Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

tC coils on Celica?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:35 PM

Default tC coils on Celica?

does anyone know id the Scion tC coilovers fit the 7th generation Celica?

they look identical, but not sure if the fit?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-16-2017 at 09:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-08-2011, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They might fit, but their spring rates are going to be very different. Get springs for the car don't attempt to Frankenstein them
Old 10-08-2011, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

call your local toyota dealer and find out the part numbers for the two. If they are the same, than yes you can use them. If they are not, i would advise being very weary using them because as previously mentioned, the spring rates will be way of!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or just try it and let us know how it goes?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:05 PM

^ thanks lol!

yeah ik the spring rates are gunna be a bit higher.....would that mean that the celica will ride stiffer?

springs are cheaper than coils but the thing is the OEM strut for the celica is too fat and wide, leaving me with not much space to fit wide rims.

coilovers are skinnier and adjustable but the ones for celicas are expensive ___ hell!
so i did some research and comes out the tc and celica coils are identical.
scions got the lower cost ones rokkor/raceland.....I KNOW YOU GUYS GUNNA GO APE **** ON ME FOR MENTIONING THOSE COILS!

i searched for reviews on them and yeah they arent the best ones. you get what you pay for.....

but the thing is if the springs are stiffer would that mean less stress on shock? meaning the lifespan for those coils last longer.... only problem would be stiffer ride?

decent namebrand celica springs about 200 dollars.....add about 150 more and i could get some cheap tc coils.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:15 PM

celica tein coilovers

tc tein coilovers
Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

why dont you just buy celica coilovers...?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ i thought the same thing
Old 10-08-2011, 06:52 PM

i used tein just for picture comparison.

but like i mentioned in the posts above...

celicas dont have 350 dollar coilover kits! cheapest is about 800

TCs have rokkor/raceland coils for 350 shipped.

so meaning. i want a cheap setup but i cant because celicas dont have that option. but if i can fit tcs then it would allow me to get a cheap setup.

i just wanna know if anyone with a tc has put celica coils on tc, because then that would mean we could do vice versa. right?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Why would anyone put celica coils on a tc? You just said tc coilovers are cheaper, so why would someone go out of their way and buy a more expensive suspension not even knowing it will fit.

Chances are it might be close but it will not fit without modification.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

imo, the extra 3 or 4 hundred dollars is worth the peace of mind knowing that your suspension is actually meant for your chassis and will help the car perform better not make it worse.

ill never understand why people try to cut corners to save a couple bucks when it comes to things like brakes, suspension, and other vital components.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:44 PM

well if you dont know already scion tc came out about the time celica were just ending in production..... first and early scion tc owners didnt have enough performance parts available in the early times, so i was wondering if maybe those early people ever tried that method! of putting celica parts on tcs!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Thanks for the history lesson.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by youngflyer
call your local toyota dealer and find out the part numbers for the two. If they are the same, than yes you can use them. If they are not, i would advise being very weary using them because as previously mentioned, the spring rates will be way of!
they are not the same
Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie

ill never understand why people try to cut corners to save a couple bucks when it comes to things like brakes, suspension, and other vital components.

Agreed.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xxgaxx13
well if you dont know already scion tc came out about the time celica were just ending in production..... first and early scion tc owners didnt have enough performance parts available in the early times, so i was wondering if maybe those early people ever tried that method! of putting celica parts on tcs!

Ahhh no way bro!

Seriously though. You could take a picture of almost any McPherson style independent suspension and they will look like they work. The biggest problem will be height of the strut, and placement of the upper mounting studs, along with spacing of the lower mounting bolts.

Stiffer spring rate means stiffer ride, meaning the strut has to do more work. This means life of the product is less then normal, and gives a horrible horrible ride on the street. And the fact that you want to cheap out for horrible coils because they are cheaper then something actually made for your car, LAUGHABLE. Seriously save up the money and do it right. I'm willing to bet you don't even need coilovers at all.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
Thanks for the history lesson.
oh you're welcome bro i just thought you knew that already. haha!

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
Ahhh no way bro!

Seriously though. You could take a picture of almost any McPherson style independent suspension and they will look like they work. The biggest problem will be height of the strut, and placement of the upper mounting studs, along with spacing of the lower mounting bolts.

Stiffer spring rate means stiffer ride, meaning the strut has to do more work. This means life of the product is less then normal, and gives a horrible horrible ride on the street. And the fact that you want to cheap out for horrible coils because they are cheaper then something actually made for your car, LAUGHABLE. Seriously save up the money and do it right. I'm willing to bet you don't even need coilovers at all.

yeah you're probably right bro.

well i guess my theory was wrong about fitting tc coils with celica pillowball mounts. well thanks guys

Last edited by xxgaxx13; 10-09-2011 at 01:54 AM. Reason: had to say you are welcome to the guy who thanked me
Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

lol
Old 10-11-2011, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Besides the fact the tC is around 400lb more than a Celica. I wouldn't trust anybody who uses the same part for both.
Then again, if you're considering $300 coilovers- even $300 dampers, quality handling is the last thing on your mind...
Old 10-13-2011, 01:14 PM
SL Member

This is the main reason I am here. I own a celica and was hoping to find some coilovers for cheap lol. I believe the camber bolts have to be a smaller diameter for the fronts to fit on the celica. The rears should bolt right up. The spring rates are stiffer but that should be adjustable with the dampener right? The cheapest coilovers I have found for my car are $900 and I am not paying that much. I am following a friend on another forum who is doing this now and if it works I will do the same.

Last edited by Sciond; 10-13-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: pic placed in sig

Quick Reply: tC coils on Celica?