Notices

OEM Audio + and Scionlife Contest *Closed* Winner Announced Next Week!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Default OEM Audio + and Scionlife Contest *Closed* Winner Announced Next Week!

**CLOSED: CONTEST OVER**

The OEM Audio Plus Search for a Champion Contest is on!!!!
This contest applies to all Gen 2 Scion tC and xB owners (As for the other models, not this time...)

How to Enter:

1. Go to official contest page on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/OEM-Search (You will need to be a registered Facebook user to complete this process.

2. Post a picture of your vehicle on this thread!!

3. Demonstrate Attributes of a Champion* (These can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/OEM-Search and performed on Facebook and throughout ScionLife)

4. Tell your tC2/xB2 friends and colleagues!!

Your chance to win an OEM Audio + Reference Series Kit for the Scion tC2 or xB2 - Eligible kits info here:

Scion tC 2011-2013 - oemaudioplus.com/reference400cf
Scion xB 2008--2013 - oemaudioplus.com/reference500cf

Rules:

SCIONLIFE.COM’s OEM Audio + Search for a Champion Contest - Official Rules
1. Eligibility: Scionlife’s OEM Audio+ Search for a Champion Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18 with access to the Internet and a valid email account. All employees of Internet Brands, Inc. (“Sponsor”), all employees of the named Contest Partner, all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, licensees or agents (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL HOWEVER IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

2. Contest Period: Unless specified otherwise, the Contest entry period begins when the Contest is posted on Sciolife.com and ends September 13th, 2012 (Pacific time) at 12:00AM. (the “Contest Period”). Winner(s) will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Contest Period.
3. Contest Entry: You may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by using an APPROVED method of entry. The APPROVED method of entry is identified in the Contest announcement and is as follows:
a. Enter entry info on OEM+ official contest page: (http://tinyurl.com/OEM-_‐Search) For Facebook.com contest entries, you must be a registered user of facebook.com. Only registered Scionlife.com users and fans of both the OEM Audio+ and Scionlife Facebook pages will be considered when selecting a winner.
b. Forum Post/Posts in the Specified Thread. For Scionlife.com forum entries, you must be a registered user of Scionlife.com and fans of both the OEM Audio+ and Scionlife Facebook pages to participate. You may post a response to an authorized SCIONLIFE.COM Contest forum thread and automatically be entered in the poll by posting a response as described in the instructions. Limit one entry per registered user. Multiple posts on one forum thread will be deemed one entry.
c. Demonstrate attributes of a “Champion”. Learn, Promote and experience OEM Audio Plus by sharing, posting, liking and inquiring. Explanation of “Champion” attributes can be found on OEM+ official contest page (http://tinyurl.com/OEM-_‐Search)

Limit one entry per person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Multiple entries and mechanically reproduced copies are void.

4. Prizes: One prize of one OEM Audio+ System will be awarded; approximate retail value (“ARV”) is valued up to US $1,599.00. Prize will be shipped from the Sponsor. Prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen, is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of an advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities (federal, state and local) incurred by the winner as a result of the Contest are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer's terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
5. Selection of Contest Winners/Odds: The Sponsor will determine the Search for a Champion Contest Winner based on Users Performance. The User that is most original, engaging and best represents the Scionlife and OEMAudio + culture will be chosen (“Judging Criteria”). The winner will be notified via private message on Scionlife.com, within 5 business days after the end of the Contest Period. The winner will be announced in the thread and on the Facebook pages. In the event that a winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by the second most qualified Champions Attributes. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be selected. Decisions of the Judges and Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize in the event that insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum Judging Criteria is submitted, as determined by the Judges and Sponsor, in their sole discretion. There will be one winner. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
6. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees), all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. The winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within 5 business days of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
7. General Rules: By entering or participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (c) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (i) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Scionlife.com operated by the Contest Entities; (ii) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (iii) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (iv) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Contest Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in the Contest or in any activity related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Contest information. The personal information collected through the Contest is subject to [SCIONLIFE.COM]’s Privacy Policy. By entering the Contest, you agree to the use of your personal information as described in the Privacy Policy.
8. Participants’ Obligations: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Contest Entities and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Contest or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Contest or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
9.Winner’s List: For a list of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Internet Brands, Inc., Attn: SCIONLIFE.com OEM Audio+ Giveaway Winner’s List, 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Requests for winners’ lists must be received within 30 days after the end of the Contest Period.
10. OEM Audio+ Automotive Sound Systems

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-10-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So the picture above it how it starts out. The exciting delivery day! A Scion owner is supposed to be into modifying and upgrading their cars. TRD rims, springs, sway bars. Add in a short shifter and some fog lights. Maybe add a spoiler. Then save up a bunch of money for the next round of goodies. Wait... What was missing from this equation? A killer sound system. Yeah, the tC has a great sound system but why not make it better. Replace all of the speakers, add in an amp and a killer sub. Boom! An OEM Audio+ tC will get attention from a mile away. Well... until your neighbors complain anyway.

Last edited by Thermos2003; 08-31-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:49 PM

2012-08-221620161.jpg

2011 Scion xB. Stock, except Kensun HID 6000K Headlights. Next couple projects were going to be rims, coilovers, then sound system. I want to keep my build clean, simple, and stanced. I thought the OEM Audio+ was perfect for the build. As a student, don't have much money but if I can win, takes one more off my list and saves me a load of money.

Good luck to all and may the champion win.

Last edited by kevinv5; 08-31-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is my first new car 2013 scion tc, I've had tons of older cars that I built up overtime and last one was wrecked. I've been looking at the OEM + Audio since ive read a ton of reviews on the car. I was on the fence since I am very impressed with the stock audio, how much better can it be? It has a high price tag but they say you get what you pay for. The reviews from fellow scionlifers have been having me work and save up so I can eventually buy the system regardless if I won or not. Its just one of the improvements I need to make this car truly mine. Only thing that could be better is having a really hot girl help me install it.. lol, OEM+ probably doesnt supply one of them though (:

Goodluck everyone.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/pic...ictureid=15210

bought my xB2 around the beginning of the year, i havent had the $$$ to do much. most of what ive done has been cosmetic. but i would love to get a bad ___ system installed. mane i hope i get picked for this!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMG_6227.jpg

My first ever new car, the 2011 Scion Tc. The individuality that the TC2 offered was a major point that drove me towards Scion. It's a great car from the factory, but the customization possibilities are endless! Custom rims, a carbon fiber hood, lambo style doors, a cat back exhaust, custom hood lifts, carbon fiber lip kit, black leather seats with white stitching, matching shift boots and door panel inserts, and not to mention my custom turbo kit being installed in two weeks! What's missing from this equation? You guessed it, a killer audio system. Who better for such a unique and charismatic car than OEM Audio +! Providing a clear sound, and some extra volume, OEM Audio + would be a great addition to this killer TC2, and would draw some extra attention at shows. Being an Engineering Student at The University of Central Florida gives me a great location in Orlando Florida for the car scene. This car has been shown at countless events including Hot Import Nights and Import Faceoff, and has gone home with many trophies to show for it! With OEM Audio + being added into the mix, I could only imagine how awesome it could be!
Old 09-01-2012, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can I vote for him^^ Lol...
Old 09-01-2012, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha woo! TC2 community showing some support! :D
Old 09-01-2012, 02:24 AM

MyxBatQSL.jpg

Here is my 2008 Scion xB. I bought it new in 2007 and ordered it with the Five-axis lip kit. Right now I'm working on giving it a VIP look. I have 2012 tC OEM rims on it right now but looking for 18" deep dish. Vinyl graphics go on it next week, just in time for Scion Exposed. The OEM Audio+ Reference 500CF sound system is in this xB future.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This tC is my third that I have owned. My first was a 2006 Nautical Blue Metallic that I had turbocharged with one of the early Dezod S1 kits. I was ignorant when I traded it off because I never got it fully tuned. My second tC was a 2009 Classic Silver Metallic automatic. I liked that car as well but missed having the manual trans. I have had 7 other cars within these 3 cars but I inevitably came back to the tC, not once, not twice, but three times. I have only had this tC for a month and am looking forward to doing some great things with it. I am planning my first modification is the OEM Audio + 400cf system to keep the clean and subtle look with great quality sound, then I plan to upgrade the shifting with a TWM short throw shifter and Abrams M1 satin ****, after that the suspension will be upgraded to Ksport coils and finally a PTuning Turbo kit matched with an ARK Performance Grip exhaust system. My plans for the exterior and interior are still being decided but will most likely have the 5 axis lip kit, rear spoiler, fog lights, Corbeau A4 seats and harnesses with harness bar. The OEM Audio + will serve with great functionality to keep weight down but offer top of the line sound. I will also be attending multiple major shows in the next season while working on some modifications throughout the off season. Hopefully this system could be one of them. Thanks for the opportunity.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

50b861a9f0803de94203aa9696d2fa42.jpg
This my 2010 xB dropped on Tanabe DF210's, rolling 17"x7.5" +45mm offset Takata Green Rota Grids wrapped in Fuzion ZRi Rubber, DC Sports Axle Back & scuba delete Thrush Glass Pack.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Can we get some tC1 love too?!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Team Scionara
SL Member

Scion xB Gen2 2008 Black Sand Pearl...
Full TRD Package / Carbon Fiber Trim (Compliments OEM Audio+'s Carbon fiber speakers)
Bought three weeks ago and has been dubbed the Umbrella Corporation Zombie Response Vehicle just in time to show off at the theater for the new Resident Evil,(working with manager now to make it happen) of course it would be a lot cooler if I could let them all test the speakers and get video responses on their feedback as I did back in 2009 at the O'rielly speedway at Scion Exposed.
V V V V V
http://youtu.be/1XaCuAFJYhs

Champion here through and through! I've created Team Scionara (Michigan's Largest Scion Owners Club) from the ground up and within 2 years and have amassed 40 members (hard to do in Michigan when you have the big 3, Ford,Chevy,GM) But as Champions do I've persevered and fought on! What better of a person to have on your team as an Great Lakes Rep than the president of all scion club?!?! We'll take it to shows, talk to dealers about offering it. And oh you want to go international? Consider it done! We're talking to dealerships over the border in Canada about doing shows and recruiting for Team Scionara.

A Champion should constantly strive to spread the name of a system worthy as such! I'm talking getting videos of demos and posting them up! For those who saw the words "WIN A SYSTEM" on OEMs page and suddenly are all like "OMGWTFBBQ" and don't plan on repping it hard once you get it installed... It'd be a dang shame...

I've been wanting their system for so long, and even asked for them to install it on a gen1 box... no go... But now... The wait is over... NEW CAR, GEN2 xB and now the chance to become CHAMPION! Reppin OEM AUDIO+... It's what we do! *Thumps Chest* Champion material right here baby! LETS DO THIS!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is my first new car purchased and my first car, i used to drive a truck but when shopping around i fell in love with the RS7!!! so here she is and hopefully will have a new OEM+ stereo!!!! Thanks again for the contest guys!

Im the third car in the photo!
KNt55.jpg
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 PM

2012 Scion XB. This is my first brand new car ever. All my other cars have been beaten up and barely run so I am already so thankful to have something that finally runs great and I can be proud of. The car is stock for now until I can afford to start modding it. It would be awesome to win this and upgrade the sound because I feel that is the one thing that is lacking a bit in the XB.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default This is mine!!!

It would be so much be with an OEM+ system!!!

Last edited by Gambit7; 09-04-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Pics didn't show.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:09 AM

2010 Scion xB RS7

I've been wanting to be champion since I have seen the demonstration at Scion Exposed 2011. I am always talking about this system and always had my eye on it. I believe this is a good opportunity for me. Always, will I represent OEM Audio's system like a champion should if I am chosen.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Default music enjoyed by all

First new car ever 2012 cement scion tc , was skeptical about getting a scion but wife convinced me to get the tc2 as a reliable car that will be good for when we start our family. As a member of the airforce and always away from the wife due to deployment especially being newly married i had to get something for both of us. Wife loves the way the car looks as i love the availability to hook up the car easily with performance parts and sub/amp. The addition of the oem+ system would make the long drives with my spouse a whole lot better and enjoyable as thats the little time we have together to enjoy each other company between work and deployment
Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of the original 2011 2nd Gen tC owners. This is my first car that I was able to mod and make my own. I have done all my mods myself, saved up money to get these mods and made it one of the lowest tc's on the east coast. I have been in audio for quite some time, but got stuck with 2 12" Sony xplod subs which are honestly not that great. The subs I first had blew and that was all I could afford. I've put money into the actual car rather than audio, and I wish I had money to do both. Time and money are hard to come by and this contest would be awesome to win.

Last edited by NitOxYs; 09-04-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

IMAG0309-1.jpg

This is my 2010 Scion XB RS7. It came stock with TRD exhaust and springs, spoiler, and a DAMD bodykit. I have added a TRD bruce bar, 8K HIDS, blue interior leds, mesh grill set, plastic dip the front bumper, plastic dip rear emblem, innerchannel wind reflectors, killerglass, tenzo cai, deleted resonator, and stock TC wheels. The only thing I have not done is audio. I'm rocking stock. I have also been wanting to upgrade but dont have the money. This would help me so much.

Quick Reply: OEM Audio + and Scionlife Contest *Closed* Winner Announced Next Week!