Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Toxic's 2013 RS 8.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Toxic's 2013 RS 8.0

This past weekend, I traded my 2005 Mazda 6i on a 2013 Scion tC Release Series 8.0 with 13,000 miles. It was a bittersweet decision, but it was time to let my 6 go.

My RS 8.0:

Number 1688 of 2000

Mods:

Carbon Fiber Eyelids
Plastidipped Side Skirts/Rear bumper
Interior LEDs (front map lights)
OEM Fog Lights? (I was told these didn't come on it stock)
2 Custom switchblade keys with the car's number engraved on them (1 carbon fiber, 1 black leather/red stitching)
Mazda Paraphernalia throughout (Mazda OEM/Weathertech floor mats, Mazda Cargo Mat; Still a Mazda girl through and through.)

Things to do:

Spec-D Black Tail lights
Replace rear interior lights with LEDs
Modify Mazda6 Cargo Cover to fit in the tC's hatch

Pictures:

Name:  DSC_0077_zps1292adce.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  94.5 KB
Name:  DSC_0076_zps4ca382b8.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  91.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0026_zpsd7541795.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  92.2 KB
Name:  DSC_0008_zps8963420f.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  89.2 KB

Last edited by YayITzToxic; 05-05-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Verrrry nice!! Any plans for upgrades??
Old 02-24-2014, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just love that f-ing car. Man that thing is hot. There's plenty on here and threads dedicated to just that car, so make sure you tune in and give your two cents or ask questions. And I take it, that's your red six next to it? Haha. And you know what, I had read that you plasti dipped your skirt and bumper before scrolling down, and I thought, my god, how awful, but actually, I kind of like it. I think if you posted a few better side shots or back shots, I could get a really good feel for it, but I do like it. So are these things you did already this weekend, or stuff that was done prior? It looks like it was done at the dealer so it would only make sense that someone else did it. They are probably on this forum too.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah Fireside, can't you read!? Modifying her 6 cover to work on this car! #1 priority! I'm just playing. But no seriously, she's going turbo by the end of next week, so it's all good.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I read... hahaha... your expectations vs. her intentions hahaha

I might be turbo by the end of the night!! AAAAHAHAHA ;)
Old 02-24-2014, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha!!!!! Exactly. Might not be with the tC, but hey, no one ever said it had to be! You just gotta be turbo'd! HAHA.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Hahaha!!!!! Exactly. Might not be with the tC, but hey, no one ever said it had to be! You just gotta be turbo'd! HAHA.
toxic... I apologize in advance... Crim and I usually commandeer every thread we post together on! Hahahaha its not on purpose I swear

But ill back you up and say that car needs a turbo!! hAHAHA

I mean its FIRE ENGINE RED for crying out loud!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's just screaming at you, "TURBO ME, TURBO ME!!!"
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Red 6 is mine, yes. (Build thread for that one, with some info on my first one, can be found here.)

Mods were done by the previous owner.

I won't come after you for jacking my thread.. I know I've done it plenty of times on accident

If it makes you two happy, I'll install one of these.
Amazon.com: Turbo Sound Exhaust Muffler Pipe Whistle Blow off valve BOV Simulator Size XL: Automotive Amazon.com: Turbo Sound Exhaust Muffler Pipe Whistle Blow off valve BOV Simulator Size XL: Automotive
Old 02-24-2014, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn girl, you are quite the active member over there, dang! Almost 2,900 posts! That's sweet. Sweet ride too. And yeah, we just jack each other around all the time. Feel free to join in. And if you install that garbage, I'm getting the bank to repo your ride based of morals alone.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha, yeah, I've got a few. We have some guys over there that are nearing 10,000 though. And about 90% of mine are BS or Welcoming posts (I am essentially the designated welcoming committee)

D: -guards car- Don't you dare touch her! Since you like the mod so much, maybe I'll be nice and send you one for Christmas.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, when people have crazy posts amounts like that, they usually get caught in a lot of conversations like ours so that count goes way up. Yeah, on the civic and gti one, many people are 20,000's. I haven't seen a 30 though, but I'm sure some people are nearing it. Also, nice fail on the "guards car". I don't think it works on ours even though it works over there. Hahah. I usually like to welcome people by making sure they are active members on here and post pictures and ask questions.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, when people have crazy posts amounts like that, they usually get caught in a lot of conversations like ours so that count goes way up. Yeah, on the civic and gti one, many people are 20,000's. I haven't seen a 30 though, but I'm sure some people are nearing it. Also, nice fail on the "guards car". I don't think it works on ours even though it works over there. Hahah. I usually like to welcome people by making sure they are active members on here and post pictures and ask questions.
I wasn't trying to make a smiley, so nice fail by telling me I failed. Hah.

I looked at GTIs and GLIs.. But like I told my friends when I was shopping, "My NA isn't even working right now.. FI would probably be a bad idea."
Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha. Oh I fail huh? I still think it's all a cover up. Fire alarm, do you here this? Can you believe all of this?

Listen, you had a Mazda... of course it's going to be on the fritz. You should have gotten those new sick azz MazdaSpeeds. Man those things fly, and you'd be sticking with what you know. But yeah, you can't go wrong with a Volkswagen, it's just not humanly possible. That's a real car.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha. Oh I fail huh? I still think it's all a cover up. Fire alarm, do you here this? Can you believe all of this?

Listen, you had a Mazda... of course it's going to be on the fritz. You should have gotten those new sick azz MazdaSpeeds. Man those things fly, and you'd be sticking with what you know. But yeah, you can't go wrong with a Volkswagen, it's just not humanly possible. That's a real car.
I bought the "reliable" Mazda though! And no, MazdaSpeeds are not at ALL reliable. Although the Speed6s are gorgeous. (but also sedans. Ew.)

And technically.. you can go wrong with a Volkswagen. Electrical Gremlins.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I certainly never said anywhere that Mazdas were reliable, because that is the day that pigs fly, so to speak. Maybe like in the 90's I'd trust them, but not now. I'm just saying, those 3speeds fly! And because they are hatches they look really good. And yeah, sedans = thumbs down.

And you are correct about Volkswagens. I call them princess's and they love their pampering, and if they are not happy, no one is happy! The Germans made these things so dang smart, they out smart themselves sometimes (okay, most of the time) and the electricals go haywire because there are so many components.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I certainly never said anywhere that Mazdas were reliable, because that is the day that pigs fly, so to speak. Maybe like in the 90's I'd trust them, but not now. I'm just saying, those 3speeds fly! And because they are hatches they look really good. And yeah, sedans = thumbs down.

And you are correct about Volkswagens. I call them princess's and they love their pampering, and if they are not happy, no one is happy! The Germans made these things so dang smart, they out smart themselves sometimes (okay, most of the time) and the electricals go haywire because there are so many components.
Hahaha, oh thats it, is it?

Thats what they say about the Speed6s. Owning one is like having a hot, high maintenance girlfriend. "Lots of work but worth the ride."

I think its ironic because the V6 6s have engines that always fail at 100k. Mine was at 97 with no problems, but my 4-bangers engine was a ticking time bomb at 68k. Wew.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hot and high maintenance is cool, but I'm more of a hot and low maintenance kind of guy. Not a lot of work and still a great ride. You know?

So you had another 3K left, nothing like cutting it close. And what was going on with your 4 cylinder?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hot and high maintenance is cool, but I'm more of a hot and low maintenance kind of guy. Not a lot of work and still a great ride. You know?

So you had another 3K left, nothing like cutting it close. And what was going on with your 4 cylinder?
I was gutting the precats soon. That wouldve saved it. No idea what was wrong with the i. Oil rings maybe? Never got a definite diagnosis.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Puking smoke or what?

Quick Reply: Toxic's 2013 RS 8.0