Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Resolved buy from Mike(elevationtc) with confidence....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Resolved buy from Mike(elevationtc) with confidence....

****UPDATE 11/05/2010****

Most of the issues have been resolved between me and Mike(elevationtc). For the most part I received my FMIC and that part has been resolved. I know that Mike is a good guy but the only thing that "Led" to this thread was due to poor communication but Mike made things right. I want to let everyone know that do not hesitate to buy from Mike as he is a good seller and also a good member on SL that is always willing to contribute to the community how ever he can.

I will definitely do business with Mike(elevationtc) in the future if I see anything I need. I hope this updated message does not stop you from buying from him. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Racersky; 11-05-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow, sorry to read all about this Jer. Hope everything works out in your favor.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

8 months for a fmic? dont they usually go for like $ 250 or something? thats like saving $1 a day and he cant do that....thats kinda funny
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear
Old 10-26-2010, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I purchase the kit through him thinking alright everything is going to be alright. He's got massive reviews, he's been a member her a good amount of time, and he helps a lot of people out. But to find out what really happens first hand is shocking.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks....hope it works its self out. its good to have these buyer reviews to help other members from making the same mistake.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by speedy000
That sucks....hope it works its self out. its good to have these buyer reviews to help other members from making the same mistake.

i agree. Just trying to help other fellow SL members
Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 PM
SL Member

man thats rough
Old 10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jkhoury
man thats rough
should have seen the other thread I created yesterday. His friend Weezy was telling me why didn't I just buy a fmic and be done with it.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha i thought it was taken down by a mod thats really good friends with ETC. when the post went down, i was kind of ____ed because i thought the mods were trying to silence someone. my fault for thinking that. hope it works out
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shadowler
haha i thought it was taken down by a mod thats really good friends with ETC. when the post went down, i was kind of ____ed because i thought the mods were trying to silence someone. my fault for thinking that. hope it works out

You got that somewhat correct lol. A mod that knew him tried to have the problem corrected yesterday by trying to let me PMing Mike but that did not happen at all what so ever. The mod tried to talk to Mike about it through PM and hope to have this situation resolved but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Yesterday I tried PMing, Emailing him, and I even called him but nothing came out of it. So the Mod told me I can post it in here and basically said now it's fair game since he does not seem to want to respond.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ummm im good friends with mike n have done all my work through him n have had NO ISSUES AT ALL! mike is a stand up guy n ill back mike up to the fullest cuz of the WONDERFUL experience with every thing ive needed n any help i can get from him has been right on target soo idk bro sorry u had this bad expierence but thats not the type of guy mike is n i know that for a fact n he is one guy who i can trust 100% to the point that ill b leaving my car with him for a couple of weeks while my motor is being built in the very near future

SENT FROM MY DROID
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nobody would not go out of their way to make a thread like this if they truly did not feel like something wrong was done to them. Having a service done by someone is different from buying stuff from that person. You can bs your way through service but parts don't lie. Of course we didn't hear Mike's side of the story but the buyer is usually the victim in these situations.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

darn that suckss
Old 10-27-2010, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
Nobody would not go out of their way to make a thread like this if they truly did not feel like something wrong was done to them. Having a service done by someone is different from buying stuff from that person. You can bs your way through service but parts don't lie. Of course we didn't hear Mike's side of the story but the buyer is usually the victim in these situations.
I agree with you on that. I'm not gonna lie if you see the dates in the beginning and he even told me on the phone I will keep you updated but then the updates started slipping and I wouldn't get a response for a week or two and then that turns into a month.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:23 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by johnnyb305mia
Ummm im good friends with mike n have done all my work through him n have had NO ISSUES AT ALL! mike is a stand up guy n ill back mike up to the fullest cuz of the WONDERFUL experience with every thing ive needed n any help i can get from him has been right on target soo idk bro sorry u had this bad expierence but thats not the type of guy mike is n i know that for a fact n he is one guy who i can trust 100% to the point that ill b leaving my car with him for a couple of weeks while my motor is being built in the very near future

SENT FROM MY DROID

if hes such a stand up guy why is racersky ____ed right now....racersky could have had his turbo kit on his car and it could have been on the road by now. but for this dude mike to ruin his turbo build for 8months i think its a shame. people are becomming frauds these days and cant back up their own words with anything.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Well to set it straight i know mike from SL only. I locked it since talking with Mike he wanted to rectify the situation and he has had financial troubles with the economy. So i figured that they could work it out outside of SL because i dont want anybody getting a bad name cause of the economy. Yes I think things on everyones part could have been handled different. I did tell Racersky that we as mods cannot really do much as far as PPC sales. But i do hate to see this happen so i try and help moderate between parties if i can. But since Racersky is adamant about having the word out which is his right i told him to post here and nobody will do anything about it. I do want to say Mike has always been a good guy in our talks and helping tune and modify cars. Like i said before in the other thread which was in the wrong section (post where they belong peeps) things happen and as much as we are like this guy is scamming dont forget you may end up in a situation where people doubt you regardless of it being true!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i think we shouldnt escalate this further since it is none of our business. We can have 50 more post of peeps saying they are sorry about this happening to racersky or 50 more post of people vouching for mike that he is trustworthy. But in the end, the real person that needs to respond is mike and I have not seen him try to defend himself here. Which only leads to more assumptions on our end..
Old 10-27-2010, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Well to set it straight i know mike from SL only. I locked it since talking with Mike he wanted to rectify the situation and he has had financial troubles with the economy. So i figured that they could work it out outside of SL because i dont want anybody getting a bad name cause of the economy. Yes I think things on everyones part could have been handled different. I did tell Racersky that we as mods cannot really do much as far as PPC sales. But i do hate to see this happen so i try and help moderate between parties if i can. But since Racersky is adamant about having the word out which is his right i told him to post here and nobody will do anything about it. I do want to say Mike has always been a good guy in our talks and helping tune and modify cars. Like i said before in the other thread which was in the wrong section (post where they belong peeps) things happen and as much as we are like this guy is scamming dont forget you may end up in a situation where people doubt you regardless of it being true!
Originally Posted by shadowler
Well i think we shouldnt escalate this further since it is none of our business. We can have 50 more post of peeps saying they are sorry about this happening to racersky or 50 more post of people vouching for mike that he is trustworthy. But in the end, the real person that needs to respond is mike and I have not seen him try to defend himself here. Which only leads to more assumptions on our end..
Could not have have agreed more with what these two USERS have said. High Voltage thanks for trying to help the situation out even though you were not obligated to. I appreciate what you are trying to do. I definitely understand that times are really tought with this economy me as I have been place in the same position as everyone else from being laid off and trying to find a job is crazy. I have a heart too so I tried to give Mike(elevationtc) quite a huge amount of time but telling a person "I will have your money next week" and then seeing can make a person get really upset. I definitely try to not ruin his rep in tuning on this forum but in the end I just want my stuff and then we can then part ways and leave this behind us.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

____ happens. What people need to realize is that threads like this need to be up and running. No matter who you are or how many friends you got on SL and outside of it, a scammer is a scammer (not saying that he is). But he's certainly caused a lot of discomfort for the buyer and future buyers need to be alert.

Best of luck with all that bull____, I have noticed an immense amount of "bad" seller experiences over the past 2 months and it just sucks. Trust me I know how it is to be chasing for your money.....

Quick Reply: Resolved buy from Mike(elevationtc) with confidence....