Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

stance super sport coilovers

Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 PM

Default stance super sport coilovers

Does anybody have or had stance super sport coilovers? I can't find any reviews of them was wanting to get some opinions of them.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gonna install mine over the next few days. I'll post my thoughts on it when I put a few miles on them.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man. I was originally looking for a touring sport, but the dealer had one of these in stock. I was hesitant to get a 40th because I didn't want to ruin it, but I was able to get the employee discount on dealer stock, so I couldn't resist. I'd like to lower it, but the Ark exhaust is already low and scrapes occasionally.

By the way, just installed the Stance coils myself yesterday. So far, I am very pleased. I'm doing a mild drop since this is my daily driver, and left the damping at 8 (mid point) up front and 9 (one click stiffer) in the rear. The ride is firm but nicely dampened and no bouncing. While I was at it, I installed Stop Tech SS brake lines, speed bleeders in all calipers and clutch slave cylinder, purged all the brake/clutch fluid with ATE DOT 4, and replaced all sway bar end links...and installed rear TRD sway bar...and 6k HIDs. It's been a busy weekend ;)
Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update for anyone interested in these. I started to notice that the front was a bit overdamped (could notice the bouncing at night by looking at the headlight beam pattern). Decided to turn the front damping down 2 clicks on each side, now it's feels perfectly damped. BTW, no abnormal noises or clunk,

By the way, adjusting is super easy since these are inverted. Simply turn the wheel all the way to the side, and you can reach behind the wheel and turn the ****. No jacking required. Gonna get my fenders rolled this weekend, then get an alignment to dial out the rear camber and toe-in. I'm more into function than form.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everything settled, so I just got it aligned. Still feel very good, but keep in mind that coils will be stiff over crappy pavement. One thing I am happy to report is that I was nervous about pillowball mounts up front, especially on a McPherson design. NVH is not bad at all, and FYI, I am running on the stock exhaust.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One last update for anyone looking at these. Late last year I started getting a high pitched clunk/rattle in the back when going over bumps. I had noticed that the washer on the top of the mounts was loose, meaning the nut wasn't holding it down. I tried tightening but the whole rod would just spin.

To see what was going on, I took the nut off and discovered that the nut wouldn't tighten because there was no more thread left on the rod! Apparently the rubber isolator on the top settled over time and the nut was no longer under compression. So, I picked up 4 washer per side from home depot (M10, IIRC) and re-tightened. Good as new!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I developed a knocking noise on my front left coil which got progressively worse over time and began squeaking. Checked the endlinks, ball joints, tie rods and upper strut mount and all were good. I noticed the coil was binding when jacking it up, so I figured it was the damper. Called Stance and they sent me a replacement damper with a $150 core charge. Put the new one in and good as new. I'm sending the old one in to confirm that they honor the warranty replacement. More to come.

One other observation, the Stances are an inverted monotube design, which is cool. The downside to this is that the dampening adjustment **** is on the bottom of the coil and exposed to the elements. If you live in a cold climate that gets snow, it will get beat up by road salt. Mine seized up and snapped when trying to turn it, even after lubricating with penetrating oil. It was on the old damper I replaced, so I didn't really care. Keep this in mind though. You'll be fine if you just dial it in and leave it alone like most people do.