Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

xA Spring rates

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default lower

Has anyone tried the DZ springs for the xA? The advertised drop is 2.25 in the rear.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone have the Tanabe DF springs? Does the ride bounce considerably?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD makes the only spring that is actually cold rolled there is a huge diffrence in the manufacturing process compared to other springs. Hands down I do not car what spring rate or coilover rate another company claims if it isn't cold rolled it is junk. I know I will get flamed for stating the obvious truth but you get what you pay for if your a cruiser buy the cheap 2 inch drop springs and have fun if you care about handling and curvy roads buy the TRD springs and no others. even the tommy Kaira subaru was criticized by road and track because it didn't have cold rolled springed coilovers on it and they lost valuable laptime and he agreed he would never use anything but cold rolled springs on his cars again. I would bet any cold rolled performance spring will produce better laptimes than non cold rolled spring or coilovers for the Xb or Xa TRD is the only choice for cold rolled.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ghostrider25
TRD makes the only spring that is actually cold rolled there is a huge diffrence in the manufacturing process compared to other springs. Hands down I do not car what spring rate or coilover rate another company claims if it isn't cold rolled it is junk. I know I will get flamed for stating the obvious truth but you get what you pay for if your a cruiser buy the cheap 2 inch drop springs and have fun if you care about handling and curvy roads buy the TRD springs and no others. even the tommy Kaira subaru was criticized by road and track because it didn't have cold rolled springed coilovers on it and they lost valuable laptime and he agreed he would never use anything but cold rolled springs on his cars again. I would bet any cold rolled performance spring will produce better laptimes than non cold rolled spring or coilovers for the Xb or Xa TRD is the only choice for cold rolled.
well i did some research on the megan racing springs and those are cold wounded steel so its not only trd
Old 09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was thinkin about this set up for my suspension
megan racing springs with trd shocks/strut
or the df210s with the trd shocks/struts

if anyone else has any other suggestions please leave them but im pretty set with the megan racing springs

im looking for a stiff ride

mainly im looking for suggestions with shocks/struts
Old 01-02-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default progress springs?

anyone here know the rates on the progress springs offered by partshippers?
i have asked them, but no answer. i will post if i get one.

thanks

http://www.partshippers.com/~partshi...577f7e8f12bf56
Old 02-23-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ghostrider25
Good points.

Is Eibach cold-rolled ?

I was talking w/someone in suspenstion/alignment at a tire shop today, and he mentioned "dont get a spring drop at 2.0 inches, or more... because it will dramatically mess up your (camber.. or caster... I forget) ... and there are several other parts that will be needed in order to get your front tires aligned properly- or else your front tires will wear unevenly- which then in the long run will cost you more $$"
Old 02-24-2007, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw, i contacted progress about the rates. they said that they do not remember making springs of a different rate for partshippers, so those springs should also be 165 front and 175 rear.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eibach is cold rolled.

Any info on Intrax spring rate, etc ???????
Old 04-20-2008, 09:55 PM

what about Ksport? They sound alright?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kspor...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-16-2008, 09:18 AM

Yeah,Very nice list. Those Eibachs look awsome!!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tein's sounds good
Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Tein's-Goldlines-Tenabe or Eibach

HI all I am deciding which springs to get for my scioin xa 2006

I drive everyday about 10 miles and weekends about 50miles. I am considering

Eibach Sportline
Tebabe df210
Teins T-tech
Goldlines.

Which one would you recommend? Which one will give you a nice drop and smooth drive?

Thank you so much
Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 AM

Default Tanabe TDF 080 springs

resurrecting an old string.

I have a good deal on a set of Tanabe TDF spring. They look a bit stiffer than stock, which is OK. ( the XA is pretty stiffly sprung already)
I'm more interested in the drop. What other changes do I need to make to the suspension? Can I still dial in the camber with a 2.0 drop in the front?

New member in search of answers.

thanks,

Phil
Old 02-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ashe_WCM
Looking around for some inexpensive springs I can use for AutoX untill I can afford the $1400 Coilovers I started checking the Different Brands Spring rates, I've emailed and/or called all of the Spring companys listed as having xA Springs in the SL part review area, Follows are the Claimed spring rates and drops for all of the companys that have responded.
Springs
Code:
                                          Spring Rate (lbs/in)                    Drop
                                          Front               Rear               Front     Rear
                      S-tech          145               179             -1.7        -1.7  
                      H-tech          129               179             -1.1        -1.1 
Megan Racing                    280               230             -1.85      -1.85
Tanabe
                     DF210           137               170             -2.0         -1.8 
                     NF210           154               121             -1.3         -2.0 
Eibach
             SPORTLINE      98-206*         57-229*      -2.0        -2.0   
                     Pro-Kit     120-189*         69-211*      -1.5        -1.6
Goldline                              170               185              -2.0        -2.0
RS*R
            Downsprings          137               141              -2.0        -1.2
*Progressive springs

Coilovers
Code:
                # of Damper    Spring Rate (lbs/in)       Front Drop            Rear Drop
                Adjustments      Front         Rear           Max    Min             Max  Min
Tanabe
       S-OC                         275          165            -2.5       -0.25         -1.5   +0.25
    Type II                         275          165            -2.5       -0.25         -1.5   +0.25
JIC
    FLT-A2    15                275          165*          -2.5        -0.5           -2.5   -0.5
         SF-1      0                275          220*          -2.1        -0.5           -2.1   -0.5
*Progressive Springs
** Awaiting Further Info

I called H&R springs and was told "We dont keep that information available because most people just care about how much drop, and not every company measures spring rates the same". I'm not going to go into how springs are rated but I don't think this person has a clue.

If you have any requests just PM me or post here, and I will do all the research.
I'll update this post as more companys respond to my requests for information

***Added RS*R DownSprings***
***Added FLT-A2 Spring rates ***
***Added Coilover Listing 16Feb05***
***Added Goldline Springs 15Feb05***
***Edited math on Tanabe Springs***
***Added TRD Springs ***
Where did you find the stock spring rate?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been running Goldlines on my 2006 xA since the start of 2006. I drive the car through New England winters. Last night as I pulled into my driveway, the car was making some weird sounds, and this morning in the cool light of day I see that both of my rear springs have just broken from too much rust causing them to fatigue.

So, Goldlines are not to be recommended if you're in the rust belt, they only lasted me 5 winters. Their paint chips and cracks away and lets all the salt in.

I'm not sure about the rust-proof-ness of all these other types of springs, but a friend at work is recommending the Eibachs because they are powdercoated.

I envy those of you who live in more temperate climates
Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Eibach makes the TRD springs.
One thing to consider - Eibach has the longest warranty AND they designed their springs to work with the factory dampers.

I drove on mine for two years, year-round - one year on factory dampers & one year on Konis. Changing the dampers changes the ride. Factory gives a streetable ride. Konis give a very racy ride.

I recently switched to H&R Race springs - as far as I can tell, the only reputable brand with the highest rate. I can't just go to off-the-shelf race springs because ours are different diameters top-to-bottom. I learned this from Eibach tech.

The H&R's give a slightly stiffer ride, but not a huge difference. They are also now grey, and not red as they are usually pictured.

Forget about alignment worries. Our cars are strut front/beam rear. The alignment does not change significantly. A-arm suspension changes camber. Neither is adjustable from the factory. Only the front is adjustable if you insist with crash bolts, but NOT necessary.

Bottom line, for an appearance drop, use Eibach SportLines with factory dampers & you'll be set.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member

i Just went with a set of Raceland coilovers. not a bad buy at all for the quality and price at $401 total at my doorstep. but if had the actual money, i would have went with K-Sport coilovers.