2005-2010 [ANT10]

Question for Dealers and/or wholesalers regarding TYC lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Question for Dealers and/or wholesalers regarding TYC lights

I just wanted to hear it from more than one source... I ordered these tail lights and my parts department at the Scion dealership I work at is haveing problems getting them, apparently I ordered them before they were even officially released. Anyone out there know about there availability or has anyone got them yet? Any informative replys will help ease my mind...thanks

P.S. -I know most of the Scionlife community dosen't like these lights so save space on this post by not telling me there ugly or not to waste my time and get my money back [/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Question for Dealers and/or wholesalers regarding TYC li

Originally Posted by WaldorfScion
I just wanted to hear it from more than one source... I ordered these tail lights and my parts department at the Scion dealership I work at is haveing problems getting them, apparently I ordered them before they were even officially released. Anyone out there know about there availability or has anyone got them yet? Any informative replys will help ease my mind...thanks

P.S. -I know most of the Scionlife community dosen't like these lights so save space on this post by not telling me there ugly or not to waste my time and get my money back [/img]
I like them. From my following of them, ready to release any day now
Old 06-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as I know, they are still not available. The last bulletin I have seen did have a picture of them, but no part number yet. It just said "coming soon!".
Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Scion accessories sales guide book has it listed as available in January, part # PTS25-21050..... :-(
Old 06-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Scion accessories sales guide book has it listed as available in January, part # PTS25-21050..... :-(
You're right, I forgot about that! Maybe they meant January of 2006.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by lakeshorescion
You're right, I forgot about that! Maybe they meant January of 2006.
Oh that sucks! I really wanna see how it looks like on my BSP with all the combinations I have on mine!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

www.mcgeorgeparts.com has a picture of them and it says under that that they are instock and ready to ship. looks like they really are avaliable.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kwiksilver
www.mcgeorgeparts.com has a picture of them and it says under that that they are instock and ready to ship. looks like they really are avaliable.
Well I'll be.....Must have happend just in the last few days. Ready to ship
Old 06-03-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Kwiksilver, thats all I needed to get my parts people on the ball... Who knew posting a question could really help!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

glad i could help! and good luck.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i found this information on the tC TYC lights:

Part Number: PTS25-21050
the price should be $ 345.00 (installed), at your local scion dealer.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buy it from McGeorge, install it yourself and save about $75
Old 06-04-2005, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

being that they don't use the bulbs for the brake light, will cutting of wires be necessary to get rid of the useless bulb and the thing that the bulb plugs into? it would be nice if it was "plug and play" but i don't see how that could be.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, I'm confused. Is there another dealer on here that can clear this up, or knows something we don't? Yes, I have the part #, but I have not seen a price, or the parts bulletin that we normally receive shortly before a new accessory becomes available.

By the way, McGeorge Scion's Scion webpage does not show a price yet for the taillights, so technically they can't be selling them on new vehicles.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, I'm confused. Is there another dealer on here that can clear this up, or knows something we don't? Yes, I have the part #, but I have not seen a price, or the parts bulletin that we normally receive shortly before a new accessory becomes available.

By the way, McGeorge Scion's Scion webpage does not show a price yet for the taillights, so technically they can't be selling them on new vehicles.
You might want to hit the refresh button on your browser when you get to Mcgeorgeparts.com I'm looking right at their site and it has the TYC tail lights with a price of $275 - "In stock ready to ship"

As I understand it, the lights are simply plug and play.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mmm LED yummy. Look pretty good, i am glad they are finally using LED's in aftermarket tail lights.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad

You might want to hit the refresh button on your browser when you get to Mcgeorgeparts.com I'm looking right at their site and it has the TYC tail lights with a price of $275 - "In stock ready to ship"

I'm talking about mcgeorgescion.com, their new car page.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

click search, tail lights, tail lights for the tc by TYC. $275.00

"Change your Scion look with these rear tail lamps by TYC. These are true performance LED technology lamps for a bright, clear light display, and conform to factory quality standards paying extreme attention to detail, fit and finish. The lights are 100% compliant with applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS-10, SAE specifications and DOT regulations."

Old 06-04-2005, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I don't know about a NEW TC getting an aftermarket product that a dealer usually would install, not the factory....but they are available now AFTERMARKET. I suppose since I don't have them in my hands yet....but McGeorgeparts.com has been a very reliable source for products and the "now shipping" was not there within the last week, nor could you place an order for them because it said "call". I guess I'll let you know in a few days with a pic of them on my OLD TC.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mmm, those lights would own with a eyelid smoking out the yellow at the top. Blue... where ya at buddy, do it up! ;) would the other eyelid work that you already made?

link here for overlay but in smoke, not opaque?

Quick Reply: Question for Dealers and/or wholesalers regarding TYC lights