Notices

blitz supercharger prob (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default blitz supercharger prob (UPDATE)

i have a question for ya'll. i hooked up an autometer boost gauge and at idle its pull 20 for vacuum and when i give it full throttle its reading 4 vacuum. its not even hitting zero, or going into boost. i think i need to rebuild my supercharger. do ya'll have ANY idea what it can be? or where i can take it to get rebuilt if thats whats needed. please let me know guys!
Old 01-21-2008, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, you probably didn't hook up your boost gauge to a good spot if your getting so much vacuum at idle.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its right on the intake manifold
Old 01-21-2008, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you hook it up to a vacuum line, not your intake manifold.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where is there vacuum line that i can us? step #13 on the install manual says if your using a boost gauge to tap it on the a hole thats there
Old 01-21-2008, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where do i need to tap my boost gauge?

This has been a frequent question on the digest. I have found in my searches that the best place is the fuel pressure solenoid (FPS). Which is under the hood on the driver side of the firewall (red box). From what I've read this gives the best results from the standpoint of stability (needle doesn't vibrate) and accuracy. The hose you want to tee into is the one on the passenger side of the solenoid (green arrow). If you follow it you will see that it goes to the intake manifold. Do not tap into the hose which goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (Drivers Side). Besides getting inaccurate readings, you may alter the signal which gets sent to the regulator and you DO NOT want that.

http://www.jumptronix.com/2g_go_fast...stGaugeFAQ.htm

the internet is your friend, yahoo can find anything.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i'm just tellin ya what i read from the blitz install manual. it says if you have a boost gauge to tap on there. anyways.......... can you help me with my prob or no?
Old 01-21-2008, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i read about 20 at idle as well... mine is tapped into the bypass actuator hose, which is tapped into the manifold... the manifold is a fine place to tap, as the pressures inside are the ones you want to read. however, even if your blower was completely shot, like maybe the clutch wasn't working, you should still be getting a 0hg reading at WOT... check your lines, maybe there is a leak... does your SC feel like it isn't boosting? maybe the gauge is bad... take a couple pics of your install and post them up...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i used 2 different guages and it was the same with both. the one i have right now is brand new! so i dont think thats it. i dont know what to do. it doesn't really feel like i'm boosting though.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay, a couple other ideas... first, please don't get offended, but you did hook it up to the intake manifold and not the intake plumbing right... second, check the wiring for your clutch, if the gauge is installed right and you are not boosting, it sounds like you are having an issue with the clutch on the supercharger. whether it is the wiring or the clutch just went out... even if the bearings in the sc were bad, or the housing worn and not producing as much boost, it should still produce a few psi, unless the clutch is bad and not engaging the SC... call blitz and ask them how much it would be to replace the clutch...
Old 01-22-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i just hooked up a autometer boost gauge to my car and found out that my supercharger is fawked up. i'm in vacuum the whole time and not even hitting boost. i have an oil leak out of the seals and i found out my intake gasket is messed up. i ordered a new one from toyota and picking that up tomorrow. well i took it off today and tore that thing apart. i found out that the charger was built 04/07, not even a year old!!!!! the only problem is i'm stuck. i got it pretty much apart but i can't get the gears off. there is like a "JDM" locking system holding them on. so i call blitz up in cali and they are like oh we can't help you. your only option is to ship it to us, we'll ship it to japan and have them look at it. all i wanted to know is how the hell do you take it off. i'm taking it to a local machine shop to see if they can help me out at all. i'll update all ya'll some more when i know more. the last 2 pics shop the gears and the "lock setup"

Old 01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, that sucks... now, i don't know a lot about the blitz system, i am an eaton person, but are you sure most of the problem you had wasn't with the clutch. even though you were leaking oil, and obviously some seals needed to be replace, so long as the clutch was working, it still should have been turning the shaft which would have turned the rotors, oil leak aside, you should have been making boost... i have a feeling that your problem lies in the clutch, and complete disassembly is not needed... could be wrong, but unless you were leaking oil into the intake, i would put the blower back together with new silicone seals and start trouble shooting the clutch... or just go with an eaton blower
Old 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

most likely the eaton blower won't fit under the hood of his xA
Old 01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i don't think it would either... too bad...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think that is a jdm pin but the end of a screw or what not that is tightened on the other side of the gears....but then again maybe wrong....
Old 01-26-2008, 09:11 AM

You need a puller to take off those gears, They are pressed in, I see them all the time in transmissions. You can go to any transmission shop and they have the gear puller to take it apart. When they pull it off of the shaft the pins will be loose. Afterwards you will need to have the transmission shop press the gears back on and them press the pins in after the gear is set in place. They have the press for that.