Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Scion fogs for xD

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion fogs for xD

Hi all, so I've been off here a while...
a little info for those in search of fogs from Scion for the xD.
They haven't made any as of yet!
It looks like there won't be any in the near future either.
Maybe for 09?
Good luck with your mods!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

On that note, I purchased the xD Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD) and obtained access to the Yaris EWD as both these vehicle are very similar.

I traced all the wiring for the foglight system on the Yaris and then explored if the same wiring was on the xD. Sad news...The xD has no, and I mean NO pre-wiring for fog lights. All of the wiring connectors on the xD are empty...BUT it can be done. I'm working on a little project to wire it on the XD AND to activate the fog light indicator on the instrument cluster that IS there.

I was fortunate enough to find out what pin number on one of the two connectors that plugs into the instrument cluster activates the fog lamp indicator icon, so that is good news.

I have also pre-wired a fog light wire through my firewall on my xD this past weekend through one of the two small nipples on the main wiring loom from the passenger compartment to the engine compartment on the drivers side too...I had to take all of the cowling off, wiper blades, etc to get back there. Pics to follow probably tomorrow sometime. I actually installed a day/night mirror with outside temperature and Homelink this past weekend which required wiring the outside temperature sensor, so that's why I had everything torn apart.

More to come....
Old 11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm i am about to buy ones but have in mind the pathinder or infinity looks the same hopefully it can be used in the xD...i'll check if they fit..
Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How do you buy the electrical wiring diagram? From the dealer? That sucks that there are no pre-wirings for fog lights on the xD Going to be so upset if the next year model has it! Oh well.

With the rear view mirror, are you going to do a write up on how to install something like that? I was thinking it would be nice to put one of those in my car as well.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:48 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

uhh.. there's an indicator on the instrument cluster for fogs?

i've never seen anything like that for any car...

(on a side note..... whoa.... Dave posted on SL!! it HAS been awhile!)
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got money on fog light availability for 2008.5 models.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is no information that Scion has provided which suggests that fog lights will be available for the xD in the near future
Old 12-07-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2007 Yaris wiring diagram - how similar to xD?

I'm still working on adding fogs or some sort of DRLs to my xD. I still can't find a wiring diagram for the xD (to download or buy), but I found one for the 07 Yaris here. I was wondering - does anyone (SLODEANIS?) know how similar the wiring is between the 07 Yaris and the 08 xD?

thanks,
Andy
Old 12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Wiring diagram is on Toyota tech site for $10/day.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/
Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM

I just bought my XD 2 weeks ago, and our dealer in the Bay Area offering the Fog light for the XD. It's sitting right in the middle of the lower grill, imagine the TC fog light on our ride.
I'm trying to get the Wiring diagram from a friend of mine who works in Toyota. Let you guys know if I found anything interesting
Old 12-08-2007, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Zolitz - thanks for the link and info - it'd probably be worth $10 if I couldn't find anything else. But I think I just simplified most of my problem - I discovered the "Add-a-Line" (or "Add-a-Circuit). For about $6 at Advance Auto Parts, I got one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/BUSS-ATM-Add-A...7095982&sr=8-1
(or http://tinyurl.com/22s4nq - do long links do OK here?)
Now I just need to find a fuse that's switched power, run some wire, install the LEDs, and I should be set. I'll post some pictures when I finish, but maybe this handy little item will help someone else in the meantime.
Good luck,
Andy
Old 12-09-2007, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question for Zoltiz r.e. techinfo site. I called them to clarify what is available online for Scions a couple months ago. They told me no Scion tech manuals were online. Were they mistaken? Or is only the wiring diagram available? (I'm rather daunted by the near 400 bucks the set of manuals cost and would happily pay the hourly fee.)

Thanks for all your informative posts!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Last time I checked was in August and there was entire service manual, new car features manual and wiring diagrams. Might even be body repair manuals, but I did not look for these at the time. All that for the xD (and every other scion ever made) - that's where I was looking up my tC info back in '04.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 2007 Yaris wiring diagram - how similar to xD?

Originally Posted by Andyman
I'm still working on adding fogs or some sort of DRLs to my xD. I still can't find a wiring diagram for the xD (to download or buy), but I found one for the 07 Yaris here. I was wondering - does anyone (SLODEANIS?) know how similar the wiring is between the 07 Yaris and the 08 xD?

thanks,
Andy
I have the xD wiring diagram book and a copy of the Yaris EWD. The two are almost identical. All of the wiring for the foglights on the Yaris matche up cavity-wise on the xD, but the actual wiring is not in the xD. There is an indicator light on the left side of the instrument cluster, next to the "headlight on" indicator on our xD's that is a foglight on indicator. It is pin 20 on the right side wiring connector on our xD's clusters. I just plugged a wire down there with positive battery voltage and it came on.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The factory ones look good enough IMO.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 AM

woah woah woah, optimizescion.com has fog lights that replace the 'black hole' areas on the side of the bumper...you cant buy them on the site but you go to the toyota dealership and they will order them for you...there actually pretty cheap too for what comes with them
Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 PM

How much???
Old 09-09-2010, 06:00 AM

it doesnt say but i believe around 100 to 150 here they are http://www.optomizescion.com/Product...px?ProdID=2539
Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 PM

sweet... theyre not HIDs are they??

Quick Reply: Scion fogs for xD