10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i'll try it if it comes back, but right now, it's quiet
Old 05-13-2007, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys, just wondering if you guys are having the same problem as i am... does it happen when you step on the clutch and when its almost on the floor it gives you like a (tack!!! noise [like a spring to a metal kinda thing])... just wanna get everyones attention coz if that's the problem i found out something to correct it? peace!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The squeak is fairly consistent through the length of the throw. I have no spring to metal sound when it's near the floor.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FMtC_krstnmj
hey guys, just wondering if you guys are having the same problem as i am... does it happen when you step on the clutch and when its almost on the floor it gives you like a (tack!!! noise [like a spring to a metal kinda thing])... just wanna get everyones attention coz if that's the problem i found out something to correct it? peace!
You might hear a clicking sound when you are near the floor. There is a clutch engagement sensor that senses when the pedal is pushed to the floor. The squeak can be heard close to the bottom. Just get someone to push the clutch and stick your head over the slave cylinder. You will hear it.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i work for toyota and own a TC just got it.. and its rainin out now. i would go out and look if it wasnt. is their any kind of boot? or rubber gromets that are near moving parts. i know the old camary's and avalons have a squeak when you turn the steering wheel. so the fix is white grease inbetween the boot and shaft.its simply just the rubber making noise against the metal steering shaft. so in this instance would be something rubber to metal, havent heard it but hope this helped..it may have been said but 3 pages was to much
Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boostaddict
i work for toyota and own a TC just got it.. and its rainin out now. i would go out and look if it wasnt. is their any kind of boot? or rubber gromets that are near moving parts. i know the old camary's and avalons have a squeak when you turn the steering wheel. so the fix is white grease inbetween the boot and shaft.its simply just the rubber making noise against the metal steering shaft. so in this instance would be something rubber to metal, havent heard it but hope this helped..it may have been said but 3 pages was to much
Just check page 2.....I have pics of the boot (bottom of page)............as I applied the grease to the fork, I also applied grease to the ball socket that the slave cylinder rod pushes into the clutch fork. The boot is greased but only due to me being a bit messy with it, but that's not what was making the squeak. It was right where the rod pushed into the clutch fork (metal to metal) so I globbed grease and tried to push a lot of it into that spot and also all over the clutch fork to as far as my finger could reach into the transmission. Seems to have done the trick so I'm not complaining
Old 05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup thats all you need, that fixes the steering shaft squeek...well thats the resolution...its not a forever fix due the the grease gettin dirty and just breakin down but do it again, it will last a while tho
Old 06-07-2007, 06:27 AM
SL Member

I just started noticing the clutch squeak last week (@ 45K)! Anyone try to have the dealership do web's fix? I have a feeling they won't cover it for free since I'm out of the extended warranty, even though I have extra care. They refused to cover the hatch rattles I've had since day one because I finally brought it in and left it for the day when I was already past 36k. Bastardos
Old 06-07-2007, 01:01 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Adeel
I just started noticing the clutch squeak last week (@ 45K)! Anyone try to have the dealership do web's fix? I have a feeling they won't cover it for free since I'm out of the extended warranty, even though I have extra care. They refused to cover the hatch rattles I've had since day one because I finally brought it in and left it for the day when I was already past 36k. Bastardos
It'd be cheaper and much faster if you went to Autozone/Advanced Auto and bought a 3$ tube of grease, got your hands dirty a bit, greased it yourself and then cleaned your hands. No point in taking it to the dealer for something like that. They use spray lubricant which breaks down much faster than "solid" form grease. Get a grease that has synthetic lubricants in it and maybe teflon if there is one. I use Valvoline (gold and blue tube) Synthetic lube and it's great. Deep, grey/black color grease and smooth feeling vs. slimy.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check the results of Vicious and tCizzler:

http://www.clubsciontc.com/forum_thr...ueak-Fix-.html

Mine's been quiet ever since I did it and no issues.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:04 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boostaddict
yup thats all you need, that fixes the steering shaft squeek...well thats the resolution...its not a forever fix due the the grease gettin dirty and just breakin down but do it again, it will last a while tho
Agreed............I'd say maybe 2x a year would be good depending on the dust in your area and also salt for winter.

In MD, we have salty winters and humid/dry summers. A good greasing in late November for me would be a good idea and then one more just before the summer (June). Just clean the old stuff off and put new stuff on
Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just what i was looking for... thanks a bunch web
Old 07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 11thhour
just what i was looking for... thanks a bunch web

No problem
Old 08-09-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good Stuff, I was looking for the squeak fix.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Waking the dead on this thread.

I noticed a slight squeak yesterday after parking my car at home all day. I got in and "squeak!!"......damn!

Well, here's my steps on how to fix it

How to fix some minor clutch squeak and feel your clutch pedal smoother than ever

1)Located slave cylinder (front of transmission....just look straight down to the right of the upper radiator hose)

2)The yellow is just another spot I put grease on (it's where the slave cylinder rod comes out and pushes on the clutch fork.
3)Pull back on the rubber boot lined with red by pulling the little flap circled in red
4)You will see a metal arm reaching into the transmission (the clutch fork)
5)Get some high temperature bearing grease on your finger and apply it to that arm as far as your finger can reach into the housing.
6)Get someone to pump the clutch a few times and then hold it in all the way
7)you will see it move to the right and allow you to apply more grease to the other side of the fork (MAKE SURE THEY HOLD THE CLUTCH OR YOU'LL PINCH YOUR FINGER!)
8 )Make sure you cover all sections of the fork your finger can reach
9)replace the boot and start the car
10)give the clutch pedal a few pushes and then feel the difference

My clutch springs back quickly and MUCH smoother than stock ever did. I love the new feel of it

I did this today and it realy works well, my clutch was squeeking pretty bad today and i just did what it says and after th fisrt time of pressing the clutch it no longer squeeked

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to do this too. Mine is bad, i can't stand it..
Old 12-23-2007, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea mines been squeaking for a month or 2 it will be fixed next week for sure thanks all..
Old 08-06-2008, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member

Just wanted to post and let everyone know that I am another 2005 Scion tC owner that has just started experiencing this problem with about 30k mileage.

It seems this thread has the most information on how to resolve this issue, so I am going to try web's fix when I get home. Thank you web for finding a resolution to this problem. The pictures are very helpful.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:49 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad this thread has helped so many.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bookmarked!

Quick Reply: Clutch Squeaking Fix