Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Check Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member

Default my experience with p0012

So for the last few months my check engine lights have been coming on and staying on for a day or two then going out, and this process would repeat itself.

I went to o'reilly's and pulled the code it was this p0012.

After doing some online research. I saw that some people had rough running engines with this code and some didn't. I noticed that some people paid lots of money with good results and some paid lots with bad results.

I also read how a lot of people found it just to be a clogged filter or bad valve.

I chose to go the ultra conservative method approach and try to fix this from the easiest and cheapest method.

Since my car wasn't running roughly or having poor performance, I went to the Express Care by my place and had an engine flush and an oil change.

The flush consists of draining the oil, putting on a clean filter, filling it with 4 quarts of flush and running it for 10 minutes. They then drain and remove filter and complete the oil change.

I drove the car home and the light was still on, I left it parked for the weekend. Monday morning on the drive to work the light was out and has not been on since, it has been 2 weeks now.

My conclusion is I was one of the lucky few that just had a clogged filter and this was a $30 fix for me.

Maybe others can be this fortunate. I will update if the code comes back.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's pretty sweet. Great to hear. Like you said, let us know if anything else happens.