Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Traction Control (TSC) Flashing 100% of the time.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Traction Control (TSC) Flashing 100% of the time.

So i just had my custom headers and full exhaust done up but my TSC Light is solid flashing 100 % of the time, I was expecting the check engine light to come on but not to really expect the TSC to flash all the time, Has anyone had that kind of problem?

My custom header was done up by a place in Boise Idaho called "City Radiador and Muffler". All i got to say is BOB is amazing, amazing.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let off the gas pedal, there is too much POWER!

Sounds like he bumped a wheel sensor.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

aren't you able to disable that function by just pushing the button?
i don't remember if it reactivates itself after 30mph, or if that is just the stability control feature

better yet, get yourself the LSD from TRD
Old 08-19-2007, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no pictures of your headers?...

I dont get the VSC thing either... when you turn the car on is it automatically on? lol... or do you have to press the button to make it turn on? the light is always off when i turn my car on... when i press the button the light for it comes on (the dash) ... when i start my car and ALL the lights come on for a second.. i knotice a light underneth the VSC light that says "VSC" Off ... but I have never been able to turn it "off" .. i have no idea what its doing.. so i just dont touch it ever..lol

but yeah can we see som epics of these headers???
Old 08-20-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

When i turn my car on the lights of the vsc off and the trac light are on, the vsc off light will continally flash. and it comes on when the check engin light comes on. when i reset my ecu (un connect the battery) all the lights will disapear until the car really warms up like a thirty to forty min drive.

The nice thing with those lights on is that i dont ever have to worry about trac control kicking in cause its always off.

If you all would like to turn off your trac and vsc then push your trac button for 5-8 seconds when completly stopped. then you will be good to go.

I will get pics soon I've just been really busy with work and play... but what you really want is sound clips...
Old 09-02-2007, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To turn off the VSC turn you car on don't move at all push and hold the VSC button for 5-10 seconds and the vsc off light will show up. But as soon as you turn off the car and restart it, the light will be back off. Which means it is activated, kind of reverse because you would think if it's lit up then it's on but it doesn't work that way.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rdfxb
To turn off the VSC turn you car on don't move at all push and hold the VSC button for 5-10 seconds and the vsc off light will show up. But as soon as you turn off the car and restart it, the light will be back off. Which means it is activated, kind of reverse because you would think if it's lit up then it's on but it doesn't work that way.
My VSC light is on all the time i can turn my car on or off and it is still on. Its because of my Header that i just resently put on, I no longer have a cat so my check engine light comes on and when it comes on my VSC light comes on also and the light stays on until i reset my ecu.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM

Cool Yeah I got that....

My vsc, check engine & traction control lights came on when I started modding my shoebox. I'm not able to pin-point which mod. was the main reason for my indicators to come on. I also have headers, an intake, a catback exhaust, & a throttle body spacer. I read somewhere that a dirty MAF sensor can also cause these lights to come on. It kinda made sense to me because I had just put in a cold air intake that had been sitting around collecting dust. A tech support person from a ACDirect (Auto Chips Direct) told me that to reset the ECU, you disconnect the neg. terminal from the battery, allow car to sit for a few minutes , then turn the headlights on & reconnect battery. You then turn the key to accessory position and I forgot exactly how many times(under 10) exactly, but then you pump the gas peddle and turn the engine. I'm not sure if this actually works or if its just the fact that your disconnecting the neg. terminal might be doing the same thing. I appreciate any thoughts, feedback or ideas on how to fix this problem.