Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

AquaTune hydrogen injection, deal or scam?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 AM

dude i read the faqs it says the unit has to be right next to the motor if the vacuum line is more then a foot the product does nothing... i think their issue was propper installation. I've read both ways, that it does do something and that it doesnt. but it makes sense that if the line is too long the hydrogen and the oxygen rebond back into water and your basically running pure water through your motor which would give you that decrease in hp and millage...
Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look if it were that easy, it would be done. I don't care if GM or Ford or whatever killed whatever fuel saving technology because Toyota would have picked it up and used it; or surely Honda would put out a car that has a "fuel cell hydrogen processor" rather than those apparently obsolete fuel cells currently running in Honda prototypes.

Besides, water formation is a VERY energetic reaction. If you were having water rebond in the span from the unit to your engine you would be having miniature hindenburgs going up all through your engine bay. Or if you're lucky and you do have pure H2 making it into the combustion chamber, and combusting, the effect would be hotter combustions.

Yet,
It produces hydrogen-rich bubbles before being introduced into the engine draft. After this it becomes an even more highly enriched hydrogen as it collides with hot metals and combustion and it drops the engine combustion temperature down. Now the engine timing can be advanced up to 7 degrees over factory specifications, if so desired.
With a straight up water injection system, yes, you can advance your timing. That's one of the points of water/meth injection and is a well known fact. Running water through your engine has been known to reduce engine temperature since forever and even more than that, running water through the engine was also a good way to clean your engine. Go up to any old-ish carbureted 474, run it, and funnel a glass of water through the carb and you'll see all the gunk the water is cleaning out. So yes, a lot of their claims are true, regarding timing advance and the cleaning effect. But that runs counter to the idea of using hydrogen as fuel. Combusting straight hydrogen would increase engine temperatures considerably.

They later explain how the H2O is split with that ultrasonic frequency crap. If you could split water with ultrasound, you would be killing babies in the womb by instantly dehydrating them. That is if you don't explode the mother first. The easiest way to split water is to run a strong current through it. Even then, the yield is terrible, which explains why we aren't doing that to create fuel cells. As far as I know, the most efficient way of producing H2 gas is using steam to flash-rust iron, using the iron to strip the oxygen away from the water, which is still not very efficient yet, requiring large facilities for again, not much yield. That a small little vacuum block with a pressuring metering ultrasound will make any significant amount of hydrogen is mildly comical at best.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

....so....

....it won't work?

:p
Old 07-18-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is seems to be VERY similar to a Water/Meth injection......
Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 PM

i dont know but i think it would work better if there was a inhose pump going to the water in because from what i've heard there is less pressure on the intake at high rpm then low. the only problem with an in hose pump is that the unit must be 10'' from the intake. i cant wait to go to college so i can ask a proffesor whether or not there is a frequency at which hydrogen can be seperated from water.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could just go to a university's website, look in the physics or chemistry department webpages and email a professor. That'd actually be a good idea, especially if you want to apply to that school's school of physical sciences. While you're at it, see if there're any researchers that could use high school volunteers.

If you get an answer, be sure to post it.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

There is a true hydrogen generator that uses electrolysis to "crack" water into seperate H2 and O gasses. Some systems are available to retrofit to automobiles and only act as a supplimental fuel source. Reducing fuel consumption little, due to ECU compensating fuel/air mix and timing from O2 sensors, but providing HP boost with added power of Hydrogen and Oxygen gasses mixed with fuel at combustion.
Here is link to one supplier, more are available at Keeley.net

http://www.nationalvapor.com/

The major supplier of hydrogen gas is the country of Iceland. They generate electricity using their "Geothermal" vents by pumping seawater down the thermal vents and mount huge power generators (electric) on steam turbines that provide power to do water electrolysis on tanks of seawater. The hydrogen is compressed and sold worldwide. The technology of electrolysis has been studied for quite some time and there are guidelines for voltage/current and frequency for efficient production of Hydorgen and Oxygen gasses......
Some plans are also available at Keeley.net to DYI with PVC pipe and such....
Old 07-19-2007, 09:28 PM

well i know you can do it with electricity because ive done it with a nine volt battery. the aquatune system says it uses a sonic frequency to split water so im not sure if it would actually work.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just ordered the AquaThrustPlus kit, drove a 2nd gen xB with the Aquatuneplus and it had significant more torque then my friends manual and we drove 80 miles and the tank BARLEY budged!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default AquaTune hydrogen injection, deal or scam?

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-cla...nergy-station/

Honda technology dept. taking the technology seriously!!

Several ways to generate hydrogen,, easiest seems to use natural gas (abundunt/cheap)....
Old 06-16-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have one of these for sale...0 emissions, just some minor radiation leakage issues...quick fix!

Old 06-17-2008, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

review here:

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/...n/aquatune.htm
Old 06-17-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

Originally Posted by Akya
Yea we could be using nuclear energy but thats well.. unstable for now
Only people in the US believe that ... ever been to France?