Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

DoubleA_tC *Full Respray and Slammed*

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not the best editing, but I just got bored and messed around with it a little bit

Before:
Name:  2011-01-23_11-54-50_465.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  105.3 KB

After:
Name:  ScionLowered.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  103.5 KB
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to SL, your RS5 looks nice. Also not bad on the photo editing
Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice job on the wheels... the side mirror meh haha

But when you actually smoke the side miror I think it will look sweet. Also instead of smoking the whole headlight lens, consider baking the headlights open and tinting just the sidemarker
orr check out bluebatmobile's sidemarker overlay

.....and give me your RS5 wheels when you take them off.....
Old 02-01-2011, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you Game!

And yea, I didn't do so great on the mirror. Lol. But I acually tinted them last night and reinstalled them this morning! Lol. I would take some pics, buttt, just got 7 inches of snow dumped on us. I will probably just do that with the headlights too. And you are like the 3rd person that wants my wheels! Hahaha. Everyone on YSTC.com like shunned me and hated me when I said I wanted new rims? Lol
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man don't worry about what they say its your car do what you want. I myself can't wait to get new rims either, when i do these will be my winter wheels unless if i can sell them.

Man i havn't been on YSTC in a looonnng time.
Oh yeah don't talk to me about snow i'm sick of it can't wait for the spring/summer
Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x3 here for changing up wheels. I just want to see something different yet worthy of being put on the car(i.e. something aggressive like a 9.5 or 10 wide or baller status).
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Game, im thinking the same. Keep them as winter wheels would be a good idea, even though we have people far and wide wanting our rims! Lol. And yea, im more ready for summer, not so much for spring. Spring brings all that pollen and rain, which is never good.

Drop, im acually looking at buying 9.5" wide rims with raceland coilovers for the drop. And 5 axis lip. I wonder what it will look like? Lol. Hopefully like sex on wheels!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
x3 here for changing up wheels. I just want to see something different yet worthy of being put on the car(i.e. something aggressive like a 9.5 or 10 wide or baller status).
That's exactly what im looking to get
Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DoubleA_tC
Game, im thinking the same. Keep them as winter wheels would be a good idea, even though we have people far and wide wanting our rims! Lol. And yea, im more ready for summer, not so much for spring. Spring brings all that pollen and rain, which is never good.

Drop, im acually looking at buying 9.5" wide rims with raceland coilovers for the drop. And 5 axis lip. I wonder what it will look like? Lol. Hopefully like sex on wheels!
Im good with the lip kit already have one, as for the axis kit it should look good.Personally as rims being wider i'm all for it.To me the tC looks better with rims that have a lip on it and wider than what we have now and those ugly as stock 17's.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, those rims are badddd. I have always been interested in like 5-7 spoke rims and I really like concave rims, like the Rota Grid's. And there is a guy on here (SoCal), and he is running 10.5" wide in the rear! I think I am in love with his car, personally. lol
Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@OP, how did you tint your tails? Very intrigued.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right here: http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/14...tail-tint.html

That's the DIY I used for mine and it worked like a charm. I recommend though, when he says to use 6 or so coats of the VHT Nightshade, use about 4 or 5. I used 7 coats, and it is stupid dark. lol
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet car. I just got an RS5 a couple of weeks ago myself. Yet to post too many pics, but you're way ahead of me haha.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol. Nice to see another 5.0 on here. But once I got mine, I was seriously just as lost as you were for about the first month or two. lol. If you see anything on my car, or have any questions about anything, just PM me! I would love to help
Old 02-02-2011, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here I put some white rota's on, lowered, tinted headlights, mirror, and driver side window. Still, not the greatest editing job, but you can kinda get the idea. It makes me wanna get the rims. right. now.

Name:  tCwhite.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  111.0 KB
Old 02-02-2011, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not really that lost, my brother owns a tC (which is his' wife's now, as he moved on to an rx8 ) and we worked on it together, so I know a lot of what's out there for tCs. I'm starting off slow for now, shorter antenna, debadging, cai, hids, custom grill. Next I want to get rid of my oem fogs, and get either VRDs or make some custom LED ones. Anzos tails for the rear, make my TBL a full light, paint it red. Everyone seems to be going the black it the ____ out route, but lately I've been getting tired of seeing it on every make and model, so I'm going to try not to do too much of that, even though it does look great mostly. When summer rolls around, I'll try to get my brother to paint some stuff (he's an auto body guy), fill my trunk garnish, interior pieces, etc..Calipers I can do myself, but I'd rather hold off until warm weather. You living in SoCal do not have that problem of having to deal with blizzards.

edit:

dirty:
Name:  DKnb3.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  666.1 KB
Old 02-02-2011, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, well then yea. You are set man! I came into this whole scene blind. Owned an SUV before this and had never touched a car part in my life. lol. But now its like an addiction to always find stuff to do to it and make it look better. lol. But it sounds like you have a pretty good list to get going. I wanna get some VRD fogs here pretty soon. They look like a real good addition to any tC. Yea, everyone is always "Go black!" or "Murder it out!" since we have 5.0's, but im going away from that now. It's cool for a while, but it gets old. I don't think I have ever seen a black car with white rims, so im gonna go out on a limb and try it. I really respect your idea of going against the flow too and doing what you think would be cool, not what others think. Only good thing about blizzards, car sits in garage till snow clears, so I can take it apart and do whatever I want to it and not worry about driving it the next day!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, well then yea. You are set man! I came into this whole scene blind. Owned an SUV before this and had never touched a car part in my life. lol. But now its like an addiction to always find stuff to do to it and make it look better. lol. But it sounds like you have a pretty good list to get going. I wanna get some VRD fogs here pretty soon. They look like a real good addition to any tC. Yea, everyone is always "Go black!" or "Murder it out!" since we have 5.0's, but im going away from that now. It's cool for a while, but it gets old. I don't think I have ever seen a black car with white rims, so im gonna go out on a limb and try it. I really respect your idea of going against the flow too and doing what you think would be cool, not what others think. Only good thing about blizzards, car sits in garage till snow clears, so I can take it apart and do whatever I want to it and not worry about driving it the next day!
You're lucky to have a garage for your tC haha. Mine's a smoking room where you could barely squeeze a car in on most days.

I'm coming from an Audi a6 quttro:

with today's weather, I really miss it the quattro. I still own it, it just that it needs some work, waiting for it to warm up a bit.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, i'm so glad that I have ones. Makes everything easier to work on and everything. But that wasnt a bad car to make a transfer from. And it always seems like everyone is waiting on the weather so they can do something. lol. It sucks! Oh, -10 degrees here tomorrow...for the high
Old 02-02-2011, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, i'm so glad that I have ones. Makes everything easier to work on and everything. But that wasnt a bad car to make a transfer from. And it always seems like everyone is waiting on the weather so they can do something. lol. It sucks! Oh, -10 degrees here tomorrow...for the high
-10 in SoCal?

Quick Reply: DoubleA_tC *Full Respray and Slammed*