Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

tC2 Raceland Coilover Review

Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cypress is correct, there is no camber adjustment on the front struts, only the camber bolts. The camber can be corrected back to factory specs using the front camber bolt.

As far as the rears go, everyone knows that the rear camber of the TC2 cannot be adjusted, and there is no camber kit available yet
Old 02-14-2013, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

on the fronts, did you reuse any rubber pieces? I couldn't find any that fit, and I think mine are really creaking like hell because of it. Also, how far down did you tighten the nut inside the top hat?maybe that could be whats causing the noise
Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, it was the nut in the top hat not being tight enough, I'm retarded
Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha yea, make sure you tighten the nut on the top hat as much as it will let you!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My second complaint is that the provided spacer for the shocks is not long enough. With just the provided spacer there is a very small amount of wiggle room for the shock, and this creates a very slight rattle when you go over bumps. This was easily fixed by buying a longer spacer at Ace hardware for $3 a spacer. They are 1/2" in inner diameter and 1" long.

Here's the provided spacer compared to the spacer I picked up at Ace Hardware.

Name:  IMG_3338_zps9070aaa5.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  144.9 KB

You weren't lying about having to change the size of the spacer. The after market shock is way longer than the OEM.
And I think the comment about the slight rattle was really under rated. I just got the RL installed and the rears definetely rattle. Violently rattle.....

All should be well after I get the spacer to accommodate that gap....
Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by winston_sztaravich
My second complaint is that the provided spacer for the shocks is not long enough. With just the provided spacer there is a very small amount of wiggle room for the shock, and this creates a very slight rattle when you go over bumps. This was easily fixed by buying a longer spacer at Ace hardware for $3 a spacer. They are 1/2" in inner diameter and 1" long.

Here's the provided spacer compared to the spacer I picked up at Ace Hardware.

You weren't lying about having to change the size of the spacer. The after market shock is way longer than the OEM.
And I think the comment about the slight rattle was really under rated. I just got the RL installed and the rears definetely rattle. Violently rattle.....

All should be well after I get the spacer to accommodate that gap....
I wish I could change spacers :-( mine stripped where the allen wrench goes in just before I could completely tighten it all the way down. I have a feeling I am going to have to saw them off when they blow
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 PM

could any of yall post pictures of the shocks in the back through the trunk space where we bolt up the shock absorber? they are sticking up way longer than the stock shock in before. Im not sure if its suppose to be like that...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by soysauce258
could any of yall post pictures of the shocks in the back through the trunk space we bolt up the shock absorber? they are sticking up way longer than the stock shock in before. Im not sure if its suppose to be like that...
It's not bro and it happened to me too. That is why dude recommended the spacer. It definitely alleviated a lot of the rattle but does not eliminate it completely. Raceland's R&D department definitely dropped the ball on this one.... I am going to be contacting them Monday to find out what is going on . improper installation, defective strut maybe?

Idk.... But in the mean time I'm going to try different things to eliminate the rattle completely like a rubber boot sleeve to fit over the spacer for dampening or something.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine is long too, I think its a design issue
Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I spoke with Cody at Raceland today. He sent me this diagram for the rear shock of the TC2. This is not how I assembled mine, which I assume is the issue.

Name:  Scion20tC220Rear20Damper20Diagram_zps19a3848c.jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  12.0 KB

As you can see, you are supposed to take your factory dust boot and trim it to size, and use that as a spacer as well as the provided one. I will be giving this a try in the next day or two
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up

Hey ProjectTC2 I don't know if you happened to follow Cody's instructions so I gave it a shot and it worked. I only had to trim about a 1/4" of the boot off (Mind you I had the Tein springs prior so the boot was trimmed before hand).

No creaks or rattles at all. I hope to post pictures for you guys tomorrow so you can use a reference on one of the RL threads.

Sorry for being so brash and thread jack move ProjectTC2 I was just frustrated
Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey bro so how you liking the Racelands? besides the spacer issue
Old 02-21-2013, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by k0ntr0lledka0s
hey bro so how you liking the Racelands? besides the spacer issue
No more spacer issue . Infact, the rear sits just fine. And the ride itself, a little bit different from what I was used to (Tein Springs)but overall the ride is pretty smooth.

Btw I appreciate the hookup bro, I'm going to be hitting you up pretty soon with those flix.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats the difference between these RACELANDS and TEINS? if i can ask....and so everyone can get an idea =)

cool bro sounds good and glad i could help! hit me up so we can go to some meets or shows
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
I spoke with Cody at Raceland today. He sent me this diagram for the rear shock of the TC2. This is not how I assembled mine, which I assume is the issue.

As you can see, you are supposed to take your factory dust boot and trim it to size, and use that as a spacer as well as the provided one. I will be giving this a try in the next day or two
See this kinda crap is why it wouldn't kill them to include some F****** instructions with the coils.. how are you supposed to know that... just look at it and guess?!?!?! I mean just something as simple as a list of things they did when they installed them on the test car like trimming the stock dust boot..
Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 PM
SL Member

i just ordered my racelands for my tc2 they look reallygood on ur setup! do u have problems going over speed bumps and stuff or no?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear you're getting them! I've been very happy with them so far. I have them lowered almost all the way, and I do have a body kit that makes my car quite a bit lower, but if I take it slow and angled over speed bumps then I have no problem. It's the darn curbs into driveways that are the enemy! :/
Old 03-08-2013, 11:24 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
Glad to hear you're getting them! I've been very happy with them so far. I have them lowered almost all the way, and I do have a body kit that makes my car quite a bit lower, but if I take it slow and angled over speed bumps then I have no problem. It's the darn curbs into driveways that are the enemy! :/
alright cool thanks it looks really good i love the drop thag the racelands offer! ur car looks nice!!! i cant wait to get mine!!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well....It's looks like I'm going to get this coilovers instead of lowering springs. I just have to be patient, I'm a bit low on budget right now. hahaha.

Nice write-up by the way, Brandon.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by disaster06
I'm going to sell my racelands of anyone is interested. I like them but I drive too much for work to take the bumpiness. Probably sell them for 250 shipped.
Had then on for less than a month. Maybe 800 miles
Interested on the racelands if you're still selling them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tC2 Raceland Coilover Review