Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

head or crank swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Default head or crank swap

u know how people are always making Ls vtec's or crvtec's or even mini me's i was wondering if anyone has any swap ideas seeing as how u have to have big money to do a full engine swap in the box due to lack of space and complicated wiring! maybe even if you can swap the crank to stroke the motor or a stronger stock valve train
Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

kinda sucks that there is no ish like that for the box crowd ///now if it came with a corrolla engine it would be a whole diffrent story ...as you coul dmost likely use the 180 hp xrs motor ..but grrr...also there is a xb with a 383 chevy motor an dits bad @$$..but then again money...all the b series motors are based off each other thus why you can use them like that ..b16 is just a untuned type-r motor, uses the same head .thus poor mans itr..as for the ls vtec etc the blocks are the same just internals are diffrent ..honda was pretty dam smart when the made the b series line..i only wish toyota had more options...
Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, not alot of people buy boxes to go fast or as a great sport car platform, then like what is said above, not alot of toyota engines to choose from, and then lastly, cost...

it is just far more fruitful to turbocharge the engines and be done with it. less money and less headaches and great results.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check my posts on the thread of "a REAL project" or something like that.

it's all the research i've been doing for any and all power upgrades for options to change out the stock engine with something else and it's all based within Toyota.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by VIP_CAMO
kinda sucks that there is no ish like that for the box crowd ///now if it came with a corrolla engine it would be a whole diffrent story ...as you coul dmost likely use the 180 hp xrs motor ..but grrr...also there is a xb with a 383 chevy motor an dits bad @$$..but then again money...all the b series motors are based off each other thus why you can use them like that ..b16 is just a untuned type-r motor, uses the same head .thus poor mans itr..as for the ls vtec etc the blocks are the same just internals are diffrent ..honda was pretty dam smart when the made the b series line..i only wish toyota had more options...
yeah would ahve been cool if the toyota line had something like what the honda people have..i used to have a gsr and then converted to an lsvtec... and i loved it before it got stolen....