Notices
PPC: Engine / Drivetrain
turbos, exhaust, intakes

FS: Greddy turbo for 04-06 xB / xA: SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default FS: Greddy turbo for 04-06 xB / xA: SOLD!

EDIT: This kit has been sold, mod please lock it up.

Selling my Greddy turbo, installed on my vehicle for one show season, and purchased from another show vehicle (Tango's from SE, removed after she sold her xB) before I bought it, never raced and in great condition.

Asking $1,700 plus shipping OBO, not in a hurry to sell but open to reasonable offers and possibly trades.

Full kit includes:
- Greddy turbocharger (TF035HL-14GK), internal wastegate set @ 5 psi
- All nuts, bolts, washers, etc.
- All aluminum piping
- All silicone couplers
- All t-bolt clamps
- Greddy exhaust manifold
- Greddy downpipe (note: downpipe has been cut and re-welded to mate up with the factory US exhaust, true bolt-on unlike the kit as it comes from Greddy)
- Front, side and rear heatshield
- Oil return line
- Oil feed line (custom, not the poorly made Greddy stock line)
- tapped oil pan
- eManage blue with unlocked factory map loaded for easy tuning

In addition to what would come with a new Greddy kit, there are some extras to make this a full kit with no extra parts searching needed:
- Scion tC fuel injectors
- Turbo XS Type H-RFL BOV
- Prosport oil filter adapter plate (used for oil feed instead of the Greddy t-junction, allows for oil temp, pressure gauges, standard 1/8" NPT fittings)
- Greddy support tool software with link cable for easy tuning
- Injen intake (customized to fit the turbo, may also bolt to stock air filter)
- AEM dryflow filter element
- Injen Hydroshield cover for filter
- Dezod exhaust manifold studs
- 2004-2005 AND seperate 2006 wire harness (have BOTH the 2004-2005 harness that came with the kit and a 2006 harness ordered from Boomslang, so the kit will fit all 1gen years)
- Welded bung for wide band O2 sensor and plug
- Greddy oil catch can (I never mounted it, universal fit so you'll need to fiuge out mounting)

Very nice kit and won quite a few shows with it, so why am I selling? I love the power but wanted a bit more room down the road, and the Greddy peaks at around 171 WHP. I'm upgrading to the 365Motorwerks kit with a Garrett GT2252 turbo with intercooler. The stock motor will not be able to handle what my target numbers are so I am assembling and putting in a built block first with new pistons, rods, and some head work.

So why so cheap? This is a used kit, and as such, the piping does have a few scratches, but is still polished and shows well. Also, when I bought it unfortunately the shop that took it off missed a few pieces that have had to be improvised. The original rear heat shield that bolts to the firewall was gone. I have replaced it with a sheet of aluminum that does the job fine, but because I don't have a press at my disposal I had to hammer it to shape so it is not completely smooth or shiny. The gasket between the turbo and the downpipe is missing. I used a bead of Ultra Copper sealant when I installed it and it works great, never had a leak. I will be sending a new tube with the kit. The doughnut gasket on the bottom end of the downpipe was also missing, so I had to core out a stock gasket and fit it, again sealing with Ultra Copper with no leakage.

Turbo was tuned at PTuning on tC injectors with a Dezod intercooler. Intercooler is not part of this sale because I need it for the new turbo. This turbo will give you power early (4,100 RPM) and with a wide torque curve. I'll leave on the current map, it is tuned for the tC injectors.

I'm may be interested in partial trades but don't need much, I'm mainly looking for:

- Slam Specialties RE-5 airbags
- underseat air tank (dual 2-gal maybe, pancake won't work for me)
- 6 1/2" component speakers front, 6 1/2" coax speakers rear,both w/ external crossover
- 10 or 12" sub, decent prand and power rating
- 4 channel amp, 100Wx4
- mono amp, 500W @ 2 Ohm

For the stereo stuff, I was looking at Alpine Type-S for the components and Type-R for the sub, and MRP series amps.

- white on black or all white rims, 17" or smaller

For the audio, I am initially thinking all Alpine Type-R. Please PM me if interested.

Last edited by vettereddie; 01-23-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Bump, added tC injectors
Old 01-16-2010, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can trade 16 inch rims and a 10 inch sub and amp
Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Bump, ordered new injector o-rings for tC injectors, will be included with kit.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM

when i get the money i will buy this
Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks runk, not sure how long it will be available though. I'm working with one potential buyer right now and am giving them a chance first. If that falls through or they change their mind I'll put in an update. I pick up the injector o-rings on Friday and will hopefully know by the end of the weekend.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 PM

ok thanks. I have some questions about it just in case though. How many miles did you put on it? Is it still under warranty (if any)? Where did the original buyer get this from? (since you bought it from another showcar)
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not sure how many miles were on it before I installed it. I ran it for about 5k miles without issue. There is no shaft play and the oil seals are good. I can take pictures of the inlet and exhaust trubines to show their condition, only slight wear on the leading edge, no dents or cracks.

The only warranty associated with it would possibly be a limited warranty from Greddy covering manufacturing defects. I would assume it to be one year and if so, this kit is past that period. The Greddy website says that for warranty information to contact the local dealer, which brings me to your next question. I believe I still have the original purchase receipts but will need to look for them.

The kit was purchased from PTuning, which is an authorized Greddy dealer. It was also installed by and tuned them on the first vehicle. It was NOT uninstalled by them though, I do not know the shop that did the uninstall. This is the car it came off of.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/743229

I did a self install when I put it on my vehicle, but had PTuning retune it after install as shown on the dyno above. It's a 6-10 hour job if you do it yourself and are not familiar with the kit or engine. The directions are good though and it's a straight forward install. I would recommend removing the wiper blades and upper shroud by the windshield, it makes getting the turbo in much easier.

The directions can be downloaded directly from Greddy.

http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/1229.pdf
Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 PM

thanks so much
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM

i downloaded the instruction manual and noticed that the kit is meant for an xB. Does that mean that turbos/superchargers meant for the xB will fit exactly the same on an xA? (given it's the same year) If so that will open up my options for what I can do.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The turbo will fit either the xA or xB. The Greddy supercharger will not fit the xA from what I've read, it will not clear the hood. I believe the Blitz supercharger does fit though. I had the greddy s/c and sold it to get the turbo. I probably come across as biased since I'm selling the turbo but the s/c just isn't as good. It makes less power, there are no pulleys available to increase the boost, and the belt slips. On top of that, the tensioner bolt broke on my kit and I needed to have a new one machined just to get it working. Greddy would not sell just the bolt to me, and the machine work ran $70. You also need to cut the plastic engine cover to fit it. The only advantage to the supercharger is that there is no oil feed line needed, but this is a small plus compared to it's drawbacks.

After supercharging, I'm convinced that they only belong on larger displacement motors, for any I-4 I have in the future I'm going turbo.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:22 AM

Just wondering but where could you place an intercooler?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sale pending.

My intercooler was hung here, in the mid-grill. the Greddy one sits in the lower grill.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

SOLD! Mod please lock.