Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Koni rear shocks

Old 03-25-2014, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Koni rear shocks

I just installed rear koni shocks on my 06 xb and the ride is better... granted my rear shocks were partially blown so anything would have been better... anyhoo, i wanted to share some insights i've had from my experience.

One thing to know is that these shocks (model: 80 2827sport) are designed as a twin tube hydraulic shock which means they do not carry a nitrogen/gas charge. That means that when you get the shocks delivered they won't rebound when you push them down. I thought that my shocks were defective and that something was wrong with them but this is how they work by design.

The install was cake so I would encourage anyone to do this mod because it's so easy and it will improve your ride quality.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I still believe that shocks/struts are one of the best handling mods you can do to a higher mileage car, no matter what the make/model. Night and day difference when you go with a brand like Koni isn't it?!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FlintMica17
I still believe that shocks/struts are one of the best handling mods you can do to a higher mileage car, no matter what the make/model. Night and day difference when you go with a brand like Koni isn't it?!
Honestly, i don't really anything to compare them against since I haven't really done any handling mods accept replacing the front sway bushings. I still have the stock sprigs. The reviews were pretty good for the koni yellows so I went with them.

So far I'm pretty happy with them. I notice the car noticeably drives more smooth on the highway. I would recommend them and then install is pretty easy as you don't need to jack the car up.