Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Buyers Guide: Scion xA/xB Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ anybody?
Old 11-14-2006, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone know if TEIN has released an EDFC Compatible spring for the scion xA? Also are there any shocks that are as hard as the megan racing springs but don't come with such a large drop? Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member

Default Help me decide

I want to install lowering springs hoping that would improve handling and reduce wind sheer. I am not looking for improving the looks or styling. From the list TRD and H&R look like good options. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Vinnie
Old 01-28-2007, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tenzo-R spec correction!

Great thread but there are mistakes here that could cost people cash.

Just to help you update the Tenzo-R should be moved from Slight Drop (~1") to Moderate Drop or Low Drop since the specs are Front 1.6" Rear 2".
Old 02-17-2007, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can anyone tell me what the Tenzo spring rate is. I don't understand what progressive means. thanks.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TonyTazaam
Can anyone tell me what the Tenzo spring rate is. I don't understand what progressive means. thanks.
Not sure but I think it means it will lower a bit more over time. It will set in? At least my shop told me they would so I assume this is the case. Can anyone clarify??
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What does "Variable Rate Spring" mean? Also what does the spring rate mean. if it is what is the difference between high numbered spring rate and lower numbered spring rate.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh, these are really good questions I would never ask here. Good for you. Anyone know? I don't.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anybody heard of the JDM lowering springs on scion superstore? Here is a link...
http://ssuperstore.com/product_info....roducts_id/855
Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TonyTazaam
What does "Variable Rate Spring" mean? Also what does the spring rate mean. if it is what is the difference between high numbered spring rate and lower numbered spring rate.
Variable or progressive rate means that the spring has different ratings as the spring compresses. The spring will have a softer section to provide a good soft ride and a stiffer section to slow the compression down when you go over big bumps to keep from bottoming out to hard.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Default Re: Help me decide

Originally Posted by Vinnie
I want to install lowering springs hoping that would improve handling and reduce wind sheer. I am not looking for improving the looks or styling. From the list TRD and H&R look like good options. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Vinnie
Springs alone will not help much with handling other than lower the center of gravity. To improve the handling you will need a rear stabilizer bar (Progress, TRD or Whiteline) to name 3 that I know of for our cars. Upgrades shocks that are adjustable and to upgrade the front sway bar end link bushings to polyurethane to reduce flex. Hope this helps and enjoy your new corner carver!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will the Tein Basic Coilover for a xA, fit a xB??
Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Yes they interchange
Old 04-11-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's awesome Thank you. anybody else? so that I am super positive before i buy a set.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed

Anybody have or know somebody that has the skunk 2 springs. they give a 2" drop just wanted to know the how comfortable the ride is.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by joesal23
Anybody have or know somebody that has the skunk 2 springs. they give a 2" drop just wanted to know the how comfortable the ride is.
Springs carry the weight and have little to do with ride quality. If you plan on using the stock shocks the ride should stay the same as the stock springs. If you add the Monroe 5987 rear shocks, this will make the ride much less harsh. Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I've been riding on progress technology sport springs on my xb for over a year now .I have no problem with them except the ride is kinda hard when i hit a bump it feels like the back end of the car is going to fall off. A friend said chages the springs to tein. so i made a few calls and it turns out it not the springs at all its the dam low profile tires im riding on ,theres harly no meat on the tires so every bump feels like a dead body was thrown in front of me.

My point....

If you are going to change to lowering spring with low proflie tires with a half inch of rubber on the rim, your ride quality will suck .

Thank you every body for the info on springs
Old 06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chicken442
I've been riding on progress technology sport springs on my xb for over a year now .I have no problem with them except the ride is kinda hard when i hit a bump it feels like the back end of the car is going to fall off. :
Actually, Monroe #5987 shocks would help out in the rear with that hard a$$ed ride. It is about a 70 dollar mod. The stock shocks do not compress during a bump so all that energy gets transferred right to the seat of your pants.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

word. i've been trying to research a suspension setup for my box for a month or so. i would like to do it before i go back to school. with that said, seeing as how i do go to school and carry lots of cargo, carry people, etc ... i was thinking of the following additions: progress rsb, energy bushings, rear monroes, and lowering springs.
however, i've been stuck on which springs to get. i am concerned with ride height and comfort. i definitely want something that is comfortable for my passengers (ie - ladies) and something that will not make me bottom out or even scrape everytime my car is loaded with luggage or a cabin of 6 passengers.
i've been debating between tein Htechs, Skunk2, and vogtlands. and i'm still not sure if those rear monroes will lower the rear even more ?
any input ?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:19 AM
SL Member

This thread has great information about different springs. The problem is, being a buyers guide, providing information about the springs is only half of the battle.

A person looking for springs needs to find all obtainable information to make an informed decision on what to purchase. This information is found here without a doubt.

The second and last step is to find the best PRICE for the product. I believe that this is lacking right now but we can change this. Sharing information like this is a great way to make this forum more potent and helpful. It also keeps good businesses in well standing. Unrelated to suspension, I highly recommend vulcantire.com for any tire needs you may have. I found them to have the best prices on pirelli tires and their shipping was amazing. I have no relation to them outside of my purchases, but their helpfulness and services are the best I've found.

So where do you find a great price for the Tanabe DF210? NF210? Goldline Springs? Eibach? etc.?

Lets make this forum Grow!

Quick Reply: Buyers Guide: Scion xA/xB Suspension