

i think the new bB in japan look much better than the new xB. If the xB will not get 30mpg, i think the Matrix or RAV4 is a better choice.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member

I don't like it at all, I am going to call some dealers to see if they have any sort of discounts on the leftover 06's, I want to get a Polar White. I am very dissapointed in the new xb, I thought the BB was cool.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The design of the front is something I'd have to see in person to appreciate...

Standard features mentioned so far are impressive, can't wait to hear more.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member

So apparently Scion listened to everyone complaining. And I mean everyone. There is a bigger engine, with 4 wheel disk brakes, and a automatic paddle shifter for people like me. However, they made the xb bigger so that it was a SUV, and the xD smaller to be the same as the Yaris (small and useless) to make typical Americans happy. They then added curves to the xb for the people that said that it was too boxy, and added straighter lines to the xD for the people that said that the xa was too curvy and looked too futuristic.

Basically, Scion is going to die soon because they got rid of all of the uniqueness of the xb, even the gauges are in the typical location instead of the center. If you read the car and driver article, they think it is better. Of course these are same people that keep saying we need more cars like the camery, accord, and all of the other cars that all look exactly the same. They may have good crash test ratings but they are too small for me and ugly too boot.

Rant complete.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I don't really like it, yet. It will probably grow on me. The current xB did.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since my comments were deleted in the big thread that had photos, I will just note my comments here. I don't really like it based on the photos.

What I don't like:

1. The headlights are bubbles that make the new xb look like a bug. The green xb illustration lights looked much better! 2. The new xb looks like an old 2000 Rav-4, which is not a good thing 3. These new Scions use a lot of the new Toyota styling which I am not keen on.

But there is some good...

4. The increased power is nice. 5. Six air bags is nice! 6. Paddle shiffers are nice. 7. all disc brakes is nice.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd even prefer an element over that.

those bulging head&tail lights, like on the camry that EVERY auto-mag makes fun of is on there.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cars should not grow on you.

What that means is: you didn't like it at first impression but now your used to it, so you don't dislike it as much. Like if you say a girl "grew on you", it means you didn't think she was pretty at first glance.

The 1st gen struck me the first second I saw it. That's all I need.

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
i would buy a fit before anything scion has coming.
x2
Old 02-07-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by typhoonorchid
Cars should not grow on you.

What that means is: you didn't like it at first impression but now your used to it, so you don't dislike it as much. Like if you say a girl "grew on you", it means you didn't think she was pretty at first glance.

The 1st gen struck me the first second I saw it. That's all I need.
When the xB1 came out I couldn't stand it. It's an F'n box on wheels. Then I sat in one, and I instantly loved the interior. I was looking for a practical econo car and I ended up purchasing a practical econo car with a ton of personality. I love my xB1 now. Even though it's an box on wheels, it's a sweet F'n box on wheels!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member

im glad i got my 2006 polar white. xBs are the most original and recognizable cars on the road. when im driving around i notice other xBs, every other car looks so typical. the new xBs seem like a step in the wrong direction.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THe only thing that could save this car is if they have a body kit to make it look like a box again. But even then the gas mileage is still gonna be crap. Scion would've been better off just being a port for JDM toyotas in the US. I'm sure everyone would rather have the bB and Blade over these two.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i like it better than the current design, but then again, i'm not an xB owner, so i dont have the same feeligns as alot of people on here.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lonestar
I voted for didn't like it. While the looks may be better in person I will not buy one simply because of the 2.4 litre engine. I want good gas mileage, not psuedo power.

Thanks ,Scion, I waited a year and a half for you to include everthing I didn't want. It looks so much worse, I wasn't crazy about the new bB but I'd take it over this any day of the week.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I don't care for it. Of course, I didn't like the first xB off the bat either. I will just ahve to see it in person. Maybe the pics aren't doing it justice.

I do like xD though...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll if you like the new xB or not